x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA ♛ Puaple's Application ♛

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Puaple, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Puaple

Puaple Experienced Member

Thanks so much :) anything I should improve on?

2. Bananurz

Bananurz Retired Head-Mod

People here are so incompetent, they think that just because you report you'll be a good mod. It's completely false and the staff team seems to roll with that as an important criterion.

No support.

3. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Nothing much, but I possibly wanna see you in-game and that's about it.

4. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Support.

5. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

No support. How detailed your application is means nothing really.
      I hardly see you on the forums, and feel this application is long for the sake of being long.

This isn't true. Take a look at @tin15cro 's application: https://www.mineverse.com/threads/tins-moderator-application.119514/.
      This doesn't have pages, but he was accepted. Why? Because he was active, kind and loyal. He was worthy, not because he was capable of writing pages.

You seem dedicated. You seem like you care. But you should improve your activity here. I usually like seeing people with ≤ 500-600 posts when applying. Not spam of course, but helpful posts.

Best of luck.

6. Puaple

Okay, I'll be on in a while, coming back from track. Are you able to come on?
      Thanks for reconsidering :)
      Thanks for the luck!
      P.S. I am currently building up my post count but I understand. :) Thanks for the feedback!

7. Puaple

In my mind, what I think of reporting with applicants is that they have the dedication to continue reporting. They don't get tired of reporting constantly. And I feel like the staff are looking into how far a applicant will go, and when they will/might give up.

Basically, its just testing the applicants for their continuous dedication to the server and seeing if they will give up or grow tired of it easily.

Thanks for your feedback, it really helps. :) Please think about reconsidering.

8. Bananurz

I don't need you to explain the rationale behind it. I was staff manager for a year. All I'm saying is that it has way too much of a say when deciding on a moderator. Not all dedicated people report. It's not a fair or accurate way to judge. Someone who reports can still be immature, incompetent, and ignorant. (Not calling you these things)

Also I did not give you feedback because I don't really have the energy to express to you why I don't support your application. Saying thanks for the feedback is just a passive aggressive way of saying I hate what you said but here's my insincere thanks to cover it up.

I just hope a mod doesn't swoop in and delete my comment for no reason. They are our best and brightest after all.

9. Puaple

Well im not mad, you cant always get what you want :P

10. Squire

Squire Well-Known Member

Neutral, too many past bans.

11. Bananurz

When did I ever say you can? I'm bewildered at your lack of intuition.

12. Puaple

I currently only have one ban that was over a year ago. Do you have the wrong person? Thanks for neutraling instead of no supporting. :)

13. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

It certainly is one of the things we look for. Believe me when I say reports are certainly not the only thing taken into account when considering promotions.

I do agree with Nanurz, also. I would like to see you proving your strengths moderation wise such has helping players and making sure you are doing everything you can to appear as a good candidate. The main things I personally look into are the player's attitude/judgement/overall appearance. I like for those who are staff to be knowledgable about the server and treat players like it is their priority for them to be having fun and assisting them.

14. Stacker7

Stacker7 Boss Member

No support reasons stated

15. Puaple

Okay, anything to improve on? Some of the earlier posts, maybe in page 1-2 I have improved upon.

16. Puaple

Are you willing to reconsider now? I have improved on what you have said. And I have started to help the server better. I am now very active with/playing on skywars and skywars needs moderation right now. Currently there are not many staff that play skywars and now there are no staff that are online when I report on skywars. Because of this, I have piles of reports around the nighttime and I have nobody to ban them for me. (https://gyazo.com/f2e78296088850a34dd9df85fb0e4090)

Again, now I have moved to more gamemodes. I have started to talk more in suggestions / off topic. (Giving my opinion on the threads there)

Can you reconsider? Or maybe give me more constructive criticism on what to improve more on? Thanks :)

17. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Spreading your activity on one gamemode is good, but it's always better for players and the staff to spread it everywhere. Every gamemode needs attention, and it's good to go everywhere.

Also, you must not be aware of how many reports that haven't been handle by me before I became a moderator. Not to be rude or anything, your achievements are still phenomenal.
      Very glad you improved on this :)
      I'd like to ask you a question or two. A question was asked on my application when I applied which gave me motivation, and I hope these questions also give you motivation.

1. If you become a moderator, what will be your motivation on going back to the server after a rough time in real life in the form of bullying or depression, or in-game in the form of boredom and impatience for the task to come?
      2. As a moderator, you will get invaded by questions in private conversations in-game and on forums. How will you manage to handle all the players and help them as much as you can and to find a solution to the problem? How will you react if a player feels ignored by you because you didn't respond to him?
      Hopefully, answering these questions will give you motivation and maybe change my decision on this application! :P

18. Puaple

1. My motivation will be the ones that are pushing me back. Whenever I am pushed back, I always try harder, you know, Ill never stop trying. You never give up, no matter how hard things in life is, its just life, you have to man up and continue. Continue what you want to do, follow your dreams. Also, the people that are helping me through this, helping me get back on my feet, helping me every way through this tough journey. I owe great thanks to both the people that are pushing me harder, and the people that are helping me along. That is the motivation that will keep me going through this journey. (I just got seriously emotional idk why.)
      2. There's just one me, and over 400 players daily. If I could clone myself I would. But sadly I cant. I try to help as many as I can. And speak with as many as I can. I will be ashamed of myself when players feel ignored, and I will try to talk to them later and sincerely apologize.
      Also, I can tell them to contact another staff member, but if it is me they need only I will talk to them in person at a said time.

These questions really made me rethink what would happen with me as a moderator. I know that moderators get a lot of disrespect everyday, but I never knew that players would feel ignored. It might be that I am used to it myself, always getting ignored. (Not going to continue) But now I am more motivated to continue going, the 1st question made me know what path I am going in, or who's with me that makes me push a little bit harder every step of the way.

Thank you.

19. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

No support, reasons stated.

20. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Thank you for answering the questions, glad you answered them with honesty.

Changing to Neutral.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.