x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • EUR SynysterGates/MrPronounce's Moderator Re-Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Kyaaaal, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

Up to date as of the 25th of September, 2016.

Preface: (Up to date)

So, here I am again. Re-applying for the position. From when I was moderator, until now, I've done a lot of questionable things, for sure. I've even managed to get myself banned for a whole month, which I will tell you the reasons behind under the correct heading.

Now, why am I re-applying? Basically, I believe I can handle the position again. Sure, I've done bad recently, which most will be aware of. I've not been my old self, and I couldn't agree with you more. That's exactly how I feel and inevitably why I am attempting to go back to my old self or as I like to call it, my better self. I'm sure people will agree that the old me was the better me. I'm not expecting to gain a supporting straight off the bat. I'm going to work for it. Help around as much as I possibly can, which is one of the reasons I made up the decision to re-apply. While helping in-game, I received a message from a current moderator saying that I should apply again, which got me thinking - and I made up my mind.

How old are you? (Up to date)
      I am currently 16 years old and will be turning 17 on the 27th of October.

Your in-game name: (Up to date)

I was previously known under the username of "MrPronounce", but unfortunately I have lost access to that account.
      I am now going by the name of "SynysterGates".
      If wondering, I can also assure you that I have secured this newer account a lot more than my previous one, so I won't have problems with losing it again.

What timezone are you in?
      I am within the GMT/UTC+00:00 time-zone. We are however currently within the BST time-zone, which basically means we are 1 hour ahead than usual. - GMT+1

What country do you live in?

I live in the United Kingdom.

What languages do you speak?

I only speak English.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?

Yes, I do. For screenshots I simply use the function in game, or if I need to, I will use gyazo (A well-known screen capturing software). For recording my screen, however, I am currently using the built-in function that comes with Windows 10. - I am currently using Bandicam as it is seeming to be my recent go-to software.

Why do you think you should become a mod? (Up to date)

I feel as if I should become a mod for the simple fact that I want to help out here. Before I was demoted, I enjoyed moderating so much. I enjoyed helping out this community. People avoid this because they feel the community is a toxic environment. I feel like I can sort this out. I'm also fairly aware of the inactivity within the team, which I did state a lot when I was moderating, as I also did defend it a lot, too. I know, as human beings we couldn't be on 24/7, that just an unrealistic way of thinking. I also know that I cannot moderate 24/7 also.

Some of my traits include (Taken from my previous application):

Helpful
      Day in and day out of the server, you will find a lot of people asking for help and asking questions in general. I am one of those people who will attempt to assist said person, as long as I know that what I am saying is actually usual for their needs. I also carry this trait into real life situations, such as school. When a teacher, or a fellow pupil asks me for help, be it to do with the subject at hand or not, I will most likely try and help them out.

Active
      I am a very active player in-game as I can be on till the early hours of the morning, I will also state below an estimated time at which I can be playing Mineverse. I would also like to think that I am a very active user of the forums now, as I am on here every single day. Messaging, replying and helping people.

Dedicated
      I feel that I am a dedicated player within this server. It is basically the only server I play on. I would class myself as dedicated, because I put many hours into this server, I make many friends on here too. When I first joined this server, I got hooked. I just wanted to continuously play it. Now, nearly a year later, I am still here and hoping to still be here for a very long time.

Hard-Working
      I like to think of myself as a hard-working person, be it on here, or in real life. Even though I currently do not have a "proper" job, I am still a hard-working individual. I can show this through the servers that I play on Mineverse. For example, the Parkour server. I am completed on there, and have been for a very long time and I want to say that I have completed it the most times out of anybody on the server. When I say this, I mean resetting myself to level 2 (The lowest I can reset to) and then working my way up to completed again. In real life matters though, at the start of high school, I know I messed up a lot, as it is showing on me now. Peer pressure got to me in class, most of my friends would misbehave, which left me feeling out of the group, so I decided to copy their behaviour. I now know that was the wrong choice and after having a lot of detentions and letters home, I have realised that I need to buckle up and work harder.

