x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Im so done

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by WIildeBob, Apr 4, 2017.

1. WIildeBob

WIildeBob Active Member

OK look. IM getting super annoyed with the lack of mods in the time that I play and alot of other people play. LEGIT I only see one or two mods but they only stay on for like 10 mins and sometimes AFK. Im talking about kitpvp2. The amount of hackers is insane! There are so many hackers that there isn't even any point in reporting them because they just come on another alt and hack again and again. IM getting killed by these hackers so much just because there are no mods. We need to hire more aussie mods. I always go on lobby and do /staff but no one is on. People have given up reporting these hackers and its gone out of hand really. Its so easy to hack on mineverse and minecraft. You have these b hopping speed hackers that make you just stay in spawn and sit there doing nothing because once you go pvp, you have like 5 hackers instantly killing you. There is really no solution to this since they have infinite amount of alts. I will be quitting mineverse soon mainly because of this situation with hackers on pvp servers.

2. amli

amli Boss Member

I understand what you mean, it must be a bit annoying playing in the Australian timezone when there is such a lack in Australian moderators. There are currently only 3 Australian mods so moderating this timezone can be a bit tricky. I've wont deny that I've been inactive recently and this is due to the excessive amounts of school work I have. I will try and log on a bit more.

3. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Nice rant.

4. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

kitpvp2 is a hacker's dream server.

5. WIildeBob

WIildeBob Active Member

Nice Reply to a Nice Rant

6. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Active Member

I see Scorvix on a lot in-game, like its insane how often he is in-game. He always helps players who come to him for help. He helps take care of the overwhelming number of hackers.

So if you ever see hackers, get Scorvix to take care of them.

7. Maxine

Maxine Well-Known Member

I know what you mean - being in AUS timezone with so little moderators must be annoying. The pressure is really on for AUS mods, and all of the staff members do try and help. We're currently looking for AUS mods, so don't think the struggle has gone unnoticed. I can see a few good candidates, so hopefully we might have a few more Australian moderators.

I'm going to be that typical person and say that recording hackers does help, because it really does. It eases the workload when people actually report the player instead of yelling loads of different names of hackers and being annoyed when we don't ban them straight away. KitPvp2 is insane, but we do try. There's only a limited amount of moderators, and we have lives too. Sorry for any inconvenience, but we try our best to make Mineverse better for you guys.

8. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Honestly, Skywars is the place to be.

9. Pink

Pink Well-Known Member

I understand what you are talking about, the main reason so many hackers are on Kitpvp2 is because of the Anti-Cheat. The Anti-Cheat on there is kinda bad in my opinion, it doesn't detect B-Hop good. And thats what the hackers do. But, the hackers Keep watching if a moderators come on, and when a Moderator comes on, the instantly toggle off, or log off. It has happen many times, when I join, they leave instant. Sometimes I get on a alt and watch them. I know, its very annoying. Just if they could probably add a better anti cheat, maybe the anti cheat that is on OpPvp, on OpPvp you can not B-hop. But, it is very annoying.

Yes, Mineverse needs more Auzzi mods

10. WIildeBob

WIildeBob Active Member

To be honest, the hackers dont car about being banned since they have unlimited accounts from mcleaks or something. But when a mod comes on and the hackers toggle off then its a good thing so the rest of us can actually play without getting killed by hackers. Basically as long as a mod is on, there will be no hackers.

11. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

well let's be honest, the hackers will keep on coming. We just need something that will stop them from impacting the server so much, such as some tweaking with the anti-cheat or more staff to control the flow of hackers online.

12. BrainStormBlitz

BrainStormBlitz Experienced Member

just quit mc it sucks

13. SlowPot

SlowPot Well-Known Member

You live in China? unless you play when the Australians are on..
      However, it's Minecraft what is the point recording and even wasting the time recording, and taking the time to upload let alone report. I live in Australia, and when it becomes over 10pm a moderator won't be seen online till 6am in the morning, it's very much needed a few new aussie moderators, Not only that, but there needs to be a plugin installed, for these MCLeak accounts to not be able to join because I know there is a plugin for it and it can be easily solved.

