x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Inactive ★ ♥ Swift's Moderator Reapplication ♥ ★

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Swift, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Simons4u

Simons4u Well-Known Member

Support! No question about it you have been extremely active, and you have been reporting those hackers left and right. Keep it up!

2. Swift

Swift Boss Member

I'm not going to argue with you on if the player(s) that I have reported are really hacking or legitimate. If he actually feels like he's not hacking then appeal it's not that hard. That's what I had to do when I got falsely banned. I'm reporting what I feel necessary and so far only one of my reports has been marked as lack of evidence since I got back into doing reports it's not fault if none of the other ones have. I only record ranked users if I have a strong feeling because I feel like most of the time they're not hacking because they actually spent money on the server. If it was so clear then the mod who took care of the report should of been able to see it. Hopefully if your friend is truly legitimate then it can be worked out.
      As I think of it, you can't know if anyone is truly legitimate besides yourself (unless you yourself are hacking then this doesn't apply to you) so if something looks suspicious then I think to report it and let the staff team decide. I try to be careful when reporting unless I actually see something like possible hacks and I try to make sure it's not lag but if I can't tell then I ask the staff to give me their opinion. I'm sorry if I reported someone you thought didn't hack but nothing is set in stone in my opinion.

I'm usually on in the morning for EDT time like early morning most of the time at least if not then it's probably more around night. It seems I'm more likely on during EU hours than actual US hours. Hopefully that helps if you're trying to find me (usually on OP PvP & Skyblock).

I'm not going to try and justify the reasoning for this.

Thank you all for your support <3 I am glad you think I can do it once again. I hope I can earn the title with hard work and dedication to make up for how early I left last time.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    3. ATruePitato

ATruePitato Active Member

fat support

4. Vincent~

Vincent~ Experienced Member

Ooh ok that would explain a lot. I’m barely on in the morning because I try to sleep in before work and class. I’ll change to support. Good luck

5. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

What is your motivation behind your return/boom in activity?

6. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Support.

7. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Thanks for the supports <3 means a ton :). And anyone who had just pressed the support rating instead of replying thanks to you too! (I won't tag you as that may be annoying to some people)

To answer your question in the simplest way.. I'm more or less applying to try and get my word in to get removed gamemodes which I believe would be more popular than some of the current gamemodes like Parkour for something like I don't know... Bedwars ;) I have tons of ideas that I'd like to get heard by someone with the power to do something and hopefully listen while the chance may be low there's still a little hope. I also did find moderating this server back then pretty fun and I didn't want to resign by choice it's just life doesn't have the same outcome you have planned. I do like reporting hackers I find it fun. My return was really just out of the blue because I joined a discord chat with two other old bedwars members and they started to play and then one them applied and really I wasn't going to apply but apparently it looks weird to just do reports for no reason and I thought why not I think I was pretty good at it when I was a mod (as said in my application I feel like I let down a head-moderator for resigning so quick because they had believed me in me so much) and I have tons of time on my hands to lend the server a hand because it looks like when I'm online not a lot of mods are sadly :( and that's not any hate towards them, I truly just want to help the server as much as I can as cheesy as that may sound. That's the story! hope it was what you were looking for :).

8. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Right now, I have the urge to address a lot of your points. So here it is

You sure answered it in the simplest way, didn't you Swift.. ;)
      You may or may not be aware of this (I doubt the following), but the staff team has new special perms to /vanish! That could ultimately lead you to believe there aren't many staff members online at the time; but yet again, I can also go your way because I believe they should make an effort to make themselves apparent and visible at times where players need them.
      I'll be honest with you right now Swift. Your motiviation sucks. You show up a few days ago, start making reports and then reapply for moderator. In my eyes, that shows nothing. Of course you can come back at me and argue that you have the motivation necessary to regain your position on the staff team. Yet, I still don’t see any motivation coming from you over this short period of time. Implementing your ideas could be a “side gig”, but definitely not case worthy to prove your motivation (since your ideas will definitely only last one meeting; that’s all).

While I’m at it, I’ll bring up this next point, or to say subjective point of view. At latest months ago, during your brief appereances on the forums, I’ve seen you only with a negative behaviour to the forum users, which “disturbs my peace”, if I must say. This behaviour, if you were to be accepted, should never be seen on a “semi-professional” workplace. You and I can both say that this behaviour seems less apparent today, even no longer used, but that “today” I speak of refers to the last few days since your rearrival. Thus, I strongly believe it is hard to see a change happen so quickly in such a small period of time (small period being the period in the eye of the public).

That being said, I won’t be all negative and say that you’ve probably been appreciated by the current staff members for your contribution to the community these past few days, seen through your report activity. But for me, it is too early to judge you by your recent arrival.

At the time I’m writing this, I will not be supporting your application. Over time, this probably change, but they’ll probably accept you before my opinion changes.

Nevertheless, best of luck, Swift.