Mature
      Maturity takes its toll with everybody, some mature faster than others. I always try to be mature when around people, even though at times I don't succeed with this...I'll now take this to an internet perspective. I am mature with my writing skills, be it talking to friends, or talking on the server. I will always try to type with perfect spelling and grammar and have done so for a very long time. It helps people understand you more and that makes it a good trait for being a mod - Helping people to understand what you are saying. I guess I can be immature at times, just like the rest of us, I do swear a lot in real life. I try to cut it down a lot while in game, to a standard that I barely use a cuss word at all.

Extra: All I can do is apologise for my recent actions here on the forums. I don't really have an excuse for it, though I have definitely grown and even within this short period of time, matured.

Friendly
      I have been told a few times that I am a friendly/kind person to play with, or even just to talk to. I won't say bad things about people, unless I say them jokingly towards a friend, but that is what friends do...Or, at least my friends. I try not to be rude, unless I am in a proper mood, or just feeling really upset, which I was feeling a few weeks back (Mid March-End of March) Due to a family matter which I will only share with friends. I have overcome that feeling of sadness though, and I am not back to my original state of mind.

Extra: Though, the reason behind my latest ban could never be classified as friendly, all in all, I am a friendly person.

Time-zone
      I am not aware of many mods that are located within the UK time-zone (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Since I am located within this time-zone, I can also fulfil the time-zones of the more active countries, such as United States of America and Australia. I think this would be a key thing for me to be able to do as a moderator and being active at around the same time.

Extra: I'm quite happy now that there have been promotions that have brought in some new EU based moderators.

Aware of the Rules
      I will always try my hardest to follow the rules, even if I don't agree with some. I have read through the Mineverse rules a few times now, just as a reminder for me to look out for them more. Since knowing these rules, I have managed to report a fair amount of hackers I have witnessed. I can detect hacking in most situations, especially within the servers that I have chosen, which are usually Fly, AntiFall, Kill Aura and AntiKnockback.

How long can you be active on the server everyday? (Up to date)

On Weekdays: Around 3 hours, but can be more.
      On Weekends: Around 5 hours, but again, can be more.

*On Saturdays, I work from 9am til 3-5pm depending how busy it is. This may alter my activity both in-game and forums, however, after work I will make up the time.*

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I started playing on the server at the end of July, 2014.
      I joined the forums later that year in September, 2014.

Have you ever been banned in the past?

I have been banned a few times. Some of my bans include of:
      Once for requesting to be banned.
      Once, but it was a false ban.
      Once for crashing the creative server, which gained me a permanent ban, in which I appealed for and it was accepted 2 weeks later.
      I was banned on the 28th of February 2016 for glitch abuse on Skywars. I used epearls in the lobby, which I thought was no longer worthy of a ban, such as using tnt is.

Recent Forums ban: (Up to date)
      If you aren't aware of my recent ban, basically I got banned for death threats.

Basically, I left a message on a moderator's profile that basically implied that I thought they should kill themselves. All I can say about this is that I don't actually wish death upon them, or anyone for that matter. I've given my apologies for doing so and we've kind of worked things out.

When I say I never meant what I said, this was my way of getting banned purposely in order to take a break from the forums. I was away for a whole month, with zero forums activity and honestly, it was great. It actually helped me more so than I expected. I re-evaluated things and got my head straight and a lot has changed, but I won't get into them specifically. I'd just say that I'm more so a better person (Some won't agree, but it's true).

My Demotion (Up to date)
      Okay. So, all of you (There are some exceptions) thought I was demoted. In-fact, that isn't true. I needed people to think I was demoted for safety purposes. I actually resigned to keep myself out of trouble. I was threatened, my account was asked for to be used to gather information all in return for immunity from being hacked. I've now come to realise fully. This was a bad move on my behalf. I've learned more of these people. I done this out of safety, I should have just ignored them as my replying was the worst thing I could've done. They would've just went away after a few days or so, but I took the easy way out. I've talked to the head-mods about it all. They are highly aware as to why this has happened and completely understand.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I currently only have experience in moderating for this server. Which, I personally feel I done a good job at, as I have been told on many occasions that I was good at what I did.

