x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Rant about Mineverse community. (no disrespect intended)

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by zoestar6, Dec 25, 2016.

?

Are you ready to read this HUGE thread that I worked super-hard on?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
      40.5%
    2. Let me read a bit to see if it's appealing to my eyesight of reading-knowledge-gaining.

12 vote(s)
      32.4%
    3. No. Me: Please?

10 vote(s)
      27.0%
    1. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

OK I'd like to start off this rant by saying I mean no disrespect to any staff, website creators, and others when I start this rant. If you get offended easily please discontinue the reading process of this rant.
      OK so in the Mineverse server description not for sure who (I'm not blaming them, or trying to hurt them, or point fingers) but someone put "a family friendly server" OK yes partially true but there are HUGE improvements that could be made. When I read this sentence I practically fell off the couch to start having a laugh-attack. (The attack of which one cannot help bu to laugh uncontrollably, most likely at a joke that only limited people would understand. <- My definition) The reason I almost fell off the chair and laughed is, I wondered if they recently took a look at almost all of the PVP servers, and not to mention creative, could someone please put a warning on creative that says something like "Please be aware offensive chat may appear, there is little we can do about it considering there is absolutely like a zillion ways to avoid the chat censors, and there aren't many mods on because they have lives outside of Minecraft" (and I'm not saying the mod thing in a sarcastic way, I have a great respect for staff, I just wish the chat sensors... or even just have helpers who can only mute people.... please...)

When I first joined creative I got really excited about it, thinking things such as "Oh boy, can't wait to start a town with all of my 11 year-old friends and I!" One of the first things I saw was an teleport advertisement for a club (You know what type of club I mean). I passed it off and saw it as a minor flaw even though I knew some of my younger friends would be on there, because I thought I saw something about a "family-friendly" server. Then later as I asked if there were any people that would like to help me build a mall. Not very soon after, I got a very disturbing and harassment-like message from another player. I'm clearly not going to say it considering I'm not going to avoid chat filters, and it was quite disturbing so I'll spare you all the details of what this guy said to me.... Anyways my first impression on creative was not a good one, so I quit creative, figuring out a bit too late that the community - well at least the creative community.

So I decided to go ahead and try Skygrid. Yes I know griefing is apart of skygrid but this experience is still pretty bad. I built a nice little house and was enjoying the quiet amount of players. I had made an awesome friend, she was the first person I had met on mineverse that actually treated me like a human being. I was so excited to make a new friend. We hung out constantly, I didn't care if she was like 3 years older then me, we had so much fun playing together, then I was gone for 3 days and came back to find my whole entire base totally DEMOLISHED.
      I had heard from the other players about their experiences with being greifed so I knew it was going to come eventually, so I didn't rage too much, but the griefing is not what bothered me. As I observed the ruins around me to see if there was anything left of the horrifying remain of what I had worked so hard on I noticed a huge Swastika in red wool. That's right, a swastika. I already knew what it was but still really freaked me out. I looked around a bit more to find some very "interesting" signs around the slowly decaying ruins of my base. Some said things like, "You should go kill yourself.", "You don't deserve to live" "You're a fat pig" and those were the less worse ones. I'm not Jewish, but the Swastika symbol is not a good thing to find on a so-called "family-friendly" server.
      Having no where to turn for help, I stumbled across a moderator, and soon became hopeful. (I don't recall who it was, and I will not list names for anonymous reasoning.). I was excited to report these players and get rid of such rude payers for something like death threatening, because I assumed that was getting-in-trouble worthy at the time. I told them about it and they teleported to my base on Skygrid, (well at least what was left of it) and they told me along the lines of "I can't really do anything about this since they didn't put their username, there is no way to check who did it, and you could have easily done this...." I was a bit disappointed but I mostly understood, well kind of. I had never been a mod on a big server but, I knew they had many issues to deal with. Such as when I saw everyone trying to get their attention to have them help them with something. I thought I might have needed to stand in line. xD. But I kind of understood because I could see how they would easily be able to think that I was just another player trying to annoy the noodles out of staff and bother them with useless issues that are out of their hands...

So by that time after my series of events, I really didn't trust a lot of people. I was definitely not aware of how to report other players, because I was naive and thought staff could go back and view all of the chat, even other player's private messaging. But I still had that friend from Skygrid. Although many bad things had happened to me, she was the greatest thing that came out of all of it. But for some reason she just kind of stopped coming on after she and I created this huge faction - okay, that's kind of a lie, she had a pretty decent sized faction going on that she let me in, and I spent hours helping her with the base design, gathering supplies, and helping the rest of the faction's members. I soon became well-known in the group, moving up to something like a officer of the faction. I became well-known for my cat-like personality, and my willingness to help people. Also my annoying side of me that liked attention, and got it by acting like a cat in need of attention. We had a strict no-greifing policy, we lived off of the supplies we earned and enjoyed it while we were kind of like a family. There was the leader, strong and always helping others. Me, the second faction's officer. I usually helped by volunteering to go on supply runs to gather obsidian from caves underground, or gather wood. Mostly because we preferred to save money, and not spend it on things we could just get ourselves.
      The first officer who was often pretty quiet in chat, but he had a much awesome side of him he rarely showed. Then there was sunflower, he - I dont remember if it was sunflower, but it had something to do with the word "sun" in his username. He was always that one guy who always actually knew what was going on, even when the rest of us were too blinded by, selfishness, hate, and fear. He was like the neck of our group, I was kind of like the spine - anyways enough of human anatomy class. What basically happened is - yep that's right you most likely guessed it - we got greifed again, I know it's part of the game I was upset but I knew it was how other groups survived is by taking other's supplies. The greifing -again- was not what picked at my brain, it was that stupid Swastika group! Again! they had signs written all over our place, but this time it was worse. I had figured out who one of their group members were, and got on his good side. They said they were a group of hackers. They often used glitches to sabotage other player's bases. I was disappointed to find out about when I asked who their leader was, he said that they always changed the leader, and the main one had like 5 alt accounts or something like that, he slowly stopped trusting me and backed off. (I think he found out I was one of their raiding-victims, and didn't want him and his buddies to get caught.) I was slightly enraged. There was several other accounts of things like this ( and not just by the swastika group) that I would love to go on about, but this rant is already very long --- (I've spent like 2 hours perfecting it, and making sure it doesn't seem too offensive.) Anyways.. I wanted to end with this note...