9. hannah

hannah Boss Member

my boy ordi dropped a watermelon on ur app and now it looks all messy

no support

10. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Changing to Neutral. I love to see all the reports you make and you seem like a nice person; however, as Ordi mentioned there seems to be a lack of motivation for the position of Moderator itself. If you can prove that you really want this position again, instead of a why not moment I will reconsider. Anyway, Good Luck! :)

11. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Support, you were here from the start.

12. Nicy

Nicy Experienced Member

Very clean and nice app! Support :)

13. Swift

Swift Boss Member

That sucks to hear. However a few points, I realize that moderators have /vanish now but it doesn't not prove my point totally incorrect seeing as most of my reports don't get dealt with for a while after they're made. This is no hate towards them I think a lot of them are wonderful people and do their job amazingly it's just that even when they are taken care of they're banned so they weren't taken care of when they're in game for those hours at a time that I am.

My reasons to reapply may not make sense to you but that's because you are not me. You don't know what it will mean. You think you know but in my honest opinion, I don't think you do and that's why you can't understand as well as I do how much I am going to try to make my motivation a reality no matter how low of a chance I may have. I am not sure why you think my behavior was negative in the prior months as I didn't really do anything that said "oh hey look at me" I may have been having fun here and there not being as serious but I don't think I did anything that is considered really rude or negative. And at least I've done reports that can be said a lot more for me than about half of the other applicants applying. I believe you replied to me because you think I have a chance however seeing as you haven't replied to other applicants that I can see and I appreciate the thought. I do realize that I have applied quickly after making my report burst and I have no reasoning to explain for that, I just felt like it since so many were asking so I thought why not since I know how to do the job. I understand your point(s) but you asked and I answered honestly the question you had requested. Thank you overall for your feedback and it is understandable that I will not gain everyone's support for reasons like my quick return and if I get moderator before I can change your mind then I will with all honesty be disappointed that I couldn't do as much as I liked beforehand. I promise you though I will be doing my best to try to gain the trust of people I have failed for leaving so quick before. And thank you for your luck.

I am going to be honest it's like you guys are a herd of sheep and Ordi is Mary (no offense) and you guys get blindingly sucked into any negative thing said about the applicant and automatically change your opinion even though it was not you who had asked the question nor thought of even asking it. It seems it is not on just my application though. Again though your reasons are your reasons I suppose and I cannot doubt that entirely, I am not trying to be rude if you think I am. Thanks for your reconsideration.

Thanks for your support <3. Means a ton overall.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    14. Freeze36

Freeze36 Active Member

Good luck. I always see you on and your very helpful. Support :D

15. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

I did not change to Neutral because of Ordi entirely, it was also your answer. Ordi had asked a question and yes maybe I would not have asked it but it brought some points to light which I think are important. But I believe you are still a great candidate based on your past experience and constant reporting. Therefore if I was trying to be a "sheep";) I would have no supported like Ordi had.

Also to clarify, from what I understood from your response to Ordi's question is that you would like to get moderator to get your ideas across and because it was fun. What I really like about you is your honesty and I feel you are very capable of Moderator. However, I want to see how you do over the next couple days , since it seems to me you applied out of nowhere. I don't want to see you resign quickly like you said you did before. But your constant reporting which is better that all the current applicants at the moment is very convincing. Good Luck! :)

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    16. Swift

Swift Boss Member

That's just the problem to me. If I had applied out of no where why did you not say something? I don't wish for supports just because you may know me, if you hate me then don't support me it's completely up to you. I just hope you aren't so quick to judge is all (not just me). Either way I know I applied out of the blue and that's why I'm not just sitting around not doing anything like another applicant currently ;) and am actually out there on the server, doing reports, playing and stuff.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    17. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

What?

No support

18. Swift

Swift Boss Member

If you really just changed because of the thing you quoted then wow considering it wasn't even directed towards you (nor Turtle for that matter).

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop trying to moderate around my application however (I can deal with myself), you've posted here like 5 times already (one got deleted).

19. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

I appreciate the gesture, but I'm capable of posting my opinion here whenever I want. You couldn't be more direct with that. Extremely condescending and irresponsible for you to claim I sit here and do nothing while you report people based off of minor chat offenses and people flying across the map. That being said, my feedback has reached its climax.

Good day.

20. Methylone

Methylone Experienced Member

I don't see why it matters if Swift is applying too fast, he's reporting and more active then most current applicants and most likely most moderators on the server.

You guys should be judging based on whether or not he is doing the job of a moderator and not how fast he applied because that has nothing to do with being a moderator.

Some of the best moderators I saw on MV would literally resign, take a break, then re apply, and would go on to resign and do the same exact cycle again because of school.

Swift is literally the best applicant and could be the best moderator if promoted tbh because he is CONSISTENTLY ACTIVE and the amount of reports he does EVERYDAY compared to most mods with their ban logs, and most applicants with their reports.

Re-support.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.