x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Creative Basics A request for a useful/harmless world edit command for creative

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Halex00, Jun 30, 2017.

?

Add the command?

1. Yes, its a good idea

100.0%
    2. No, please reply why

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    1. Halex00

Halex00 Builder Builder

If you are like me, and have a forge version of minecraft that has single player world edit as a mod (I like building in single player), then you may like the //schem command. This command allows you to select a region with the world edit wand and then type //schem save mcedit (name of build). This will take the region selected and save it as a .schematic file inside the mod folders. This file can later be loaded in single player by typing //schem load mcedit (name of build) then //paste. To prevent issues in the server, all that would have to be enabled is the save command. This means that all we can do is bring our creative builds into single player to enjoy. Not the other way around. In order to save builds in the first place you would have to have the single player world edit mod installed for the schematics to have somewhere to save, if you attempted to save something without the mod, nothing bad would happen, the command would just fail. I know that single player world edit is one of those mods in the gray zone as to if it is ok to have on the server or not. Just keep in mind that the mod only works when in creative mode, and the server plugin overwrites the mod. Meaning that when in multiplayer on mineverse at least, the mod is useless. This is why I am requesting this command in the first place. I have a few nice plots in creative that I would like to have in single player so I can make them bigger without the road getting in the way, and this is the easiest way to accomplish that.

2. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Support why not.

3. SlowPot

SlowPot Well-Known Member

Support.

4. Accepted

Accepted Well-Known Member

I think this is/was already in creative?? (@SirCorgi how did you do it with your map)

5. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

I did it via PlotSquared. Glaedr wants to be able to use the world edit schematic tool where you can select what you want to be downloaded as a schematic file, not the whole plot.

Support

6. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Support :D

7. Accepted

Accepted Well-Known Member

Ahh

8. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Support.