x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OCE Delta's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by yehs, Oct 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Introduction
      Hello, my name is _DeltaWolf_ although I am normally referred to as Delta. I'm a person who loves playing Minecraft and my favourite server is Mineverse. I love playing all game-modes here on Minecraft and I play all of them pretty equally. I'm also always up for supporting Mineverse in any way I can, and I find this my next step in doing so. I've applied for moderator before and I made one application quite recently. I have changed though. I've been doing more reports and I'm always trying to find rule breakers. It's pretty hard to do so though because I'm in a different time-zone to most, although I do still find hackers and I play almost all day if I am free on weekends. I've also been told that I do tend to make my applications too 'flashy', so I've tried to lower it down a notch but still but in effort. But without anymore, let's get on with the application.

[​IMG]

Your in-game name
      My current in-game name is _DeltaWolf_. Although I have been also named as D8_C41, Flaminqz_ and DeltaMC.

What time-zone are you in?
      I am in the UTC 08:00+ Perth time-zone.

What country do you live in?
      I live in Perth, which is the capital of Western Australia.

What languages do you speak?

I can speak English and Portuguese. Although I am learning Chinese.

Do you have the necessary means of catching evidence?
      Screenshot
      I use the built in Mac Screenshot as well as the default Minecraft Screenshots for capturing evidence that does not require video taking.
      Videos
      I can take videos with the Quick Player application on the mac and upload it here via youtube.

How long can you be active on a server each day?
      In-game
      Monday - 1-2 hrs
      Tuesday 1-2 hrs
      Wednesday - 1-2 hrs
      Thursday - 2-4 hrs
      Friday - 2-4 hrs
      Saturday - 6-8 hrs
      Sunday 6-8 hrs

Forums
      Monday - 2-4 hrs
      Tuesday - 2-4 hrs
      Wednesday - 2-4 hrs
      Thursday - 3-5 hrs
      Friday - 3-5 hrs
      Saturday 4-10 hrs
      Sunday 4-10 hrs

Please know that depending on what I have on changes. I might have something out of routine on at a certain day of a certain time that might change this graph although this is the basics of my online time. Also, I want to clarify that my time-zone is different to most and although you might not see me often it is most likely due to time-zones.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I have been playing Mineverse for around 2 - 2 1/2 years.

Have you ever been banned? (Forums & In-game)
      Forums
      I have been banned once on the forums for death threats. Although it was an accident completely, I will admit I did make the death threat and I deserved my ban.

In-game
      On one of the first days I was ever on Minecraft (Before I even know about Mineverse) I got banned once for advertising as I was not familiar with the rules of any Minecraft server, although that was not here in Mineverse.

Do you have any expirience moderating?
      I have had experience on a (in game) friends server. This server was Skyblock, so I have an experience with Skyblock. Although, the server is now changing to a PvP game-mode. I have been friends with some of the moderators there and right now some of them are Moderators here on MV.

Do you meat the requirement for moderation?

50 Post Count - True
      2FA - True
      2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums - True
      Offline communication - True

[​IMG]

Why do you think you should become a moderator?
      I've been on enough forums and enough Minecraft servers to know how both work. I know how to easily travel the forums and all the sections and their dedicated type of post. For Minecraft, I've played it on the Xbox, IPad, IPhone and on my computer. I know that we are always getting new players on Mineverse and many of which are new to Minecraft in total. So I believe to be a good moderator you must know the game well so you can be able to help those who are new. I believe I know the game well. I also know how to recognise hacks and I have a good deal of expirience when it comes to the rules and their punishments. I also know the basic commands to moderation, although I understand their is more to it then what I know.

I am Persistent
      I believe that being Persistent is very important if you want to become a moderator. There will inevitably be people that will put you down if you do become a moderator and you must be able to persist through the put downs and hate. Also, when you're creating reports you have to be able to Persist through them and make them well rather than just give up.
      I believe that this is one of the most important traits.

I am Dedicated

Dedication is also exceedingly important for a moderator. You have to be dedicated to Mineverse for becoming a moderator comes with having to get on daily and do your work. I might have things going on in real life although you still must be eager and dedicated towards Mineverse enough that you will play through the toughest times.

I am Kind

There was a time when I was known for my kindness and I had people always come to be for help since they have been told I was kind. Although, I became unkind and lost a lot of trust. I'll never have the same amount of kindness although I have stopped being mean and at all means I restrain myself from becoming that unkind person once more.

