x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • CoMiNg OuT tHrEaD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jhow, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Love you shireenie <3

2. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

Deleted flame and posts related to religion. Any more flaming will result in a reply ban from this thread.

3. SlowPot

SlowPot Well-Known Member

Just reviewing the comments.
      There is nothing wrong with being gay we are all humans and have different tastes and personal interests.

4. FearTheKlowns

FearTheKlowns Well-Known Member Premium

5. xX_IDK_Xx

xX_IDK_Xx Experienced Member

I don't know you well, but congrats on coming out. As many other people have said, it takes a lot of courage to do so... hopefully, some day, stating your sexuality won't require courage. Don't let negative comments get to you either; stand strong! #PrideMonth

I'm not going to quote or tag anyone here since it seems the flame war is over (and I really don't want to start it again :/), but there are some things I have been wanting to say while reading through the comments on this thread...

To those that believe homosexuality is a choice: For starters, it's not. Like many other people have said before me, sexuality isn't something that's decided upon by the individual. People all have the choice of whether to embrace or deny their sexuality, and to pursue or reject relationships, but whether they are attracted to the same sex or not is not something they can change. Please don't confuse the two by saying homosexuality is a choice; the choice is whether the person is willing to accept themselves or deny that aspect, and there is certainly a huge difference in these two statements.

I'd also like to point out that being forced to deny oneself is extremely difficult to cope with, especially longterm, so even if you feel/believe that "being gay is wrong" or "no one is really gay", please consider that persons feelings before commenting. You may not believe that some people are gay, but, consider how strongly you feel about this, and how you probably feel that no one can change your mind because you strongly believe that you are right; that's how they feel about their sexuality, perhaps even more so.

Lastly, you are free to believe whatever you want. What really matters here though, is how you go about expressing your beliefs if you choose to do so at all. So once again, I urge you to please, consider others feelings and beliefs as well, and if you feel you must state your views, do so in a respectable manner.

Side Note: I personally believe that no one should be discriminated against based on their sexuality nor any aspects of themselves so long as those aspects don't cause harm to others. Homophobic beliefs expressed on a 'Coming Out' thread can cause harm to others and often are made with the intent to do just that... this is why many people don't respond kindly when such comments are made. So keep in mind that, just as you are stating up for your beliefs, they have the right to stand up for theirs.

6. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Thanks you <3 means a lot <33

7. leafu

leafu Experienced Member

respect

8. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Thank you <3