x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • ♫ Moderator Application ♫ [Locked]

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Krissy, Jun 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Krissy

Krissy Boss Member

Because all accepted apps have unicode in the title of course c:

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Krissy, formally known as krissy_punk and currently as Krissy_x. I am a 22 year old university student.
      I am one of your administrators on the mineverse discord, currently global super moderator for Noobcrew's amazing skyblock servers and was a moderator right here for close to a year back in 2015. Over-all I have been moderating Crew servers for just over 3 years now.

Your in-game name: Krissy_x
      What timezone are you in? GMT +8
      What country do you live in? Australia
      What languages do you speak? English
      Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc) Yes (I have OBS, Fraps and Bandicam plus a youtube account to upload videos, and gyazo and minecrafts screenshot functions help).

Why do you think you should become a mod?

I hope you do excuse my short and to the point explanation.

For a while now I have been speaking with Mineverse staff more and one of the biggest issues within the staff environment is having enough team members and activity. Why? School, exams and even now I would imagine summer has many staff busy. Not only this but the high staff "turn over" rates are understandable for quite the challenging role.

Which is why I believe that I should become a moderator.
      Firstly my schedule is free which means I will not be inactive too often and it means the other staff can relax a bit as well. I also happen to be in a timezone which allows me to cover the server when the US and UK moderators are asleep and the AU moderators would be at school/work/or having a life.

I think my wealth of experience speaks volumes of my capability as a moderator.
      I know how to moderate xenforo forums, handle reports and use in game moderating commands without much difficulty and can pick up fast on things I don't know. I already come with knowledge of rules, punishment times and even how Mineverse handles things. If you still need convincing check my experience section and hmu for more proof :)

I know what my feedback will be even before posting. "Hey Krissy, you aren't active, and you have another server". Both true statements. I am offering my assistance to the team and will be active if my application is accepted. My activity is very high on the discord where a lot of people need mineverse staff and come to me. I cannot help them and would like to.
      And yes, I do moderate another server however due to the times I moderate there, I have hours spare for quality mineverse time.

I feel, along with other actually active applicants, that my services can be utilized and I can be an asset to the staff team. I am helpful, trustworthy, attentive, social, friendly, reliable and patient and love to share my skills, knowledge and friendship with others.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      My hours are very flexible but I would be spending a generous amount of time in game a day; including frequent forums visits and being available to pop on the server on demand (usually). I would spend up to 3 hours a day at peak times

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I joined Mineverse back in November of 2013

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I have never been banned here :)

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

• I run my own server so I am familiar with the commands, plugins
      • I became a trial moderator on Noobcrew's survival skyblock server back in 2014. Since then I have achieved the super mod rank on both skyblock survival and skyblock economy and this year marked 3 years of moderating.
      • I also moderated Skywars.com before it merged with Mineverse at the super mod level, however the rank was shortly removed.
      • Then I was promoted on Mineverse where I moderated for close to a year but was relieved of my role due to an issue on skyblock.
      • I was also a moderator for a server run by a player named Pledgefree and Cypriotmerks before It closed and have been given OP many times on small servers, set up servers and things of that extent.
      Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No
      Do you have 50 Post Count?
      Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Do you have Skype andTeamspeak 3, Discord for offline communication?

I meet all the requirements to be staff.

Side Note: To all who remember me from 2015 I would like to apologise for any past issues we have had. I am truly a more humble moderator and would love to work with the wonderful staff I get the privilege of speaking to on discord.

To the community: When I first became moderator a lot of you had no idea who I was, I never had an application and it was quite the experience. But you warmed up to me and made me feel welcome. I know a lot of you I remember have since left.

Thank-you for reading <3

2. Teeeb

Teeeb Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Leader Discord Leader Competition Team

no support
      - never seen you ingame
      - you don't help on forums (most of your comments are on profiles)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    3. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

no support

4. Maxine

Maxine Well-Known Member

Krissy, as much as I love you and wish to support you, I can't right now.

You have a wonderful personality and I do not doubt that you'd be a great mod but I need to see these things from you:
      -Activity on the server as well as forums
      -Reports
      I just need more proof of what a good mod you'd be.

Good luck <3

5. Wolfiee

Wolfiee Active Member

As much as you are my friend, I will have to go with neutral :).
      You are a really kind, loving, mature and helpful person, as seen on Skyblock, but I would just like to see more activity.
      Good luck! <3

6. Surge

Surge Boss Member

Krissy your a great person.

But your not nearly active enough to become a moderator Improve In these things and I'll reconsider.

-Reports
      -Forum activity
      -Ingame activity
      -Your not very well known to newer players
      -You aren't very active
      -This Is the first time I've seen you In a while here

7. Nubby

Nubby Well-Known Member

Neutral, reasons stated.

8. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

I'm going to support you but leaning towards neutral.

9. Malc

Malc The Pro Moderator Premium

No support

10. benji

benji Well-Known Member

Stick with Skyblock, no support.

11. Candyyy

Candyyy Experienced Member

I don't really think it's needed to repeat what everyone else is saying. No support. Also, you were kind of saying that you would be more active if you got staff. That seems like your saying if you don't get staff, you won't be active? Also, before applying you might want to be active. All of these comments are towards your activity - and there really is none. Just giving you a tip. good luck

12. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

This statement is false, a lot of application that are accepted do not have funky characters in their title. I demand a edit! (Do not take this seriously, trying to be funny)

================

That 'will be active' part in the statement above is not the best. If you want to become a moderator, you have to prove that you are active, friendly, loyal and kind to the players who may seek you moderating again.

Although I can see you being a amazing moderator with past knowledge, I cannot support you at the moment. I wish you the best of luck! :)

13. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

No support, sorry.
      I recommend sticking with Skyblock.

14. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

Sorry, no support
      -Work on activity both in game and on the forums
      -Do more reports

Other reasons stated above.

15. Purge

Purge Boss Member

No support I'm sorry.

16. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

No support. It's too soon.

17. Kenju

Kenju Experienced Member

support need experience :P

18. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

No support, sorry. I just don't think you're right for Mineverse's staff team.

19. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

^ agreed

Mineverse also needs moderators that are going to actually get in-game, that's where help is needed. And that doesn't mean someone who has the ability to AFK in the lobby for a couple hours. You're more of a leader and play an important role on skyblock, which I think you should stick to.

20. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

I agree. The environment and things you have to deal with is generally different between .net and MV.

When I was on Skyblock, I did notice that you got demoted (do correct me if I'm wrong, I will be willing to double check) at least once or twice. I do understand that some .net players way back in the day, when I was still on .net, did not approve of you and your moderating actions for reasons which I am sure you were aware of. You play a key role on .net, which I believe you should stick to and not divert your attention to something else.

That is part of the reason why I do not wish to support you just yet.
      - Inactive on Mineverse forums and in-game
      - Reports?

Specific reasons:
      - You will be active if your app is accepted... "will be"... I think it's better to start being active now.
      - (refer to the Skyblock stuff above)

No support right now.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.