x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • You're Allowed To Appeal Valid Temp Bans?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mega_, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Alrighty, I've seen it happen again. Another rule breaker breaking rules as they do. But wait! They are unbanned after 10 minutes! What is the point of having rules and punishments if they are not enforced? Just because you're friends with a mod who is online at the time makes breaking the okay now? I've seen this happening quite a few times during my time on this server, it's just ridiculous. Why are people allowed to appeal when cyp himself said that you cannot appeal temp bans unless they are invalid, so why do they get accepted? It isn't a false ban but yet they get unbanned? Is it becuse they're friends with mods or have a title higher than "Active Member"?

Here is a quote from cyp in the ban appeals section
      "Please understand you may not appeal temporary bans unless they are invalid. Abusing this exception will result in a possible infraction."

So why is it that people who break the rules, no matter what the rule is, be allowed to get away with it? This isn't to get mods hate, it's to find out why valid temp bans are being allowed to appeal? This is a question not "rant", so mods don't move it or close it.

2. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

@Linux didn't know that I changed my faction name within a minute, that's why I was unbanned. Please do not get salty about this.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

So you're saying that you are allowed to break the rules as long as it doesn't last for more than a minute? So if someone went on a server and started bhopping and using killaura, it's okay as long as they don't do it for more than a minute. People get banned for racism and discrimination, they only take a few seconds to type. It's still a rule, you shouldn't be allowed to break them and get away with it.

No matter how long it lasted it was a VALID BAN and so your ban appeal SHOULD NOT have been accepted.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Linux

Linux Boss Member

You may appeal bans if you feel they are invalid, however if it is proven valid they will remain banned. For this ban it happened to be a misunderstanding as UncleUrnesto said.

5. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

So you're saying someone typing "/f create oscarsuckmydick" then talking in chat for everyone to see is just a misunderstanding?

6. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

Let's look at my report against you shall we? I reported you for hacking, you appealed didn't you? You had a recording of your screen but not the part you had anti knockback and you were unbanned.

7. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

My ban was PROVEN to be invalid. I'm not going to argue with you so don't turn this into a flame war. I have talked about my ban ingame, no need to go over it on here too, several mods participated in my ban appeal, not just the mod who banned me.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    8. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

Wasn't really proven, you didn't record the start so you could still be banned.

9. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Wow. So informing the playerbase of mineverse that they are allowed to appeal their valid bans is now classed as "Off-Topic" and a "Rant".

EDIT: Thanks for moving it back.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    10. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

I'm not ranting, I am informing the playerbase to something that affects pretty much everyone who is banned on the server. If people didn't want to be banned then they shouldn't be breaking the rules. People are getting unbanned because their VALID bans are being accepted, not because it is "silly". Telling someone to get beat up isn't a nice thing to say. Also you do realise you're calling me a "snitch" while the majority of UncleUrensto's post count is reports.

11. UncleUrnesto

UncleUrnesto Boss Member

You realize I report hackers and upload videos while you just take a screenshot lmao. Invalid point to call me a snitch.

12. proj

proj Experienced Member

@Mega_ seems like a nerd if he reports people for swearing

13. Valor

Valor Well-Known Member

Get over it lol. It's one unban, this normally doesn't happen.

14. Dyna_Mighty

Dyna_Mighty Retired Head-Mod

To answer your question, there was heavy discussion about this particular case. For inappropriately named things, we give players the chance to change it if they are online. A moderator told him to change it, and he did. Meanwhile, the report came in and another moderator handled it. They overlapped and didn't know it. Once it was realized that it was already handled, he was unbanned.

15. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

So why doesn't it say that on the rules page? This isn't exactly a "fair" thing to do. You have a chance to not get banned if you're online but if you log off a second before the mod logs on you get a 7day ban. The exact same rule is broken but one person gets a more server punishment than the other user.

16. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Well-Known Member

Lol let it go they aren't going to do anything

17. wolfpawwolfy

wolfpawwolfy Active Member

if its only a temp ban and there's a place where you can view the rules then they should not be aloud to write an appeal it would take time away from the staff when they could be doing more important work.

18. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

You can't appeal if you are banned for some time. You can appeal if you are perm banned :)

19. TheChosenfreak

TheChosenfreak Active Member

appeals for temp bans arent even worth it, unless its for like a month, which then it might be, and over a valid ban (theres no meaning to that without proof and proof is like impossible), so they might be worth it because a month seems like a perma ban for some people

20. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

I have seen people appealing for their bans which are years ago. Back then, they were perm banned at some point, I believe. And the Mods have already gotten demoted/resigned, so thus their appeals usually get accepted if they show true remorse and some questions are asked.