x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA ✎ CalliKat's Moderator Application ✎

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Calli, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Calli

Calli Boss Member

image.png
      8iEbknAyT.png

Preface
      Hello, and welcome to my Moderator Application. My name is Cassie but I go by the name of Calli. I decided to give moderator another shot after a few encouragements. But first, an apology.

I'd like to start off my apology by saying I'm sorry about lying about my timezone. I was wrong to lie about my timezone and it was a bad decision to make and certainly not the smartest. I made excuses and I didn't think about this decision twice. I would also like to apologize to the people I hurt and whom I was being disrespectful to. I know my decisions and actions can't be easily forgiven but I would like to be judged by my present actions.

Please do not judge me on this -

My name history - I know my name has been changed plentiful times before and I know my name changing annoys many people, and its a bad habit. It really isn't that big of a deal since I always tell my friends who I was before and there's always 'Previous Names' on the forums.

On to the application. c:

446024_orig.jpg

Your in-game name?
      My current ingame name is CalliKat.

What timezone are you in?
      I am in the Eastern Time Zone. (UTC-05:00)

What country do you live in?

United States of America.

What languages do you speak?
      I can speak English and Russian.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
      Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, etc)

Yes, I do. Since I play on a MAC laptop, I use QuickTime Player to record and Gyazo to screenshot.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      I believe I should become moderator because I'd like to help out the server in many different ways. I'd like to keep the server hacker-free and make this server fun to play on without anybody breaking the rules of any sorts. Though, even now, I can't keep track of every single hack or person breaking the rules, I can still qualify to help the server and I will always do the best I can to help out. Here are some of my traits.

8iEbknAyT.png

Dedicated
      I feel like I should become moderator because I am dedicated to this server. I have dedicated most of my time to playing Mineverse. I am a very committed player. Even If I had only been playing Mineverse for 1 year and a few months, I will always be dedicated to the Mineverse community. You know how many people in school are dedicated to being the best and getting good grades? That dedication is the same thing to my dedication to Mineverse.

Efficient
      I am efficient. I use my laptop a lot and I am used to switching from the Mineverse forums or any kind of tab back to Minecraft. I work quickly and efficiency can be useful as a moderator because I can go from helping a player to handling a report very quickly. I'm used to this since I switch quickly from time to time to ingame and forums. Even if I'm not a moderator, I can easily report a player since I know my way around the forums, and, not wasting, I switch back ingame to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Active & Helpful
      I am active & helpful. I am extremely active on forums. I try my best help out people who have question about the forums, like "How do I get Active Member?" or "How can I rate posts?" In which, I do enjoy answering, ingame also. People who are new to Mineverse ask "How do I make a faction?" or "How do I increase my levels?" I am also active ingame, which I try to report hackers/rule breakers.

Correct Grammar
      I try my best to keep my grammar correct. I've seen many times people messing up "you're" and "your" and it can sometimes confuse players of what the person is trying to say and sure perfect grammar isn't the best and even sometimes my grammar isn't perfect, but I always try not to confuse punctuation and keep my grammar correct for the other player to understand what I am saying.

Dependable
      I am also dependable and can be trusted on. Dependability is showing the trusting job of being a moderator. I feel like I am being capable of being depended on and being worthy of trust everybody's trust; and in any sort of way or ability. I would always keep my loyalty to the community even in the toughest of times.

Fair & Equal
      I am fair & equal. I will admit, I have been unfair at many times, though I have tried and tended to keep this personality with me. For instance, I don't take sides in fights or start cussing and spamming in chat at the people who starting this fight. Nor do I treat anyone as an outcast. If do get annoyed, I never say something whom isn't fair or equal. I have experienced many people being unequal to each other and not treating each other with respect and dignity.

Joker
      I like to joke around sometimes. I always try to cheer people up with jokes and share funny moments from comedies on television with them. I usually call my friends and other people "nerds," which doesn't seem to bother them. But, I would never, ever write something in chat against the rules or something that may hurt a player.

Even-tempered
      I am even-tempered. "LOL GET REKT SKRUB." I often experience people saying this on almost every single pvp server or when someone gets killed all looses all their stuff. People say "ezpz kiddo," or something like that. I'm not bothered by this sort of behavior because when somebody responds to me like this I don't become mad or start cussing. I've seen players respond with cussing and disrespect which leads to huge arguments. I wouldn't ever respond to someone like this. I simply say "Good fight," or "Good game." I would never intend to hurt another person with absurd comments.

Experienced

I am experienced with the moderator commands. Although I moderating only one server, I know the basic commands of a moderator.

/ban [username] Invalid? Appeal at www.mineverse.com -CalliKat
      /tempban [username] [amount of time] [reason]
      /mute [player]
      /mute [player] [time]
      /unban [player]
      /kick [player]
      /fly
      /god

Cautious
      I am cautious. Before I do anything or start typing, I always check if its relevant to say this. I always double check before I post anything in chat, to see if I'm breaking the rules. Since I am aware of the rules, I try my best not to break the rules and be cautious. Although I have broken the rules before, I wasn't always aware of what I'm doing or what I'm doing wrong, and since I have read the rules, I always make sure I'm not breaking the rules of any sort before I make any sort move. I would never intend to hurt another player on purpose so I try my best to make sure I'm following the rules and aware that I'm doing the right thing.

