x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • A little clarity

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Musezeta, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. KingAlex

KingAlex Well-Known Member

Why was thing changed?
      Reason the servers not doing well.
      I think this needs to be brought to the Attention of Crew and Cyp that this "new" system and rules is terrible. Teaches and does nothing. Pointless having any mods what so ever. Look at some of the Bigger servers. Hacking is a perm with no appeal.

@CypriotMerks
      The system should be changed back.

2. PiLe

PiLe Retired Admin Premium

I had a hard time reading your reply here, but from what I could understand it seems you think the staff changed the punishments?

I just want to clarify that it was the owner who changed the punishment guideline. No one else. I have voiced my opinions on the matter, but this is not "my" server. I only work here.

3. pre

pre Well-Known Member

I wouldn't consider someone turning their self in to be a requested ban, but I guess everyone has their own viewpoint.

4. KingAlex

I never said that and its easy to read? Lol I know the owners changed it. I wassayi g they need yo be aware the new system they made is terrible. A week ban for hacking? Thats Bs. Pointless having any staff members whatsoever.

5. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

Saying 'kill yourself' or 'kys' is I think worse than hacking, not only is it against the rules of the server, but it is against the law in many countries. I think anyone who influences death or suicide, should be banned for 2 months or longer. It's not nice.

6. Musezeta

Musezeta Well-Known Member

As many of you have pointed out and as the community already knows, the server is run on revenue. I understand Noobcrew needs the server to take money in and keep said money from leaving because of bans. I'm sure everyone else does too. But I don't ever see the consideration of the other party. And by that I mean those of us who have spent money towards extras because we enjoy playing on his server.

A year ago roughly when a few of the commenters and I moderated, the rules were you were perma'd with 24h wait before appeal consideration. Every mod was able to deal with the requirements.

Fast forward and we go to no perma bans but you were temp-banned for 31 days. Again no issues work-wise for the mods mainly because there was less to do, but that's besides the point.

Here we are today, 31 day ban on pvp gamemodes, 7 on non pvp. And yes I got a mod to correct the ban time for that report.

To get back to my point on the other party, what has been done is giving those who feel the need to cheat a major break. But who's stuck dealing with that? The players who don't need to feed an uncontrollable habit to cheat, even after already being caught once or multiple times. Those are the chargebacks and player activity levels Noobcrew should be ultimately concerned with. Eventually none of that party are going to want to put up with all the cuts the cheaters are getting.

As for this 7-day temp on non-pvp modes. I don't think it's understood what can be done with some clients. Combat hacks will never be anything beyond combat because they only have one intended use.

This server has already dealt with the problems of what comes with those who explore more of the clients they download. In case anyone have forgotten we've had books that crash your game, hacked blocks that crash your game, auto-chat spam that has crashed servers, players who aren't even using clients finding ways to crash servers, grief spawns and claim spawns/already claimed land, you name it. 7-days is just laughable. The system needs to be reconsidered.

With that said he could come on, read this and ban me for all I care because we have a difference in opinion. I didn't pay to play for my rank, that was earned with helping the community. And getting rid of someone with another viewpoint isn't going to change everything I just said and make it go away.

7. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

Hacking on PvP servers is a bigger offense because it affects other players.
      Using kill aura on Skyblock for example doesn't matter..

We stopped doing mostly permanent bans because some mods in the past were permanently banning players for minor infractions(this thread is an example, following a very basic guide, this player should have been muted and the person hacking should have been banned for a month.. yet it still wasn't followed), plus we do not believe in banning players permanently, either they come back(which most don't anyways) and have learnt their lesson or they will simply be banned again if they repeat. And regarding other servers, i'm not going to lie, I used a hacked client once in the past and i'm still banned from 3-4 years ago, how is that fair for anyone that actually wants to come back to the server and play normally?

It is up to the server to stop hacking(which we are currently working on) rather than just getting rid of players that have a client installed.. They only take a few minutes to install and the majority of players have one. We still of course do perm bans on hackers with repeat offenses.

8. babyboynitro

babyboynitro Experienced Member

YOU REPLIED O:

9. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner

Sigh.. Please read my previous comment regarding why we stopped doing permanent bans for certain things. Bans were never changed in the hopes of increased revenue.., some of you guys just like to jump to conclusions and find the worst as an explanation to why.

Hacks on PvP gamemodes don't matter as long as it doesn't affect other players. We've fixed the majority of hacked items/blocks that crash your client on creative, we have put anti-spam measures in place that don't crash the server, you can't grief spawns or claim land that's claimed?, and we are working on making our anti-cheat better. I think everyone takes people that "hack" way to seriously, all it is, is simply a modified client that can be installed by a 5 year old in less than 5 mins. Trying to permanently ban absolutely everyone that has a client simply doesn't work. Again, it is up to the server to stop the hacking, in which hopefully soon our anti-cheat will be greatly improved.

10. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

I've noticed many players who've been banned repeatedly, yet are still roaming the server. So, your ways are not actually working. I guess this means that mods will have to keep track of who's been banned and how many times they've been banned, for each offence. That's quite surreal in itself. Maybe think up something which can allow this to become more of an easier task to keep track of.

11. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

I agree but if it's changed we're going to have to go with that.

12. KingAlex

True. It would suck to be banned that long. I do admit a straight up perm Ban would suck.

13. Musezeta

Musezeta Well-Known Member

Seeing that this entire discussion came about a misunderstanding of new guidelines between what you wanted from the team, and how they interpreted it, and a misunderstanding of my reasoning let me reclarify. The original post was sorted out (partly). My jump to conclusion was not about increasing revenue, it was about sustainability from the second party. Revenue increase is not my concern.

31 days is more than adequate for using a client, having to report the player 3-4 maybe 5 months in a row is not (even without checking to see if they do the same thing on one of the other PvP servers). Nobody needs to be permanently banned but some users will just never care about what rules are present.

Until the updated anti-cheat is in place, which many of us would probably like an estimated time of arrival on, people are going to complain about client users and the guidelines.

Clarification is what this thread is about. The original post was clarified. You clarified your guidelines and expectations from those you allow to moderate. Everything is resolved, thank you for taking time to discuss.

14. Coastic

Coastic Well-Known Member

I feel like hackers on all gamemodes should be issued the same amount of time for a ban, but that's just my opinion. Hackers that use kill aura on skyblock, they can (and will) use it on any other part of the server.

15. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

"Non-PvP Gamemodes: 3 days"

16. Khortex

Khortex Experienced Member

only the person that he said "kys" towards should be able to report him

17. babyboynitro

babyboynitro Experienced Member

Lets say, @MoosePMC told me to "kys" XD. If someone really hated him, they could simply make an alt, and say he is "this person". Therefore getting him banned.

18. ItsSniiper

ItsSniiper Boss Member

We don't tolerate hackers!

19. H_A_C_K_S / Plentakillboy

H_A_C_K_S / Plentakillboy Active Member

Yeh ikr I got a one month ban for saying imma kill you in a block game

20. PiLe

PiLe Retired Admin Premium

This thread has gone inactive more than 30 days. Posting in threads that have gone inactive this long is considered grave digging. Grave digging will result in the thread being locked and possible warning points applied to your account.

Thread owners may revive their own threads at any time. Feel free to read our forum rules on grave digging. If you disagree with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.
      Thank you.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.