x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Skyblock Selling Starter Items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xX_IDK_Xx, Nov 28, 2016.

1. xX_IDK_Xx

xX_IDK_Xx Experienced Member

TL;DR
      Allow trading/selling of starter items after reaching, and while maintaining a specific Island Level+, as the island owner. (Added: Limit the number of islands a player can create.)
      http://www.mineverse.com/threads/mineverse-official-rules-indepth.108261/ (Page #2; 3rd rule from top)

-----------------
      Problem

Currently, selling starter items on Skyblock is illegal due to Island Farmers.
      (Island Farmer: Someone who creates new islands repeatedly to sell starter items, such as Dirt.)

Solution

Rather than banning the trade of starter items altogether, I suggest requiring players to obtain a certain Island Level, as the owner of the island, to be able to trade starter items legally.

Suggested Level: Chosen by Staff. Feel free to suggest a level in the comments~

Reasoning

By the time a player owns an island that meets the requirement to sell starter items, their island should have taken enough time and effort in expansion that the player is not likely to farm starter items by erasing the progress of their current island. Even if they did, at that point, they'd lose more than they'd gain.

Addressing Possible Issues

- Fairness: Higher level players would have the financial benefits that lower level players need to catch up.

Allowing higher level players to sell starter items would help them financially, however, it would also help lower level players obtain starter items faster if they are sold in player stores as well. Aside from that, this idea is similar to 'Prestige' on Infection; it is a perk that is unlocked when a player achieves a certain level.

- Enforcement: Checking the levels of every player, when player levels fluctuate, is too hard to implement.

Player levels do fluctuate, so it's the player's responsibility to make sure they don't sell starter items if they aren't the proper level. If they do, and they are caught, they are liable to the consequences like everyone else; this aspect of Skyblock does not change. The only real difference in rule enforcement is that moderators may need to see a player's level before acting; if a player refuses to comply, the moderator can then assume their level, having no other choice in order to enforce the rules.
      (I suggest giving moderators the ability to check player's island levels.)

- Evasion: Players will evade the rules and may not be caught if they do.

While similar to 'Enforcement', I will address this issue individually... Currently, there are players that get away without being caught for selling starter items. It's similar to hacking; there are rules set to stop hackers, but there will always be people that still hack. By implementing this suggestion, there will still be a problem, however, it will be less of a problem overall. This is because this suggestion at least provides players with a way to trade starter items legally. This will encourage players to reach the required island level to trade rather than risking the consequences of trading starter items by farming islands. It will also encourage players to play Skyblock more to unlock this 'perk'.

Note: The reason I specified that the player must own the island is so one player can't farm, then coop with another player to sell... legally.

- Using Alts to Farm: This is already a large problem, and would become even more so if this suggestion was implemented.

In response to these concerns, I suggest adding a limit to the number of islands that a player can create. This will make it so even if a few players do get away with Island Farming, they can't damage the economy and profit from it to a concerning extent.

Specific limit suggested by @Cartilage : Total of 5 islands per player.

- Any issues not listed, just comment below~

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
    2. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

People use alts then take the island farmed stuff from the alt's island - making it so the person with the higher level island is already the one selling the illegal items. This wouldn't help anything.

3. xX_IDK_Xx

Perhaps limiting the number of new islands a player can make within a span of time...
      such as 3 islands per week. or 5 per 2 weeks. The player can be given a notification via chat that tells them how many islands they have left that they can make. This way, even if people do this, which is likely already a problem, it can be limited. Also, if caught, the player and alt will face the consequences.

Edit: I don't have a suggestion that can fix all the problems, but I think this can at least limit those problems to be equal to or less than the current Skyblock.

4. fireplaces

fireplaces Experienced Member

I do not support this this does not seem like a good idea. They could have it so that you can only have a limit on the amount of islands you can change ever because, I played this one server that did that they had an island limit so that you couldn't keep selling the starter island items. They should add this i.e. we can use a limit of 5 islands so that it is much easier. Also, when they are catching the players they should do a better job of watching them so that if they have alts doing it, we can realize it more clearly and to cite that it is there alt. Both players should face a consequence of a month ban like any other. The alt, and the player's main account should be banned to avoid further stuff from happening.

5. xX_IDK_Xx

If adding an island limit of 5 total was added, would you support this idea?

6. fireplaces

Yes, I probably would support this idea overall this was a very good idea.

7. xX_IDK_Xx

I edited it.
      Thank you for your input :)
      Thank you for your input as well :)

8. fireplaces

You're welcome for the input :D

9. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Support :)

10. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Support.
      Would be a good idea to be implemented.

11. xX_IDK_Xx

Bump [1]

Questions, critique, and general feedback is always welcome! Thanks for reading~

12. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

13. WinterWaffles

WinterWaffles Experienced Member

Support - If there were a set number of islands per week/few days I suppose that would help and I think that dirt should be allowed to be sold (it's skyblock after all :D)
      - One thing to be wary of is the people who have armies of alts xd

14. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Support :)

15. Villagers In A Minecart

Villagers In A Minecart Active Member

16. xX_IDK_Xx

Is there a specific reason that you don't support this? If so, please elaborate.

17. Villagers In A Minecart

Villagers In A Minecart Active Member

Well starter items are junk they are worth $0.00000000000000000000000000001

18. xX_IDK_Xx

Starter items are actually fairly expensive. For example, Lava, buckets, dirt... and their worth only increases for newer players who are just starting their islands. As for older players, their worth is in mass quantities for things like farm expansions. Currently, selling these items is 'Illegal' on Skyblock since Island farming them can damage the player economy. That's why I'm suggesting that island restarts should be limited and starter items should then be 'legal' for trade/sales. I know it's possible to obtain these items in the /shop and some in the /ma j , but not everyone wants to constantly farm the /ma j , and many people would like cheaper options for obtaining key items on Skyblock.

If your only reason for not supporting this suggestion is the worth of starter items, I ask you to please reconsider :)

19. ItsSniiper

ItsSniiper Boss Member

Support!

20. Ertuiop

Ertuiop Well-Known Member

Support