x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Rakion504's 'Second' Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Rakion, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

Rakion504's Second Moderator Application

Before I start my application however I just want to notify you, the readers, of something that I greatly advise you to do. DO NOT judge my application because of how long it is, or even how sophisticated it looks. You have to judge me by heart. Because if you give me your support, you will give it to me wholeheartedly without any doubts or regrets in the end. I would want to acknowledge you in advance for the support people will give me, your support means a lot to me. And for the staff members that have chosen to read this, if anyone flames my application without any reason, do what you have to do. CypriotMerks has already read this and now only waiting for his respected decision. I now ask for the support that you will choose to give me. ;) Thank you for reading.
      Dear Cypriot ,
      I have ceased from using my 'usually' clean, neat, and professional type applications and have decided to express it by using an essay type application just because I believe I still owe you for the minor setbacks I may have caused in the past. I realize that the decision is not up to the players, it is up to the higher authorities like yourself. I hope you have the patience to read this, and don't worry, this Moderator application still answers the questions to the template that Noobcrew created.

I am also known as Rakion504 in your server. I am 14 years old and I live in the Philippines with the specific timezone of (UTC+8). Because of this, I will be able to Moderate while the other Moderators are sleeping or somehow on vacation. I have been playing on your server for almost a solid 11 months, it is my passion to Moderate it. Since our summer vacation is different from yours I have gained a lot of free time in my hands. As I know you have already seen or at least caught a glimpse of me in-game and in the forums, you would know that I often act maturity-wise more than my age. I am capable of cracking jokes sometimes, but I know when to be serious in dire situations. As an ambitious person, I would consider myself a very competitive person by nature and maybe some people perceive it as arrogance or see me as simply annoying. Maybe it's true. All I know is that anyone can achieve greatness if they work harder than those who are currently better than them. In the case of your server, I would say that other famous servers like Mineplex, Shotbow, and Hypixel are the main competition but all the other servers are at the very top of the HUB server rankings. You may not have the same playerbase as other servers but you should realize that the players you have are worth so much more.

As a human being, I have a great personality. I am honest and I have a high sense of integrity. I will stand up for what is right and what I believe in. You know this for a fact Merks, you should. I always show respect and treat each and everyone equally whether they are inferior or superior, hence my good reputation on the forums. I'm sure that I would be able to help you in the tasks that you need help with along side the responsibility and obligations I have, I would be a great addition to your team once more.

Mineverse may not be that famous, but I know with a little hard work and perseverance we will be capable of breaking the ranks of the powerhouses that are the other HUB servers. I know for a fact though, that you, CypriotMerks can one day overtake them. You may not have the huge financial backing or popular Youtuber owners that can grant instant popularity to a server but how hard do those servers work? I know for a fact that you work harder than them. You should be proud of yourself that you are above servers that have far more players than you. Mineplex may have 10 times more players than you, but I believe that you overwhelm them. NOT with how many players, but with how much determination you give to the server.

During my time in Mineverse, there has been a surprisingly amount of hackers in the midst of the server. This is because they give hackers a lot of chances. I can say that if I was once more chosen, offenders will only have two chances from me. Any more bans after that will result in a permanent ban.

Since words alone are not likely to persuade you especially because of my previous heinous actions, I will now tell you the statistical and factual side of my application. I truly believe I have the right skills and experience to be a Moderator once more on your server. Do you think I deserve it again? The decision is ultimately your choice so I will not undermine your authority by making the decision for you. However, allow me to persuade and inform you of just a few reasons of how I could be beneficial to your server once more. If I were to describe myself, some of the characteristics I would include would be mature, persistent and sociable. Whilst I am not fickle and do not change my mind often, I am neither a super-serious player, nor one who is immature to the point where they act based solely on instinct. I believe I am a good balance between these worlds and as a result, have some good qualities that would aid in this position. I try very hard not to hold a grudge and if I am wrong, contrary to popular belief, I am not arrogant or dogmatic enough to refuse to apologize. For every mistakes I have done, I will always apologize if I know it was my fault.

As for my staff positions, I have previously held ranks on many servers that I believe an owner like you have the right to be aware of - Most significantly of which were LavaCraft which I resigned to focus on your dear server, Mineverse. At some point in time, I held a unique positon on your server where it was my job to moderate for the players. My rank on Mineverse allowed me to give back to the community and that is one of the most important things to do on a server. I love the Minecraft community and server communities because of the unity and understanding that holds them together. Sometimes, I feel like I enjoy helping people more than I enjoy playing the game and for this reason, I believe I would still be an asset to your team. Stemming from this, I manage to achieve a good reputation on EvictionCraft (Now known as FlarePvP) and eventually ended up being a Senior Moderator on it. I'm sure that the players on these servers and especially your server could testify that the server became more interesting. If given another unique opportunity on your great server, I can ensure you that reports would be done everyday.