Fast typer
      Lastly, I am a fast typer. I know my way around the keyboard since I use my laptop a lot. This can be very useful when a fellow player is confused about something or has a question. I can swiftly respond to the player, though I wouldn't be bothered if someone already answered their question, basically typed faster than me. This is a useful skill I have and I always double-check to see if I didn't respond correctly in any sort before responding in chat.

8iEbknAyT.png

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      Forums
      Sunday - 4 hours
      Monday - 4 1/2 hours
      Tuesday - 2 1/2 hours
      Wednesday - 2 1/2 hours
      Thursday - 4 hours
      Friday - 5 hours
      Saturday - 5 hours

Ingame
      Sunday - 4 1/2 hours
      Monday - 3 1/2 hours
      Tuesday - 3 hours
      Wednesday - 3 hours
      Thursday - 4 hours
      Friday - 5 hours
      Saturday - 5 hours

((Note: The reason I can be on forums a little more than ingame on Tuesday and Wednesday is because my dad is off work Tuesday and Wednesday and he uses the computer a lot, but I can use the forums on my phone, so please don't ask me this, I only wanted to qualify the reasons why I can be on forums a little more than ingame on those 2 days.))

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I have been playing Mineverse for 1 year and several months. :)

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
      Forums
      I have been banned on Forums twice. The first one was for rate abuse, 30 no supports to moderator applications. I got banned on March 29th. The second ban was because I created 2 alts and played around with them. I got banned April 14th. Both bans were 3 days. And I have learned from my mistakes. (-:

Ingame
      I was never banned ingame.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      SkyZun
      SkyZun is owned by one of my friends. I was promoted to Moderator on May 12th, 2016. Though the server was a Skyblock server before, it is currently being converted to a PvP gamemode server. All staff members were demoted since SkyZun is basically restarting.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
      50 Post Count - True
      2FA - True
      2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums - True
      Skype or Teamspeak 3 for offline communication - True

446024_orig.jpg

Conclusion
      Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and if you only just put a 'No support' or 'Neutral' rating, please give me feedback so I know what to work on and my flaws, thank you! :what:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    2. NinjaPanda

NinjaPanda Experienced Member

Support!
      Nice app
      Follows template
      Meets requirements
      Detailed
      Known
      Nice in game
      Good luck!
      Also 1st support

3. Wolfie

Wolfie Boss Member

Support. :)

4. seanrays

seanrays Well-Known Member

I'll definitely support you all the way!
      I was waiting for you to make an application! :)

5. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Support! :D

6. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Full support Cassie.
      I'm supporting you because you're a good friend of mine; not because I am biased, but because I have gotten to know you so well and I believe you would be amazing in the position of Moderator.
      Just work on enabling 2Fa.
      Good luck, Cassie.

7. Alisha Jade

Alisha Jade Experienced Member

I meant to rate it support, sorry.

8. sitzoum

sitzoum Experienced Member

Support!
      Be a mod pls I am not very satisfied with the most recent promotions (no offense to the new mods)

9. Ertuiop

Ertuiop Well-Known Member

Same :D
      Full Support. ;)

10. DinoDuck

DinoDuck Well-Known Member

Absolute support Cassie.
      Reasons to support you?
      • Friendly.
      • Active in-game and forums wise.
      • You meet the requirements.
      • Stunning application.
      I know for a fact you're going to be a moderator Cassie, love you until I die.

11. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Thank you everybody. :)
      Working on enabling it, and thank you. :)
      Thanks for the support. :happy:
      This means a lot Dino, thank you for the support. :>

12. Veronica

Veronica Boss Member

Full support babe.
      Wish you luck <3

13. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member

Support, Very detailed application. :)

14. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Thank you both for the support. :cat:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    15. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

Hello, I'm giving you half of my support for the following reasons:

• Active in-game
      • Active on the forums
      • Slightly disrespectful at times to curtain people
      • Doesn't have 2FA
      Good luck with your moderator application, Cassie! :)

16. baile y

baile y Well-Known Member

^
      Neutral. I'm not voting yet because my vote will most likely change soon ;). Good Luck Cassie <3

17. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Thank you for the feedback, Andrew, but I edited my application, and I now have 2FA enabled. :)
      Thanks for your input, I'm working on everything. :happy:

18. baile y

baile y Well-Known Member

Great! Now that you have 2FA enabled, I am changing to support (only because that's a big deal ;)) Just work on the other thing Andrew stated. Good Luck again Cassie <3

19. alma

alma Boss Member

I support you, you're a really nice considerate player. Good luck! :)

20. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Thank you. ;)
      Thanks Alma, means a ton. :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.