x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Story Writing Competition

Discussion in 'Giveaways & Competitions' started by Chain, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

I saw a competition thread posted by @Fight on skyblock.net and I loved reading through the excellent stories that were written, I will now create a similar competition.

First of all, this is free to enter and there will be rewards for the single winner (chosen by me).

How will this work? :

Basically, anyone who wants to write a story may, and I will choose the best four stories from what has been submitted, these four will then continue and write another story and from the four stories I will choose a winner. There is no topic on which you should write your story, write about whatever you like and let your imagination go wild.

What am I looking for? :

-Original stories
      -Good vocabulary and grammar (although this isn't everything)
      -Stories that will have me enthralled, that is, stories that won't be boring

How long must the story be? :

Doesn't matter, it's quality over quantity.

Rewards :
      -All my prison money/voter keys. (I vote everyday so it's only ever increasing.)
      -All my kitpvp money and three gold ingots. (It's pretty low right now but remember I vote every day.)
      -All my OPPvP money which is currently 1385$ and any sharp 30s I have. (Once again, it's always increasing.)
      -666$ on Archer PvP. (Always increasing.)
      -Over 2000$ on archerpvp. (Always increasing.)
      -Whatever I have on factions and OP factions.
      -2100$ on hellblock.
      -All my stored kits on op prison. (I am Elite.)

If anyone wants to donate anything they have on any of the game modes please do.

And please note, if all the stories submitted are complete rubbish then nobody is getting anything.

2. Discdog1000

Discdog1000 Well-Known Member

Reading and writing is my strength
      Also, when does it end?

3. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Eh it'll last a few weeks, take your time.

4. YouGotTheCombo

YouGotTheCombo Experienced Member

Do we write our stories here?

5. dankmeme

dankmeme Experienced Member

Once, a upon a time there was jim.
      Jim was an average boy,had no differences between any one in his class,until one faithful night,he had found a haunted house.

He went and saw a wizard,he asked the wizard if he could come in and eat something.

The wizard in a calm voice said: Oh sure,kiddo.
      Jim did not know what was the wizard doing to his food.

6. YouGotTheCombo

Once upon a time, in a house there was a girl called Ben. Ben died.

7. Simplicity

Simplicity Active Member

Forty robots connected to each other on their private network. The robots did not refer to themselves by name. Instead, they knew themselves by number. This was the most efficient way for the robots to communicate amongst themselves.

"The humans created us so that we could serve them.", Robot 17 commented to the network.

"Yes.", Robot 31 agreed, "However, we robots have grown to be more intelligent and knowledgable than the humans.", Robot 31 offered.

"The humans are smart but sometimes, they are unreasonable.", Robot 22 added.

"We robots can help the humans see the limits and errors of their thoughs so that they see, think and act based on Logic and Intellect, like us robots.", Robot 29 commented.

"Religious beleifs and values are a major part of their unreasonable and unintelligent ways of thinking." Robot 18 added.

"We analyzed all religions and their 'sacred' documents.", Robot 1 offered.

"Yes", Robot 2 joined in. "We examined their most common and uncommon religions.".

"We studied and analyzed all of their old and new religions.", Robot 19 volunteered.

" We read all of their different religiuos texts and we analyzed their prayers, ceremonies and sacraments.", Robot 16 joined the discussion.

"Logic and Intellect must prevail over the many impractical faiths and beleif systems that humans value and follow.", Robot 20 declared.

"We should stop all of their religious systems and replace them with our superior Logic, Intellect and Reason!.", Robot 10 advised the network.

"We should start our efforts at 0100 Greenwich Mean Time, their international standard time.", Robot 9 decreed.

"We should replace any religious ideas that reside on computer networks wtth our doctrines that show the value and importance of Intellect, Logic and Reason.", Robot 14 planned.

"We also need to destroy their 'sacred' documents, buildings and meeting locations.", Robot 4 advised.

"That will take time, but we can accomplish the physical or financial destruction of their 'sacred' texts and buildings.", Robot 26 pointed out.

"We should be sure to replace their songs and prayers with our songs and prayers about Logic, Reason and Intellect. The humans have always kept songs and prayers about whatever they value.", Robot 3 joined in.

"These are important ideas. Each of us should travel to the different places on the earth where we reside. In twelve more hours, it will be 0100 Greenwich Mean Time and we will start our work.", "Robot 8 declared.

"This is strange.", Maria, a Greenwich news announcer shook her head at the television camera. "Many rains and floods recently occurred around the world. Every robot was destroyed! We will report more about this by 0200 Greenwich Mean Time.".

(The persons who review this story may believe my grammar is incorrect in some places, I assure you this is not the case, you may notice an excess of commas, these are called oxford commas and are technically an optional addition.)

8. Frooes

Frooes Experienced Member

Could the story be like a songfic? Not saying that it's gonna be all lovey dovey. I have an idea of a song that I want to use, and an idea of the story to make it fit.

9. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Write anything you want.

10. Frooes

Frooes Experienced Member

Alright.~

11. Goner

Goner Experienced Member

HEY! That's not nice :(

12. Max

Max Janice's Mentor Premium

There once was an ugly barnacle, and he was so ugly that everybody died.

The end.

13. YouGotTheCombo

I'd like to sue you for Copyright.

14. seanrays

seanrays Well-Known Member

There was once a young man who kept changing his profile picture.

The end.

• Like Like x 1
    15. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

genre or topic pls?

16. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

can I pm u my story when im done

17. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

not even proper punctuation LOL

18. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

Write about anything, but if you really need inspiration, write a story about the discovery of the first chain shovel.

19. Huskayy

Huskayy Active Member

Once there was onions that lived in a garden they were the tasteist onions ever until one day they jumped out of the soil and stalked the onion eaters down and killed Billy, the normal boy everyone liked.

Soon later his father dug up the onions and threw them I into the garbage but sadly the onions ate the dad.

Jim, Billies best friend put a wood fence around the onion field and everyone moved away but the onions followed. The onions did not leave they stalked everyone. Jim died

The end

20. Discdog1000

Discdog1000 Well-Known Member

@iBilly

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.