Although you and almost majority of people may consider 'younger' players like myself to be more immature and childish, let me remind you the benefits of hiring younger players as staff. Older players will feel a sense of superiority and arrogance both in-game and when talking to other members of staff, resulting in more drama and conflict. They sometimes believe that they know everything and are very narrow-minded as they think nobody can teach them anything new, making them very difficult to work with. On the other hand, young people are willing to acknowledge your superior experience and knowledge as well as having the thirst for information, resulting in them being enthusiastic with their learning and generally easier to work with. We are more humble and open to new ideas as well as offering up a fresh new perspective of the server. I am not naming anyone, nor is this even intended for purposely offending other older players. As Henry Ford once said, ''Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.''

Overall, I believe with great determination that I have what it takes to be a staff member due to my love for the community and for helping out players. I will forever more be active on your server and will be willing to listen to your advice and adapt it to fit the way I act. I also have much experience with dealing with hackers but am not impetuous in banning. I like to hear everyone's side of the story before making my decision. As for hacker videos, I am away of many, if not all of the current hacks out there and frequently check the forums to identify any new updates and release dates.

That is the reason I want to be a Moderator on your server once more.

Like I have said before 'When you began working seriously on your server, I had known you prior to it and knew that it would be a success. I believed in you and now, I ask you to believe in me.'

Support count :
      :D : 118
      :( : 5

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    2. BrendanPvP

BrendanPvP Experienced Member

Support

3. MiningCreeper454

MiningCreeper454 Well-Known Member

Woah... 101% support!

4. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

Thanks. I hope you two followed my advice and supported me wholeheartedly.

5. Laura_or_is_it

Laura_or_is_it Well-Known Member

Im sorry, no support.

6. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

It's alright. But at least give me a proper reason rather than saying 'No support'.

7. Laura_or_is_it

Laura_or_is_it Well-Known Member

You had your chance, you were a corrupt mod, chances of you ever getting mod back are small to none.

8. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

I appreciate your honesty. Thanks.
      It's a chance that's worth going for.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
    9. onesquad

onesquad i am your dad Premium

No Support
      [​IMG]

Quick summary if you're busy:

DO consider:

• How helpful is this player?
      • How active is this player?
      • Is this player mature?
      • What's the players background? (Bans, warnings, so on)
      • How experienced is this player?

Thank you for your time.
      - Credits to Artificiality for writing this up for me. :) - ( By Cypriot ) -

No Support, Due to "Corrupted Moderator" I doubt you'll get it back
      And I use to like you but Ik your teamed with hackers and didn't deal with it
      Well Done Rakion
      *sarcasm*

10. onesquad

onesquad i am your dad Premium

And you can't do a second app too (I tried XD)

11. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

[​IMG]

"It does NOT matter what they were banned for a year and a half ago, if they've improved since then. What matters is what they did in the past months, and who they are now." (It was written on the original post you quoted)

Also, just in case you did not know. I banned TheSteeFlame and Camel45 myself. How they got unbanned because the other mods dealt with their appeals due to my demotion are no longer my concern.

There's an edit button. Don't let that go to waste.

12. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

Just saw this now but I think you mean 'Duplicate' one? You need to ask a Moderator to close your previous one before you can make a new one. In this case, my old one was already archived.

13. progamer6

progamer6 Experienced Member

I didn't get the chance to know you when you where moderator and ive heard more negative than positive so im sorry no support

14. jerry1281

jerry1281 Active Member

Support :)

15. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

Then you probably don't know me at all really. Thanks.

Thank you.

16. Puri~

Puri~ Experienced Member

Support~

17. LordNinja421

LordNinja421 Active Member

#Support. You were a great mod back then and I'd think you will still be a good mod

18. Rakion

Rakion Boss Member

Thanks guys. Your support means a lot. I guess everyone just focuses on the fact that I was corrupted when there is another story to that issue. Only the fraction of the truth was exposed.

19. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Support. I didn't know you personally when you were a moderator, but from how I see it, you deserve a second chance at mod. You were a great asset to the Mineverse community, and I do hope you get moderator again. I wish you the best of luck. :)

20. LordNinja421

LordNinja421 Active Member

Rakion why did you get demoted? I still dont know why but i want to know

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.