x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA [Barbados] DiggyHD_'s Moderator Application.

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Diggy, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Background

Username:

DiggyHD_

Akshay

Where are you from?:
      I am from Barbados (in the Caribbean)

What is your time zone?
      GMT -4:00

What languages do you speak?
      I speak English and I am currently learning Spanish and Hindi.

Questions

Why do you want to be staff on Mineverse?
      I think I should be Mod because I love to keep servers happy. I am a active player who loves everything so much I wish I could be on everything at the same time :). I love to help people resolve their problems. If an argument were to take place between 2 players i would listen to both side of the story then settle the problem. I would like to become a staff member because I love helping people and making them enjoy their minecraft experience. I am honest,respectful and i always try my best to follow the rules.I believe i can make a difference on the server. I wish to make other people who join the server enjoy the experience,I love the minecraft community, even though it is harsh at times and I am harsh at it sometimes, but I still enjoy helping it. I see myself as a good member of your team. I feel that I can help the server out a lot being staff as I have a lot of experience of staff moderation, I also want to become a Moderator because I love helping players and love helping staff. I would like to be staff because I have played the server for quite a while and would like to help the server a lot more. I also have been server staff on a few servers which means I could bring a lot of my experience and benefit the server with some of my experience. I can help the server with some people like if someone was to spam or continuously cuss or swear I would mute/kick them and give them another chance but if there was a hacker or a griefer I would try my best to stop them but if that doesn't work I would get a higher rank to help me with the person. I also think I should be mod because I am a really nice guy and I would like to show how good I am at server moderation on this amazing server.

Why should you be Staff?
      I think I should be a staff member because I am very experienced and quite mature. I can also be on a lot and help out in chat whenever someone needs my assistance. And as I stated above I am an active player who loves to keep servers happy.
      I love the minecraft community, even though it is harsh at times and I am harsh at it sometimes, but I still enjoy helping it. I like building creations for the good of the community and for my own enjoyment. I don't rage and I see myself as a good member of your team.

Do you help spread the word about Mineverse?
      Yes I have. I spread the word about the server to my school friends.

How long have you been on Mineverse?
      I have been on Mineverse for about 2 years now. I first joined on my diggy1111 account then got this account.

How often do you play on Mineverse?:
      Monday: 6m-10/12am
      Tuesday: 5/6-12am
      Wednesday: 5-12am
      Thursday: Unsure.
      Friday: 3pm-3/4am
      Saturday: 12-2pm & 4-2am
      Sunday: All day before 7pm

What servers do you mainly play on Mineverse?
      1. Infection + GTA
      2. Survival

Do you use Skype?:
      Yes I do. Another way of contacting me is by emailing via gmail @[email protected]

Do you have any experience as Staff?
      Yes. I have plenty of experience in Moderating a community.I have worked on many servers such as NationsMC,TheChest, SkyDistrict and Benderscraft. I have also owned a server and co-owned 2 others.

Have you ever been tempban/punished from Mineverse? (If yes, explain why and how long):
      In-game:No. Never have and never will.
      Forums: Once.

Do you realize Mineverse staff do not have any advantage or given perks to have an unfair advantage?
      Of course I have.They only have the powers to help people and fix glitches/bugs/holes. Staff to me isn't really a special rank/perk. To me its just a person who worked hard for the server and is always there in time of need to help people with whatever problems they may have.

Do you realize you will be helping the server by helping players if asked or needed?
      Yes. I am always willing to help whenever I can!

Experience with commands?
      I have plenty of experience with commands for moderator. As I mentioned above I worked on multiple servers. I also know the majority of the plugin commands on Mineverse and if I don't know one I will learn it.

About Me:
      I'm an average 14 year old with 2 (VERY annoying) younger bros. I live in Barbados a beautiful island of paradise. I love to play badminton and chess. My favorite hobby is riding roller coasters! I have been on every single ride in Orlando! My favorite place in the whole world is New York City. I go there almost every 2-4 months for a appointment because you see I am deaf... I have been deaf since I was born.When i turned 2 years old i got a hearing aid and now i can almost everything!although it is still hard to hear. I love my life although i get bullied a lot at school because of my hearing aid...but luckily i have great friends who help me through out my life!
      Perhaps this is the reason I play MC.. A lot of people appreciate me.
      I love math and got into an advanced class 2 years earlier than I'm supposed to be so i may be on for a shorter time [during school] during the week but during the weekends i will be free. My minecraft skills are mostly building and plugins. I am currently learning the art of redstoning.

Traits

Mature
      I am quite mature when the situation requires me to do so. Other than that when I'm just chilling or hanging I tend to be silly :p

Humorous
      I am really humorous! Just ask a couple of my friends. I love to make jokes in the TS! (May not be good ones but still). I know this doesn't really have much to do with being a Moderator but it still is a good trait to have.

