x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • "Fake" Crate Keys Thread

Discussion in 'Guides & "How To"' started by jasmine476, Jan 12, 2017.

?

What do you think of this guide?

1. It was a good guide!

2. It was an ok guide.

3. It could use some work.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. jasmine476

jasmine476 Active Member

-=- FAKE CRATE KEY GUIDE -=-
      Recently I have seen many players using a new scamming techneque called "Fake Key Selling". This tactic is used by grabbing a tripwire hook and naming it via anvil to make it look like a voter crate key, or even anything up to a legendary crate key. Any form of this is punishable on the server.

Anvil naming abuse is considered "Trolling" (discussed and confirmed). If a player puts a fake crate key up for auction and/or auction house (ah) and is asked to remove the item but does not comply, the punishment is a 3 day ban from the server. (Read the full list of rules here http://www.mineverse.com/threads/mineverse-official-rules-indepth.108261/).

This thread was created for those who are unable to identify a real crate key from a fake one.

-=- HOW TO IDENTIFY CRATE KEYS -=-

Real crate keys simply are color coded to show that they are real. In auctions, you can check (/auc info). Fake crate keys are not color coded. All fake crate keys are white, the base color, and are italicized. The italicized text means that it was created using an anvil. This is how you can tell them apart. (Example of a fake crate key http://imgur.com/a/UxTVo)

-=- WHAT YOU CAN DO -=-

If you see this happening (any form of sold item turned "fake" via anvil or likewise) remember, this is what you can do. First of all, do not report them right away. Instead, message the player selling the illegal item and ask them nicely to remove the item. If they do not comply, then you may report the player. To make a successful report for this instance, take several screenshots. Take one of the illegal item sold, another of the player ignoring or not complying with your requests to take the item down, and any more you may feel necessary to add. (If you wish to report a player, you can do so here http://www.mineverse.com/forums/report-a-player.86/).

*Please Note* This is my first "how to" guide, so I do expect some constructive criticism (but nothing rude, please). If you read this thread, please tell me what you think from the poll and comment if it was good (or if I need to improve anything).

• Like Like x 3
    2. jasmine476

jasmine476 Active Member

Bump :P

3. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

First of all reporting them will do nothing. Second, tripwire hooks have the same name as voter keys so they look identical. You can see what people are auc by doing /auc info, there is no scam. Tripwire hooks are made to make trapped chests so people sell them via auc. Therefore if you report them nothing will happen the only thing you can do to see what is a crate key and what is not is to do /auc info.

4. BrainStormBlitz

BrainStormBlitz Experienced Member

No I reported someone for this and they were banned.

5. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Voter keys have their own name and are a completely seperate item from just an ordinary tripwire hook.
      This guide is a way to protect users from accidentally being scammed and purchasing a fake Voter Key.
      And, yes, this is actually bannable as it classifies as trolling/scamming depending on the situation.

Thank you for the guide, very helpful.

6. jasmine476

jasmine476 Active Member

Thanks, this is my first guide so it isn't as long.

Also, I was told in order to successfully report a player that is trolling using this tactic, you must first ask them to take the item down. If they do not comply, then you can report them. I am only acting upon information that I have already received.

7. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Thanks for the warning seeing as I'm a Prison nob ;p

8. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Very good guide, jas! I hope this will avoid people buying these fake keys, and make end to selling the fake keys.

9. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

I never knew about this xd
      Thanks for the guide!

10. Dyna_Mighty

Dyna_Mighty Retired Head-Mod

I ban for scamming for this, which carries a 7 day ban, if its the first time this player has scammed someone. If they have scammed before, the punishment goes up exponentially to a month. If someone were to auction this, and it being named voter crate key, or even if they say in chat, this is a voter crate key. Be sure to record it and do /auc i to be sure of what it is. If you get all that information, please feel free to report it.

11. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

My apologies :).

12. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

Yeah I saw this on auc house and I thought the key was just glitched, who knows maybe someone bought it and got scammed. Rip