x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Global Hidden Staff Members

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mega_, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Change the server so by default players can't see a moderators name while pressing TAB. Secondly, change it so when you start typing a staff members name you can't tab to autofill it. This would give staff members more anonymity from being spotted and called out making hackers stop hacking or leave.

This would be what happens by default but a staff member should be able to change it so it goes back to how it was before. This is extremely easy to do, you just need to do some editing with the user groups in essentials.

EDIT: This is toggleable, I'm sure not every single staff member would have this enabled. Also, for people saying no support because people need staff members, all you have to do is type "any staff online". Alternatively, there is still the /staff command to see which moderators are online and on which gamemode. Secondly, whenever I have been online and people were asking staff members questions they're usually ignored leaving members such as myself and other active players to help. Also, I think most people would agree that banning hackers is more important than helping people since a large number of hackers is the main reason people leave the server as soon as they join.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    2. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Neutral. When players are needing help with some situation and we look like default players, they won't know who to ask for help except for other players, many of which will ignore them. Secondly, even if we look like default players, they can easily check /staff to see if we're on, it's not hard, and there aren't many default players as most who play are ranked, so it won't be hard to tell who is staff if you just know a few names. This would be nice, but I don't see this doing too much.

3. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

No support, players need to be able to find us when they need us, even if it's a little bad when somebody calls us out while we're trying to catch a hacker, a lot of us have ways to not be spotted.

4. lokadd

lokadd Experienced Member

No support.

5. Surge

Surge Boss Member

No Support,

6. Benko

Benko Boss Member

you're retarded if you no support this

7. TronicTonic

TronicTonic Experienced Member

I would support this because I think that the community can handle a lot of help requests for just general info or other things, at least on the servers I know.

8. extender

extender Experienced Member

every hacker on this server knows to press tab LOL, mineverse mods saying no is kinda funny. It's like they want hackers, and simple solution to this is add something like /helpmod or helpop. Simple.

EDIT : If helpop spamming is an issue all you have to do is ban lmao.

9. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

Originally, I wasn't going to support this due to the fact that players will most of the time need a moderator to assist them in a variety of situations. Now, I'm definitely reconsidering my opinion for what extender has stated above.

To enlighten his statement above, /helpop is already added to the Kit PvP gamemodes (both of them), but limited to staff permission. If permissions were to be given to regular players to use this feature, I would assume a greater number of people would be using the helpful command. Like extender said, if a player were simply to abuse the command, a simple ban would be presented to the player. To add to that, you could also add a cooldown to the /helpop command so players are only permitted to use it every minute, 2 minutes, or whatever determined timestamp that fits for the situation.

But, in some cases, this could not work. Players may not know that the command exist, thus making it useless and a inefficient system. For a solution to this "issue", an automated message, or broadcast, can be added to mention the usage of the command to contact any available moderator. But if, by any chance, a player does not realize this feature in chat since they're distracted by PvPing or simply away from the gameplay at the time of the broadcast, signs or a floating text near spawn can indicate a player where to contact a moderator if necessary. If this is yet not enough, a player cannot realize after these two methods the command to use, another change could be done for players to notice. From my knowledge, every gamemode has a "welcome" message with the gamemode you're currently on and I believe a description of the gamemode. In that message, the /helpop command could be added to the content so players can realize the existence of the command. For all of those points, I think it's quite improbable that a player misses any kind of /helpop message pop-up at any time.

One last thing before I close my point, is that a moderator may not be on the gamemode where the /helpop request is being sent. A /helpop request is only seen on the gamemode you're playing, but to add on to the efficiency of this addition, /helpop can be used globally across the server the same way /friends is used across the server, or for a better example, the once existed /gmsg which allowed players to contact with friends wherever on the platform.

All of that said, I hope that whoever reads this or has no supported can be assured that with /helpop added to the public regarding to Mega's suggestion, this will not just keep the anonymity of a staff member, but also reassure that players can contact moderators while keeping them anonymous.

(It should be also clear that I also support Mega's suggestion as long as /helpop is used with his suggestion)

10. Levis

Levis Boss Member

No support, players need to know when Moderators are online whenever they need help.

11. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

No offence but in my personal experience, I've seen hundreds, maybe even thousands of members asking staff for help throughout my years on here and have simply been ignored leaving the community to answer their questions and helping. Also, I think most people would agree that banning hackers is more important than helping people since a large number of hackers is the main reason people leave the server as soon as they join.

12. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

Changing to support due to what ordi has said.

Also, players can use /helpop, but only staff can see the msgs. Which should stay that way, because than hackers will be alerted if we type anything in /helpop anyhow, and we like to chat in it quite a lot.

13. Saturns

Saturns best valorant player Premium

support lol

14. benji

benji Well-Known Member

no support.
      i dont like this idea

15. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Support, /helpop if you want help, /staff, ask for staff to msg you and a choice for moderators to be hidden so like /staffmodules to hide yourself.

16. amli

amli Boss Member

support ofc

17. Conquest

Conquest Active Member

Support, maybe with a new plugin that can be used to alert staff rather than using helpop.

18. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Support.

19. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Changing to support due to points brought up by others