x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA DuckieDanger ModApplication

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by DuckieDanger, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. DuckieDanger

DuckieDanger Experienced Member

I'm sorry but you just keep commenting that's not about the app so please stop unless its about the app and you know what to say to me please

2. BlueExplorer

BlueExplorer Experienced Member

Total support!

I totally understand what you are trying to say and it’s refreshing to see someone step up and try to take a more active role in the community instead of just trash-talking it. I see you online quite a lot, and for extended periods of time too. During week days, I would have to say I’ve seen you mostly from around 10 PM to about 4 to 5 AM EST when no other mods are online (and when I should probably be asleep). Yeah, I totally get what you are saying about being able to fill in the gaps of coverage during these time periods and that’s truly needed.

I’ve known you for a while now, and I recognize your ability to spot hackers easily and lend a helping hand in game when needed. You’ve helped me optimize and fix some rather complex grinders in the past and you shared some insights in to how the internals of Minecraft work to improve upon the designs. You’ve shown me that your understanding of Minecraft goes well beyond just PVP and extends much farther in to the core of the game and even a lot with the strategy. You’ve been playing MineVerse for a long time and I can see how you can leverage your knowledge and enthusiasm to better the community on a whole.

I understand what the other commenters have said about your personality and your short temper which has led to various degrees of “rudeness”. But I greatly appreciate your acknowledgement of these shortcomings and that you have expressed that you are actively trying to work on improving yourself. I think that is great that you are trying to change and make improvements; I’ve even noticed positive changes in game over the last few months too.

A few questions that I have for you pertaining to the role of a Mod. A mod not only carries their own reputation, but they represent the server, the forums, and the brand of MineVerse. What they do, or what they don’t do, could have a very positive or negative effect on far more than just themselves. So, if you were to become a mod, how would those responsibilities change you? What qualities would you strive for, and how responsible can they expect you to be as a mod? Perhaps most importantly, since the pathway to becoming a mod is not instantaneous, how can you show the community that you are making that effort to change now and that you will be able to properly represent the MineVerse brand and community as a mod?

In closing, I would really like to express my appreciation that you are trying to help make a positive difference in the community. I think it is wrong for others to lambaste your application on points that have shown to be “very misguided” as pointed out by Ordi. If this is something you feel strongly about, don’t give up and please strive to make those changes to show that you have what it takes to be that great mod!

3. DuckieDanger

If I become mod it will make me a better player and better at helping people on the server bc it will let me help everyone a lot more and let me show who I really am then the thing that some people see me as I am. my goals are to help the server go back like it was in the old days no hacker everyone loved everyone everyone knew everyone so I want to try to bring that back

4. Surge

Surge Boss Member

Please bold the questions Its really hard to read.

No Support.
      -You can be quite rude.
      - Many grammatical errors.
      - Report more.
      - Increase Activity
      - Engage more with the community.

5. Hiraeth

Hiraeth Experienced Member

no support.

6. dera

dera Well-Known Member

No support.
      You claim to treat people how they've treated you, but is that how a moderator should act? No. A moderator is welcoming, and friendly. Just because someone is mean to you, doesn't mean you have to be mean back. It's common sense, what comes around goes around, I get it.
      You're also quite illiterate. I always see MANY spelling errors, and sorts. You also only play kitpvp, so you should expand your horizons.

7. DuckieDanger

I understand what you ment about how I treat people your not the only one to bring this up but I do play all game modes a lot just bc you see me on kitpvp don't mean I just play kitpvp but have a good day ok ;)

8. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Active Member

Hey DuckieDanger!
      For now I will have to say no support, sorry.
      Firstly, on forums I haven't seen you being very active. This is important for a moderator, as they don't just moderate in game, they moderate forums, too. In game, I won't comment on because I haven't been spending too much time online myself. However I am trying to become more active over the coming days: I will keep my eye out for you.
      Another thing I have noticed on forums is that you come across as quite rude and immature at times. For example, when responding to feedback on your application your instant reaction is to just disagree with any negative feeedback. Personally I think you should be taking on board this feedback, and using it to improve. Lots of people say they have had problems with you arguing with them: definitely not what a moderator should be spending their time on forums doing.
      Your application is extremely short, lacks detail, and has spelling and grammar mistakes littered everywhere. It does not look like you've spent much time on the application itself, which you should if you really care for this position. You have explained that your grammar mistakes don't matter: I disagree. For example, what if you need to help a player that speaks minimal English? They won't be able to understand you, I find it hard to decipher your sentences at times.
      So yes, it's a no support from me. Hopefully, you convince me to change my mind
      Good luck.

9. DuckieDanger

well I will try my best to change your mind ok and I will do my best :P

10. Candyyy

Candyyy Experienced Member

As I have already no supported you, I am going to make another comment.

What I said:
      Hai Duckie :) Although you are my friend I am going to go with a no support:
      -You seem to be rude time to time to other players (not myself)
      -Work on reports, although they are not required
      -You are not completely active
      -You told me a while ago you and mods dont mix because you don't really follow the rules
      ========
      Not regarding my opinion, some things you might want to fix to make your application appealing:
      -Colors
      -Centered format
      -Fix a lot of grammar mistakes (makes you look "unprofessional" or childish)
      -Use a little bit more detail under almost everything

Good luck my friend :p
      -Candy

What you said:
      I do understand what you say but you cant tell me to be active mostly bc just bc I'm not on when your on don't me I never get on or I'm not active that just mean I'm playing at diff times then you I do reports a lot on hackers but not as much as I should so I will give you that the rudness like I said to the rest I been working on it and I'm not as rude as I was

1. You did not reply to every topic I brought up. Such as: Colors, format, grammar, detail, and how you and mods dont mix.
      2. It looks like you made your application in about 10 minutes if that. There are SO MANY grammar mistakes that you didn't fix.
      3. You say treat others the way you want to be treated, but as a mod people give you tons of hate. So you'll give them hate back?
      4. People who commented on your app...you kind of argued with them and you don't really take suggestions well.

I think you are completely not ready for this. Full no support from me. 2017-08-20_09.18.10.png
      You have an attitude as if you are invinsable, whether they can kill you or not.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    11. Sparky

Sparky Retired Head-Mod Premium

Thread locked on request.
      If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.