x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • All Topics - Open Discussion

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Candyyy, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Candyyy

Candyyy Experienced Member

Now before I start, this is an open discussion thread, and all opinions are allowed to be said without being judged/ignored. I will have different topics with little information about both - trying to keep it short.
      ------------
      Hackers
      • Not sure why hackers feel the need to bring others down, but that is the world we are in today
      • Hacking is not a skill - it is a cheat
      • Hackers often say they are amazing. When they are exposed, they accept it and say they are just amazing and have lots of skill
      • FIRST OF ALL: HACKING IS NOT A SKILL (as said before)
      • When you hack, you are enhancing the percentage of you accomplishing something
      • EX- If you are PvPing and you have kill Aura hacks, you are lifting the percentage of you killing the player
      Banned people with alts

• This is another topic often talked about, but hey! Let's talk about it more
      • I am actually having a brain freeze, forgetting what this is called. Ban Evading? UHG
      • Anyway, of course, alts are allowed
      • When the players main account gets banned, they come back on with their alt - while their banned with one of their accounts
      • This is when people are REALLY impatient
      • You have made your mistake, and now you pay the price
      • You are not 'special' and get to come back on with another account
      • Hopefully these players know they can also get their alt banned for the same amount of time
      Creative Builds
      • I LOVE creative
      • But recently I have gone around looking at all the different plots
      • Some very nice and creative (no pun intended)
      • Others very innapropraite
      • I understand many of these players are banned, but I mean, why build something innapropraite in the first place?
      • MV is open to all people. YES. This also means a wide age gap
      • Their are little kids playing
      • I know when I was younger, my dad would sometimes walk in and look at my screen
      • If he did that now - I am not little anymore - I would be scared
      • I might be not allowed on the computer if I am seeing anything innapropraite
      • As a server owner, you might want a kid-friendly server or not
      • This is a kid-friendly server and it has not become not so 'kid friendly'
      • This leads into my next topic
      Chat Filter Bypass
      And yes, I have reached this point.
      • Of course there is usually a way around a rule, but I think people abuse it
      • As a player, you are to follow the rules
      • There is a chat FILTER for a reason
      • I am not going to say how to go around this, because that would be encouraging and teaching others how to break a rule
      • But it is quite simple
      • People are doing it everyday
      • I see this happening everytime I go on (everyday ^^^)
      • I think this should somehow be fixed - don't know if it can be, though
      I think I might wrap it up here. This was not intended to be long, but I had a lot to say. I have more but I will save your time.
      -Candy

2. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Yup, it's called ban evading.

About hackers, it's just something Cyp has to deal with and get better anti cheat, etc. Hackers are hackers, they will flock to servers which have anti cheats that don't detect their hacks (i.e. Mineverse). From when I was making reports to resolving them as a mod, I do know that the main PvP hacks like Kill aura, Bhop, Trigger, Fasteat, Antikb, Jesus don't get detected. And for some reason, the unpopular ones like FastBow (is that it?) kicks people out of the server.

About ban evading, I've got a few bad experiences. The frustrating problem with ban evaders is that some of them use mcleaks or lf. They just get on more alts. There was a player which was banned on BW for hacking, and then I was called back there by a friend to ban a person again for hacking. Turns out, IP checked, they had so many alts. The really annoying thing is that mods cannot IP ban, and can only ban the player when they are proven to be on the same IP. So that's why I was so mad back then because I couldn't ban in time

3. Candyyy

Candyyy Experienced Member

understood