I am Honest
      At times, it can be hard for the truth to come out. It may be hard to be completely honest, and since this is a video game, not everyone says the truth. To be honest, there has been times when even I have lied, although, I am honest when I can be and I try to make sure to be that honest person as much as I can. I know that you must be honest to become a moderator and I believe I am honest.

I am Not Biased
      In a fight, I will do what I can to be non-biased. It's quite important to be non-biased for even if your best friend is having a fight with someone else, you mustn't just ban the other for they are not your friend b you must have reason to ban one or another and even if they are your friend, you must still ban them if they are breaking the rules.

I am Experienced
      I have been a moderator before on a small server so I do understand the basic commands. Not only am I experienced with Moderating, I am also experienced in Minecraft and the forums itself, so I know how it works. I know also how to figure out if someone is hacking with a certain modification. Here is a list of the basic moderation commands that I know.

/ban <username> Believe your ban is invalid? Appeal at www.mineverse.com -DeltaWolf
      /tempban <username> <amount of time> <reason>
      /mute <player>
      /mute <player> <time>
      /unban <player>
      /kick <player>
      /fly
      /god

Although I do know these commands, I understand that there is most likely a lot more to learn.

I am Cautious
      When I was before banned for death threats, all I can say is I was not cautious. I made the death threat by accident although I accept that I did do it. Now, I try to back up my cautiousness and since I know the rules I make sure when typing that I do not violate any of the rules, for being banned is not something I want to be again.

I am Fast at Typing
      I am a decently fast typer. This helps me when I am on the forums, when I'm making reports and when I'm responding several people at one time in chat. It's nothing big, being a fast typer, although it still does help. Swiftly responding to things has helped me big time before and will help more if I do become chosen for Moderation.

[​IMG]

Conclusion
      This has been my application.
      Although it is inevitable that someone will No Support me, please don't give me No Support because I have given a no support to your friend and please don't no support me either because of my activity. I am active but as I said, I have a different time-zone.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    2. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

I'll go with neutral, I feel like you can do a little more reports and improve your game activity. Other than that, you seem like a good candidate, bets of luck to you! :)

*edit* and also in the cautious section change know to now

3. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

No support.
      - I have the same timezone as you, but I do not see you in game.
      - Play more game modes, not just Infec and Creative.
      - Be slightly more active on forums
      - Do more reports on hackers

4. Stacker7

Stacker7 Boss Member

I will not give my opinion just yet but try doing this please. :)
      Get rid of the big space under your app
      Make the font a bit bigger it is quite hard to see.
      Good luck ;)

5. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Thankyou, and I will do more reports :troll:

1: I don't see you either although I might play a bit earlier or later than you even with the time-zones. But I do play daily so I don't see how I'm in-active.
      2: I do play all game-modes. I should have said 'My favourites are Infec and Creative'.
      3: I am active but I read Help threads, respond to them if they are not answered, I do see intros and suggestions and discussion and off topic. I don't always post on them but I do read and I am active on the forums.
      4: I don't do many reports but I am always looking for hackers when I can.

Thanks for your post though :troll: I am always looking for ways to improve.

6. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

okay! Thanks for pointing out the space.
      I don't want to make my application too big since it's rather large, but I do understand for smaller screens it's pretty hard to see. I'll make it a tad bigger.

7. Stacker7

Stacker7 Boss Member

Okay great! thanks :)

8. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

Wont give a rating yet
      But good luck should get a rating from me by tomorrow;)

9. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

Neutral dont see you in game

10. lordeesti

lordeesti Experienced Member

No-Support haven't seen you in game or on forums once till now.

11. CrystalConduct

CrystalConduct Experienced Member

12. Kyra

Kyra Well-Known Member

No rating yet, but am leaning towards support.

I honestly like how you made your application, it's not like all the others and it makes it easier for me to read which I appreciate.

I also most likely haven't seen you in game because of timezones so I can't judge upon that, but I wish you the best of luck!❤

13. ItzJonahMC

ItzJonahMC Experienced Member

No support. Way too long application. Just read one word and I can tell.

14. Sparky

Sparky Retired Head-Mod Premium

I'll happily support you Delta, I think you'd make a wonderful moderator. :)

15. dankmeme

dankmeme Experienced Member

soupport.

16. Griff

Griff Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with a long application, anyways I'll go with neutral. I've seen you a few times ingame and on forums, but that was about a month ago. Just try to increase the reports and activity and I'll support

17. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Neutral, you've been really inactive lately

18. dankmeme

dankmeme Experienced Member

yeah for 2.2 days.

19. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Neutral, not seen you in game before.

20. alma

alma Boss Member

Oml why do you make so many apps.