Another issue with McLeaks:
      People are going onto McLeaks all day bountying there alternate account the money they find on the McLeak accounts until the point it's in the tens of thousands and then just going on after a couple days of doing it and then just killing there alt on there main and collecting all the cash.

14. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

I don't think WildeBob lives in China. I live in Singapore, which shares a timezone with Australia (not the entire Australia but one part of it) GMT + 8.00

I understand what you're saying but usually I actually don't find too many hackers, maybe because I get on at a time when Moderators aren't online so much. (less players?)

McLeaks is a very frustrating thing, not too sure myself about if there's a way to prevent such things from happening.

15. Cake

Cake Experienced Member

only if noobcrew would do something about our anticheat. maybe implement a new mod hiring system instead of the old one.

16. SlowPot

He does live in China mate.

17. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Oh I see.

18. WIildeBob

WIildeBob Active Member

?

19. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

And if people like you continue to complain, it will definitely motivate the moderators, right? Wrong. Moderators are constantly being disrespected or looked down upon for their work. Understandably the staff team isn't fantastic. Minecraft staff team consists of a mother with a job and a son, and teenagers who are going through puberty. Hormones! Periods! A lot of moderators could step up their game. However, those who are doing a fantastic job are often looked down upon simply because at the moment you (or anyone else for that matter) noticed them online, and they didn't respond, they are automatically labeled as a ''bad moderator'' and the entire staff team is suddenly crap.

A ''hacked client'' or ''cheat client'' is easily created. Anti-cheat plugins are always fantastic and could potentially prevent a lot of ''hacks'' on any Minecraft server. If you look on Minecraft market websites (websites to hire developers, builders, server hosts etc) you will notice a lot of people requesting custom clients or selling them. It is difficult to counter all of those plugins.

A scenario that often plays out on Minecraft:

A cheat client is updated. The anti-cheat plugin developer updates their plugin as well. Great, solved! But darn.. now the people developing those clients can't sell them anymore. Time to update the client again!

That process repeats itself a couple of times a month. And I am fully aware that not all clients are paid for. In fact most are free. But if enough people make more clients each month (custom for one person, or to be shared to the Minecraft community) there will be little effect in installing an anti-cheat on Mineverse.

This all appears like I'm counterarguing what you've stated. And I am in a lot of ways. At the same time I agree. Some staff members could definitely step up their game sometimes. But as I mentioned, if they're constantly being hated on for breathing in the wrong direction then they aren't motivated as much as they previously were. It's kind of the parent child affect. Parent takes care of their teen son or daughter. Teen son or daughter yells and screams at them for..well..breathing in the wrong direction. And then the parents are left unmotivated to do anything FOR their child because the child is just gonna disrespect them for trying to help. Sure it brings awareness but in the last 3 years so many threads have done the exact same thing. And it obviously doesn't work. This isn't the navy. You aren't motivated by yelling and screaming. You are motivated by compliments and someone telling you that you're doing a good job.

In terms of the ''haCk3rss!!!'' we could hire a developer to take his time and develop a plugin to counter not all but most Minecraft clients. Or find one that is constantly supported and updated on Spigot. The problem with the popular (made popular by downloads, rating, support and updates) anti-cheat plugins is because they are so popular they are the ones that are looked at first by client developers. A lot of PvP servers, the more popular ones, have a very good and constantly updating anti cheat plugin installed on their server. Not downloaded off of spigot. But made specially for them. It wouldn't solve the entire problem. But reduce the chance of it happening. Because I do agree that Mineverse is being ''Captain Aftermath'' right now. And that's annoying.

• Like Like x 1
    20. SlowPot

I'm saying you live in china, and don't lie cause your dad, got a job there.