x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [Help] Website Charging Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lordeesti, Sep 8, 2019.

1. lordeesti

lordeesti Experienced Member

Alright so I’m pretty new to coding (not really). I code in HTML and was asked by someone to code them a website. They said they’d just need a price and they’d be willing to pay. I obviously could just charge him a big amount to profit a lot however I’m not like that. So I was wondering if charging like this is fair.
      I’d charge him 250$ for the initial code of the website itself. Then charge 30$ a month to constantly update the website with new images he’d like. Seeing as the website would be related to construction. The domain and site hosted are gonna be up for 3 years so that’s he 1080$ he’d pay me then around 250$ for the website and domain combined. Meaning I’d get paid around 1300$ in 3 years from him. Does that appear fair?

2. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

1300$ for a website? What a rip off. He could just go to wix.com and make one for free without needing to code anything.

3. Swift

Swift Boss Member

And with that the quality would be way less professional looking, if they're wanting a good looking website it's probably not the best idea to use wix.com.

Same thing with Enjin vs XenForo most big servers use Xenforo over Enjin even though most server hosts offer a month of Enjin for FREE with their server purchases but because it's less professional and doesn't have a lot of programming options set into it (even though it's built to support minecraft as one of it's main website themes) people rather spend $120 (I think Xenforo's license is) to be able to do more customization than to use Enjin.
      Don't even know how much was put into mineverse.com's themes and addons but I would assume they were not free since Geekxboy (no offense geek if you even use this still lol) set this website up (I'm 99% sure).

Free doesn't mean it's the best option to use.

4. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

I was making a joke...

What idiot would actually use Wix?

5. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Tell that to the idiots that do use wix?
      and it was a very unclear joke then lol especially when someone is asking for help.

6. rent

rent Tyler Moderator Premium

I also do coding via HTML and other reliable softwares. I've made initial coding for various YouTuber's websites and I charged $400 per coding. This was because of their fanbase of course. I'd say a suitable amount to charge for initial coding would be $200-$250 for sure especially with it being based on Construction, really high trade in the working industry. However with Construction being a massive trade, you could up the price depending on the quality of the coding and how well it implements into the website.

7. lordeesti

lordeesti Experienced Member

If I were to just use another website to make the website it’d have no meaning since I can just code it and it’d be fully customized. Plus I’m only charging 250$ for the code itself and 30$ per month to manage the website for 3 years which is how long the site would be up till this person renews it and he can choose to pay me again to manage the site.