x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • The obligatory "why I left" thread

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Dyna_Mighty, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Dyna_Mighty

Dyna_Mighty Retired Head-Mod

I want first start by saying that I absolutely was not going to be one that left a thread. But there is something that needs to be said that won't fit in a 140 characters status update. Many think that I left because of what happened last week. This is actually false. I came back yesterday morning, completely ready to immerse myself back into my work here. Unfortunately that didn't last long. I was at a point where I was not willing to allow things to get swept under the rug anymore and had to stand up for principle. It didn't go well and here we are. I am absolutely heartbroken over the whole situation. I honestly don't know what to do with myself. Mineverse has been such a huge part of my life for a long time. I put my heart and soul into this place and it feels like they have both been ripped from my chest. There's a whole lot more that can be said but I think I'll just leave it at this for now.

My request is that you guys, the Mineverse community as a whole, stand behind the staff team. It is the most thankless job that this place has and yet they still work tirelessly to make Mineverse better. To my cubs (for those that don't know, that's what I call the team), Momma Bear may not be standing beside you anymore, but I will always stand behind you.

• Like Like x 35
    2. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

so tl;dr cypriot had a cry?

3. Wolfie

Wolfie Boss Member

Thank you for your service. :(

4. Random

Random Legendary Member Premium

Thank you so much for everything you did here. No words can express how thankful I am, how thankful the community is. You were such a big part of this team and community, and you will be very missed. Thank you for always being there for us Dyna. We love you so much! Your leaving is probably the saddest I have been about a staff member leaving. I am so glad I got to know you over those 7 months we worked together, I just wish it would have been more. Please stay in touch <3

5. Pink

Pink Well-Known Member

Nooo :( Dyna D: I wish I got to know you more, but thats too late now :(

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    6. Mattochondria

Mattochondria Experienced Member

While I wasn't around much while you were staff, I'd like to thank you for all the time and effort you put into this server. From what I saw, you were an excellent head of staff and Cypriot is losing a truly dedicated and hard working staff member. And I agree completely with you, the community needs to be supporting the staff. When I was on the staff team it seemed like everyone was always waiting for you to make the smallest mistake so they could go report you and get you demoted. I hope things have changed since then but if they haven't, they need to change now. Being staff is way harder than most of the community thinks it is and while the staff might make mistakes sometimes, everyone needs to remember they are only human and cut them some slack.

• Like Like x 2
    7. kinsey_kid

kinsey_kid Developer Developer Premium

Thank you so much dyna :(

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    8. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

So many people are going to miss you Dyna, especially the staff team you helped mold and shape. We wouldn't be where we are today without your help, guidance and assistance.

Thank you for all the time and work you put into this server and staff team, it will not be forgotten.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Maxine

Maxine Well-Known Member

Thank you for your incredible service. I don't think this retirement will ever be able to be forgotten about, neither can a wonderful and joyous person like you be replaced. When I first joined, the first person I remember was you. You seemed so kind and happy all the time, so my brain registered you as 'go to if you need help or advice' and I really think my first thoughts were right. It's going to be strange not thinking 'Oh, Dyna's online' when I come on Mineverse, and there will be a void of emptiness everywhere without you as a member of staff. Thank you for helping to make everything great and making the community happy. Thank you so much Dyna. You will be missed :(

10. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

We had a lot of problems, but I admired and respected you. Thank you for your service. You won't be forgotten.

11. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

Thak you!!

12. Linux

Linux Boss Member

[​IMG]

Thanks for the hard work you put into Mineverse. Sad that you have to go. :(

13. Grayson

Grayson Well-Known Member

no idea wht the "situation" was

even tho i gave u crap (i do w everyone) i still thought u got stuff done

thank for service,
      wished i got to talk to u more !!

14. Greg

Greg Experienced Member

Uhh the only decent Cubs around here are the Chicago Cubs..

Anyway..Bye :(

15. Kenju

Kenju Experienced Member

I've never been so upset to have someone leave the team before now. Idek what to say...

16. Syndicade

Syndicade Boss Member

I've honestly never encountered anyone willing to work so earnestly without expecting anything in return. It's quite honorable, despite this just being a game.

While staffing on Minecraft servers isn't a "true job" - many such people, both young and older, treat it like one, and put forth great effort into a community centered around a simplistic video game. You were one of these dedicated, hard working people, who held such a game community to heart.

While I personally do not care much of Mineverse anymore - I can tell you did a ton, and I respect and thank you for committing yourself so much to something you care of. Best of luck in life to you! :)

17. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

;( Really sad to see you go from the team. Good luck in life.

18. mattenphew

mattenphew Head Moderator Head Moderator Media Team Leader Competition Team Premium

For the 2 months we worked together for, I can honestly say you were an amazing staff manager!

Really sad to see you go Dyna! :(

19. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Love you :'(

20. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

Thank you so much dyna :(