Active
      As of right now I am actually a bit in-active due to the fact that I had a few island examinations. I am starting to be more active. I have noticed that barely any staff are on while I'm on so I assume I have a different timezone which is good. I'm not complaining or anything as I understand that the staff have a life outside of minecraft.

Fun
      I personally think I am a ton of fun to hang out with. I like to try new things whether they're irl or in-game.

Honest
      I tend to be as honest as I can be cause I don't like to hurt peoples feelings. Only time I lie is when.. I am trying not to hurt someones feelings.

Intelligence
      In some subjects at school I do bad (Subjects such as Physics) but I usually get 80% or more on every other subject. Math being my best subject at 96% and Electronics and Computers tied at 91%.

Laziness
      I'll be completely honest with you guys. In real life I tend to be lazy :p But in-game when I have a job to do I am never lazy and always energetic

Trustworthy
      I am extremely trustworthy! This meaning you can trust me to do any task given to me.

I wish good luck to everyone who has also applied!
      Click here to read what a Moderators role is!

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION
      ~DiggyHD_

Support count: 181
      No support count: 23

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    2. Nightfire88539

Nightfire88539 Well-Known Member

I support.

3. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Thank you.

4. Bananurz

Bananurz Retired Head-Mod

Support!

5. Jguns99

Jguns99 Experienced Member

100% support good luck. PS really good application

6. Echoed_

Echoed_ Experienced Member

Support 100%
      But i have never seen you on Infection (probably because of TimeZones Im in EST)

7. ImTopmass

ImTopmass Boss Member

No support.
      Why mention your God rank?
      How are you actual extremely trustworthy?
      You need video proof for catching hackers, or other methods.

8. Ziipper

Ziipper Experienced Member

I've never seen you in game :P, maybe become more know in-game and on here.
      Good luck

9. Tsunderes

Tsunderes Experienced Member

Never seen you in game. Might be timezones, but I'm not taking sides, as I haven't seen what you are like in game.

10. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Removed and edited.

11. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Good application. Support.

12. Alan

Alan Experienced Member

Support.

13. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Added a Support/No Support count!

14. melgrath

melgrath Experienced Member

Good Day,

Per your request, I have compiled some feedback for you based on your current application.

Overall the content is very solid and I am impressed with the time spend putting the application together. I did note some items however which detract from the overall professionalism of the document.

I would first encourage you to copy paste your text into a program such as Microsoft Word. I noticed quite a few run on sentences and a number of instances of "i" instead of "I". If you paste the content over to a something like Word, it should help point out these instances, as well as most of the run on sentences and grammar mistakes. While not major, when applying for a formal position such as this, you want to make sure to do all of the little things.

I must admit the italics made things a touch difficult for me to read, but a lot of that is personal preference and at my age, it could just be my eyesight.

As to the content, again, this was very good overall, but there are some items that I think may hurt you a bit and should be removed.
      • Possibly not mention being banned on other servers for advertising.
        • While great to see you support MineVerse, having potential staff/staff advertising may not look the greatest.
      • Activity levels (Active under your traits section)
        • You mention some Moderators not being as active as they could, but at the same time mention some issues with activity. I DO understand that this is temporary and related to medical appointments, so it may be best to just leave things at a high level.
        • Possibly... "Currently due to a few appointments, there may be brief periods of time where I will be limited on playtime. I will still work to check the forums, but during those brief times, I will be unavailable.
      I know it appears that there is a lot here, but I cannot stress enough that the overall content is very good and you have gone far in convincing me you would be a solid Moderator. Your traits, past experiences, and some of the feedback already from your peers, speaks volumes. I look forward to any updates and best of luck!

Cheers,
      Melgrath

15. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

Very nice application in my opinion. Support!

I also liked how you included a lot of information about yourself, helps us get to know you more :)

16. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Thank you Alexa! I really appreciate this and I hope to soon be an infection mod along side my mentor!

17. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

Awh, that's sweet :')

18. Vamp

Vamp Experienced Member

Well, here goes.
      - You asked me to look at your application: http://prntscr.com/60478d
      - Quite a few spelling/grammatical errors, but then again, that's fine.
      - I don't see you on Kitpvp nor have I seen you much on Infection, might be timezones but I cover quite a bit.
      Positives:
      - Good application
      - Positive attitude towards players and the community
      - You've been around longer than me, but eh, not sure if that's a good thing seeing your forum statistics, oh well, I'll keep that as a good thing.

Good luck, I half support.

19. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

Neutral for now. Good luck.

20. GizzBots

GizzBots Well-Known Member

No support. I've never seen you on KitPvP, yet you say you've been played for 2 years.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.