x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Finding the true value of a skyblock astro key with 6 stacks of them

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Astrila, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Astrila

Astrila Established Member

[Errors were made in the calculations originally but are now rectified, results are MUCH more interesting...]

Everyone knows an astro key is $520 in skyblock, but is it a scam or a mental good deal? We opened 6 stacks of them in hopes that it gives a good average of what they're truly worth.

6 stacks at the usual price is $199,680 so a tiinnnnny bit under 200k
      If what I received from the crates is worth more than 200k then astro keys are worth more than the $520

Everyone's first question: "How much cobble?"
      220 stacks in total (a little over 4 dubs).
      Assuming you can sell a stack of cobble for $25, that's 5.5k in cobblestone...

Next I added the cash rewards - $70,500

Redstone: In total we gathered just over 23 stacks, and at $220 per stack that's another $5000

Iron: 3 stacks + 38 iron ingots, assuming a single ingot sells for $300 that's 69,000 (ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy ;))

Diamonds: only 7 in total, assuming 2k each that's another 14,000.

Grass: 2 stacks + 17 grass, selling at 550 per grass that $79,750

Sand: Only a stack and 21, at $250 per sand that's $21,250

Pickaxes:
      38 Iron, $250 per? $9500
      and 21 diamond, $500? $10,500

Also got a cow spawner in an ultra crate which adds another $55-60k (in today's market...)

We also got 19 stellar keys and 10 ultra keys (just in case you wanted to know, the prizes from those crates are included in the list above)

So at the best realistic scenario 6 stacks of astro keys are worth 345k

In an actual realistic world you're probably gonna give away the cobble to some unranked and throw your pics off the edge because I mean who is gonna sell almost 60 pickaxes... and if you just want quick money you're gonna give someone diamonds for 1.8k etc, so i'll round it down due to things you're not gonna use or sell.

200k of keys yields 320k of rewards.

An astro key is worth $833 (+- 25 due to price fluctuations/only running this experiment once)

I'd be more than happy to run this another 4 times to give a much more accurate result - so sell your keys at /warp asstro

Let me know your thoughts!

(thanks matreea for your help!)

• Like Like x 1
      Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    2. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

wow, it also kinda depends on your luck e.g. you opened stacks of keys and got some very expensive spawners, but when in comparison of having just 1 key or so it would be worth less than $570

3. Astrila

yeah but the same chances apply, this is just an average - 6 stacks might not be enough really for an exact number but its fairly accurate

4. sabrina

sabrina Discord Moderator Discord Moderator Premium

i personally go /warp nightshop to sell my keys, nightstorm gives a good price, the best one i’ve seen on sb & u can sell in bulk

5. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

I’ve seen keys in the range of $500-$550, so this seems like a decent price. The buyer earns minimal profit and it seems to be fair market value according to what you found.

6. OverLard

OverLard Active Member

7. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

At the prices, you've listed and excluding the pickaxes and cobblestone, the total value is $315,100. 6 stacks of keys is 324 keys.

Total Value/Keys=Average
      315100/324=972.530864198

So that means keys on average are worth $972.53

Of course, you'd have to run this test a few more times and collect the averages of those tests to have a more reliable number to use.

Also, why did you add the value of the stellar and ultra keys when it came to the cash and iron etc, but void the spawner prize?

EDIT: Sorry for my erroneous math, I did 6*54 by accident.

315100/384=820.572916667

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    8. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

Using a sample to find the probability of certain chance event is what he's doing. The larger the sample, the more accurate the results. I think 600 is a good large number in this situation(bigger is better though). Using your example of 1 sample would yield inconclusive findings.

The results from this were rather intriguing to me, I was expecting a lower outcome. Good luck on further investigations.

9. OverLard

OverLard Active Member

Yeah, Redstone is selling well right now. Porky is buying at a high rate.
      Fun Fact is you get a grass block about 1/5 times. You get 5 grass whenever you win it and you get it about 1/25 times.
      Another fact, the percentages for astro doesn't add up to 100%. It is about 1.5% short of 100

10. Astrila

Oh my god I made sure i didnt calculate wrong but now i do it again i get 319,500 - still different to yours but very different from mine too.. 6 stacks of items is 384 aswell... i will edit my original post

Calculations were wrong... its much more intriguing now

11. Grayman

Grayman Experienced Member

I don’t open keys their trash I just sell them at /warp nightshop night storm gives a good price

12. Astrila

I think you'll find now that /warp asstro gives the best price for astro keys ;)

13. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Well it seems we now know that we’ve been selling them for too cheap (or the people buying them got a sick deal).