Extra (Up to date)

I also want to put a kind of apologetic note here. You've maybe met me in game over the past couple of weeks. Noticed maybe something different about me and the way I act? Well, I don't blame you for that. I know I've been acting differently. I'm sorry about it. I've now went back to my old ways, back to how I was when I was a moderator here. Hopefully some will forgive me, but I understand if you can't.

Above is my apology. I know I opened my app previously and had this here. Yet, I never stood by it. I messed up again. So, I'm putting this little section in here basically to say that I will be better and I will be, or try to be like I was when I was a moderator for this server at the end of last year. That is my current goal.

My goal is still in place as I definitely need to work on gaining back the previous trust I once had, so that will be my main goal as of now.

Support: 160
      Neutral: 3
      No-Support: 6

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    2. babyboynitro

babyboynitro Experienced Member

1st Support, I think you should add more detail, under the "Why do you think you should become mod" and traits like your previous moderator application.

3. Snowy

Snowy Experienced Member

I also get this problem as I am around the same time zone there are a low amount of mods on when I am on. One question: why was you demoted before? Also add more to the why do you think you should become a mod section as new people like me have seen your last mod application before. I frequently see you in game and you are constantly online in forums, so...
      SUPPORT

4. Smiley

Smiley Legendary Member

Support.

5. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I guess I can apply my traits, I could just link my old application, though. I'll think about it.

I'll edit it my the reason for my demotion shortly.

Thank you :)
      Sure thing, I can write a bit about my traits.~

Thanks for the support.
      Anything you think I could work on?

6. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

Just telling you what I'm thinking, others many think this as well, I'm not sure. But I find that it is a bit too early for you to be re-applying. You were demoted not too long ago. Just my thought.

Also, you might want to put in the reason or a hint to why you were demoted. Then explain how you will prevent it from happening again.

I would like to support you, but like I said, a bit too early for me.

Good luck though. :)

7. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

I think you're a good person but I think it's a little too soon to be re-applying

8. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

I still cannot believe you were demoted, and cannot seem to find anyone who has an idea as to why a great mod was demoted ;(

I support you, no matter what you did, everyone deserves a second chance. In the time I have known you, you have been an amazing Moderator, and one of my go-to Mods when I needed help.
      So, again.. full support.

9. Benko

Benko Boss Member

Support

10. GenyS

GenyS Guest

Not even going to read this... Support.

11. Exstatisfy

Exstatisfy Boss Member

Support. You were a good moderator and would still make a great addition to the team. But just make sure you stay active ;) Other than that I give you my full support. Good luck! :D

12. YRVintage

YRVintage Guest

inactivity. his laptop broke and his new one did not come in time.

Support. HOW IS IT IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO SUPPORT

13. Akn

Akn Experienced Member

How were you demoted? I also believe it's way to soon for you to be reapplying. For now I'm going to say no support.

14. TADS

TADS Guest

I've deleted all the off-topic comments.
      Please only post things related to his application.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    15. Rodeen

Rodeen Boss Member

Support

16. bare

bare Well-Known Member

Support , good luck!

17. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I understand it's quite early, since my demotion, but I felt the urge to apply again.
      Thank you all, for supporting and telling me what to do better.

With my demotion, I'll be adding it onto the application shortly. To those who say be more active. I'm honestly on for hours everyday, but I'm guessing you meant about a week ago. Technical difficulties stopped me from being active. My laptop broke, I had no way of getting online in-game, so could only check the forums briefly on my phone, which I'm honestly not a fan of. I now have a new laptop, so activity should remain as it was before-hand. Also, I wasn't demoted for inactivity, as I have a perfectly reasonable excuse for not managing to get in-game.

18. TADS

TADS Guest

Probably going to get some hate for this.

No support. This doesn't seem like Kyle at all. You're applying too soon to be him.

If you are Kyle, what was the last thing you sent me on kik?

19. babyboynitro

babyboynitro Experienced Member

O;

20. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I copied the traits from my previous one.
      Fully understandable. I can assure you that I am 100% who I say I am. "There isn't any valid evidence".
      I know this is early days yet, since being demoted only a few days ago. I still felt like making an application. I want to help the server.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.