x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • ♡ Tiny Rant ♡

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by 284, Jan 30, 2017.

1. 284

284 Experienced Member

Hello people of mineverse and those just stopping in to hear my rant.
      Alright so as many many many many many of you know I get super bitter and angry over fairly stupid things which I guess is a bad thing...?
      I love all the mods so much and I am friends with many of them. You all are very cool dudes and just hugs and kisses to you all.

But

There is just one teensy tiny thing that bugs me. On OP PvP and Kit PvP we all know very well that there are many hackers on there. I know the mods try their hardest but it just bugs me than while I'm getting hacked on blatantly a mod just kinda stands there and watches when I know they are no AFK. This isn't meant to be disrespectful since I know you guys have a super hard job with someone like me messaging you every 5 minutes to come to a different game mode to watch some child hacking. This honestly isn't much of a rant, believe me if I truly ranted I'd be banned from forums which would be unfortunate since the community is lit on here too. I mean I dunno it's just something that bugs me since I know many players get fueled when a player with Kill Aura and Auto Armor comes on and hacks them apart while a mod just turns away. Maybe there could possibly be a mod designated to the PvP servers at different times who will watch and ban people accordingly. I understand the mods work very hard to keep up with reports and banning players and all but maybe taking this into consideration would be of some use to the server as a whole.

Ahh that's better now that it's off my chest. Again I mean no disrespect at all and I love you all so much!

2. Herf

Herf Boss Member

#herf4mod2k17

3. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Having been in the staff team for a short while, I don't think that Mods will ever get assigned, per say, to servers. Of course, there are some staff members who really work their lives off on PvP servers (at least, when I was still a Moderator). Some are: @TradeOffer , @Vxronica , @Policy , @Charisa . I mean... It's a pretty (insert swear word but I won't say it) move to just ignore a hacker in front of their faces, especially if the hack is very obvious.

However, Mods have a lot to do, but I still think that this "excuse" is irrelevant, in your example case, where "I'm getting hacked on blatantly a mod just kinda stands there and watches when I know they are no AFK.", because there's no excuse, if they are committed to your issue here.

Still, I think that Mods in general do amazing work here, and many, many more hackers would be here if not for them.

4. StrKillr

StrKillr Boss Member

There are several reasons on why a mod isn't paying attention to the screen when moderating.
      1. handling reports or something related on the forums.
      2. Typing the long a** command to ban kids (/tempban [player] 31d Hacking, Appeal if invalid at mineverse.com ~StrKillr bla bla recently changed to #appeal to save some time but still you lose time).
      3. Loading or struggling with the recording software (we can't ban anyone without proper evidence).
      4. logging the report on his private archive (sometimes you get 10 - 20 - 30 reports to log and having to look them again to seek for who was banned and why when uploading takes a lot of time) usually when I ban someone, I stop the record then copy the name, search the new video archive and change the name to the players name and server).
      5. the server has maybe 30 - 70 people on peek and sometimes there are 5 hackers and 1 mod to handle (the mod can handle them but it takes time).
      6. We are not payed for being on at a certain time and a certain moment, we PLAY in our free time.
      7. Simply had to do something else (irl>Minecraft).

I'm surprised on this reply as you were constantly struggling to handle hackers on pvp modes and you actually logged off the server due to stress sometimes. Did you forgot it? ....

5. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

I was struggling because there were a lot of hackers. I didn't log off when there were people asking for help, or when I knew that there were hackers on certain servers. I believe I did do my job properly.

I'm just saying that, I never ignored people if they asked me for help, and I indeed saw a hacker right in front of me.

6. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

tbh tho, since all u play is oppvp, hackers shouldnt be much of a problem. The only way to actually kill someone is to beat them with ur sword until they run out of backup sets or gaps. If a hacker is attacking u, u have all that time to pearl away or hit them with that stick

7. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Hackers flock to Mineverse like birds flock to corn.