Let me just say this... Mineverse has shaped me in some of the best - and some of the worst ways. Some would say I should just quit the server if I write rants like this, but honestly I just want to help it. I want to (as creepy as this sounds) also, (BTW I'm using a cat's fur analogy) smooth out it's matted hair and let it flow smoothly. ( BTW I'm not implying that I want moderator - I already know I don't qualify for mod). I just tried to be nice and help others.... And all I got in return mostly was hate. I have heard things that honestly made me want to leave. And for some amount of time I was that hater, I was that person who went overly-crazy over trying to protect the people who first treated me like human, only to realize in the process of protecting them... I wasn't only hurting others,bot treating them like humans, or damaging the server's reputation ever so slightly, I was hurting myself..... And to come to that realization after my laughter had died down on account of me rolling off the couch I came to reasoning that there isn't a lot they can do about the community that they haven't already tried to fix, and my helping helps sometimes, but I learned I can protect my friends, with the already pretty decent reporting system... And I no longer damage myself or others. I now help myself and others. I happen to have gained IMMENSE people-skills from sitting on a laptop/computer/phone with mine-chat for what I have calculated in total to be around .9 months time in game-playing total over the course of 2-3 years of playing on mineverse.. I just wanted to rant about the bad-side of the community, and also the good. There are some amazing-people on mineverse, but the sad part is there are also more not so nice-people on mineverse.... and I would love it if they would change the description to something a tiny bit more realistic. Thank you so so so much for reading this... if you did read the whole thing.... I imagine that some of you once you saw how much I wrote wanted to not read it but were curious.... Thanks for not giving up on me <3. Please don't comment rude or hateful things about what I said, I modified it to make it much more appealing, and non-offensive, and I worked a really long time on it. So don't hate it, appreciate it. :) BTW I didn't make that saying up. xD

2. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

Sorry if receiving rape-threats and getting offended is apparently considered "feminism" now?

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    3. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

Ok so I'm not going to fight with you about this, but posting stuff on my threads like this really isn't nice. And being "triggered" the way you use it and almost every one uses it pretty wrong. It means usually when someone is put into a mental state from an action or thing said by someone or something, yes this is partially true the way you used it, but I think I shouldn't be judged for getting a little angry when receiving a threat. And even so I'm not "Triggered" It is COMPLETELY unacceptable for someone to send me something like that, even if it is online. People still having feelings over the internet. If you have something mean to say to me don't post it on my threads message it to me. And please don't post hurtful things on my profile page that I dont deserve.

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    4. Swegster_bry

Swegster_bry Active Member

This made my day [emoji23][emoji23] you should write stories. If you ever need someone to play with my ign is swegster_bry [emoji13]

5. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

I think this thread is off-topic for even the Off-topic thread

6. Swegster_bry

It's still pretty entertaining

7. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

Ehh, not too off-topic for the rant section :>

8. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

True.

9. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

Thank you so much! :D I'm not really good at literature, unless it's writing poems.

• Like Like x 1
    10. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

my only memory of u is stealing your kills in kitpvp from the top of the flag tower.

11. Swegster_bry

Seem pretty good to me !

Sent using Tapatalk

12. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

Lol yeah I get aggressive on the tower. My Tower! >.<

13. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

14. Ertuiop

Ertuiop Well-Known Member

I understand why you are making this rant, the swearing and disrespect on this server has got out of hand.
      In the last months, I have seen extreme disrespect and very immature speeches, with reports resulting in only 30 minutes mutes, warnings or even "lack of evidence". I have seen way worse in other players's reports, the punishement were only warnings and temporary bans, these offenses deserved much bigger punishment. I believe the rules should be reinforced and that the server shouldn't be mentioned as "family-friendly" anymore. I know the staff is doing what they can, this is the (toxic part of) the community's fault.

15. sitzoum

sitzoum Experienced Member

I read the first 10 words and I am triggered.
      Jk. You speak the truth.

16. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

i agree... its sad that people are so mean sometimes on mineverse.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    17. POWER_RANGER

POWER_RANGER Active Member

Yeah creative chat is pretty bad xD but I've met a ton of cool people there. The main problem I believe is mineverse's punishment system which doesn't scale up a mute after multiple offenses... Currently a 2 hour mute means nothing as 1. Most people don't find it worth reporting someone for such a short punishment & 2. Since it doesn't scale up the reported player doesn't learn a lesson at all. Well there's my mini rant for ya :P

18. zoestar6

zoestar6 Active Member

Yeah it's annoying when so many people swear on creative, but you're right, there is still some good. ~.~

19. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

What exactly is the point of this?

20. V3rmillion

V3rmillion Active Member

Hitlers dead not to mention that every Nazi in the world should hate him for failing to realise their dreams.