x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Backgrading to 1.7.??

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by UniquePvP_, Jan 2, 2017.

1. UniquePvP_

UniquePvP_ Active Member

Well since most of the gamemodes have included pvp, and such I think we should go back to 1.7. As of lately many of the competitive pvp servers are almost all 1.7, we also have many people likely to join and become new members to the mineverse family and maybe here to stay just like a lot of us. I as a pvper prefer 1.7 as it has better features that 1.8 does not such as the block hitting and the amount of blocks you can hit, many others may agree or disagree but I for one would like to see a change. Just to add on 1.9+ are not so fit for pvp but building and well more on the creative side not so much as for pvp fans such as myself. So if I speaking for many people would like to see a change for once?

2. amli

amli Boss Member

Is this a suggestion and a rant?

3. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Moved to discussion as this is server related. Let me know if you want it put in the official suggestion section.

4. Cade

Cade Well-Known Member

Tbh this is a lost hope. We have discussed this in the past. Around 2 or so years ago when 1.8 came out. I don't see us ever downgrading to 1.7.

Sorry to say that you'd have to find a different server if you wanna play in 1.7.

5. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

never, ever. You pvp players are sad, really. We're not PvP centred. If you really think that, you may leave, tyvm. We have Creative, Skyblock (which is really big mind you), GTA (Which is more shooting), and some others like Skygrid, etc. We're a normal server, not some pvp server where it's only Kit, OP and Archer.

We need the new blocks for creative, and we need the new features for other gamemodes. Elytras could be really helpful in the near future, somehow. So it's obvious my answer is a definite no.

• Like Like x 1
    6. benji

benji Well-Known Member

If this was a suggestion to go back to 1.7 I'd support.

7. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

I don't think this is a good idea.

8. TENSION

TENSION Experienced Member

move to hcteams, trust

9. Insolar

Insolar Well-Known Member

go play on a server that's actually centered around pvp with a decent host. mineverse is pvp is like mineplex pvp

10. JazzMagic

JazzMagic Experienced Member

There are a lot of people who play OP PvP, Kit PvP, and infection. Also both faction gamemodes, both prison gamemodes, heck I've seen people PvP on survival. The PvP community on Mineverse is bigger than you may believe and most Mineverse game modes allow PvP in them.

As of 6:15 PM PST:
      People on PvP Gamemodes: 246 Players
      People on Non-PvP Gamemodes: 160 Players (Including Survival)

The numbers speak for themselves, there are more people on PvP gamemodes than on non-PvP gamemodes. So I would say that Mineverse is very centered around PvP, or should be, as the majority of players do play it. I included gamemodes that don't rely 100% on PvP but PvP is a huge part of the gamemode (factions, OP factions and prison) . Switching to 1.11 for "new blocks" for one gamemode would make most of the PvP community leave, thus the major of the server leaving. If you want "new blocks" you can always go to a 1.11 server or go into this thing called singleplayer and use the blocks you desire. Another thing, most people bought ranks for things that get for PvP, not extra plots on Creative.

As for this suggestion itself, I'm not the biggest fan of 1.7 PvP as I think 1.8 is good enough. I will not play this server if it switches to 1.9 or later.

I made this post because the ignorance of the community about PvP really gets to me, and I had to prove a point.

11. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Cringe. So why can't other people have different views than you again? If you think the only opinion that matters is yours then you may leave, tyvm.

I'd support honestly. 1.8-10 didn't add anything worth while and it basically screwed up PvP

12. Khortex

Khortex Experienced Member

were not a creative based server who cares about new blocks

13. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

And we're not a pvp server where everyone cares about the new combat style, because I sure as hell don't.

Plus, we can always get a plugin that gets back the 1.7 or 1.8 combat style to the newer versions, many popular servers already have done this.
      smh people can have different views but they're not going to happen if it's well, not going to happen.

We're already dying, and we're going to plunge even deeper with downgrading. You guys can't move on, like seriously?

14. JazzMagic

JazzMagic Experienced Member

I like how you avoid trying to respond to my post lol.

1. We understand not everyone cares, the thing is, the majority of the server, which I proved in my other post that most people play on a gamemode that PvP has a huge impact in it. And the majority of that group of people do not like the new combat system. Out of hundreds of people I've interacted with on mc altogether, only 1, just 1 liked 1.9 PvP.

2. It is possible to do this without a plugin, and even with the plugin, the hit detection would be worse than it is now. And most servers allowed people with 1.8 to play and still have 1.8 PvP.

3. How is downgrading to allow 1.7 users going to hurt the server, it's actually going to help it. Gamemodes like creative and skyblock don't have to be 1.7, just PvP based gamemodes can allow 1.7 people to join. Those servers would allow clients with versions 1.7 - 1.11 to join, so if anything, we're adding a version for people to join on. PvP players want better PvP, 1.7 is the best version to PvP, and the PvP community is the majority of the Mineverse community, so they should get it, simple as that.

15. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

We're dying, so why not go back to the pvp everyone loves?

16. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

I never got an alert or I looked past it, I apologise.

Your points are quite true, but like I mentioned above, we could always have a client or plugin that allows 1.7 pvp mechanics in 1.11. So that way, all servers are the same version and we could even benefit from this with Elytras being added (it's a longshot but hey might work), the new potions, blocks for maps and spawns, etc.

idk why I added this below but yeah just have the 1.7 mechanics in the new versions

17. Legalized

Legalized Experienced Member

Okay let's just be honest almost everything on the server is pvp based, also the game modes that attract the most donations and donators are basically only pvp game modes therefor it's proven that downgrading 1.7 will help and maybe make more money for the server. Look at the amount of donators on PvP game modes compared to your bs creative and skyblock LOL.

18. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

or like I said..

1.7 pvp mechanics in 1.9+

19. Squire

Squire Well-Known Member

Um.... Am I the only one who can pvp exactly the same in 1.8 and 1.7? Besides the block animation, I honestly do not see any difference between the two.

I'm gonna have to no support, 1.8 has more features than 1.7.

20. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

Lol I don't even think this is possible, you cannot downgrade unless the server was made originally on that gamemode, which I don't believe this server was made on 1.7.

1.7 and 1.8 have more of a difference between 1.8 1.9 1.0 and 1.11 have with eachother.