x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [Infection] Disabling PVP Within 5-10 Blocks of Spawn for Humans.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 3yerrt, Jun 15, 2015.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes.

26 vote(s)
      65.0%
    2. No.

11 vote(s)
      27.5%
    3. Maybe.

3 vote(s)
      7.5%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. 3yerrt

3yerrt Experienced Member

Preface: Hello everybody! 3yerrt here. As all you Infection players know, spawn killing is quite the problem on Infection, especially when fire aspect was added to MVP+. It has since been removed, but spawn killing still continues. It has been happening ever since Infection came around, and we have never found a way to solve it. Now, banning players for it is a bit harsh, because it is a bit of fun, right? Right? The main offenders are usually Gods and Titans, and when there are quite a lot of people online, quite a lot of people spawn camp. They don't understand that what they're doing is ruining the game. They think it's a bit of harmless fun, when really, it Pisses quite a lot of people off. Spawn killing/camping (Call it what you will) doesn't necessarily have to be a bunch of people at spawn killing you as soon as you step out the door, it is also people staying back and shooting people at spawn, thus, spawn killing them.

Idea: I've been thinking lately about an alternative solution to combat spawn camping. Now, if Noobcrew/Cyp were able to implement a plugin where it disables PVP within 5-10 blocks of spawn for HUMANS only, then I think this would deal with spawn camping quite well. If this happened, then zombies would actually get a chance to get out of spawn and gain some bearings on where the humans are and who their next target will be. Infection has lost popularity because of spawn camping. We find it hard to get new players interested because they can't even spawn without getting killed again. Infection is slowly dieing, and spawn killing is one of the main reasons this is happening! Now, if this could happen, it would annoy quite a lot of the "Infection noobs who bought Titan and think they're good" kind of people, as they LOVE to do this, because they don't realize the effect it has on Infection.

Conclusion: Many, many people would be incredibly grateful if this was implemented, because it is some added protection at spawn. Too many times do I play and the whole game is their only 5 zombies. BECAUSE they're getting spawn killed. This doesn't give them a chance to do anything, and it creates quite a boring game.

2. Akn

Akn Experienced Member

Support, this really needs to really be implemented.

3. SSMH

SSMH Legendary Member

Never thought of this before. Support.

4. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Legendary Member

5 blocks should be enough in my opinion.

5. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Definitely, that's all you need. Finally a solution, good job Yerrt :>

6. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

Yes.

I saw this suggestion sometime last year, or something like it. I'm really confused as to why it didn't get more recognition.

Fabulous idea. Support.

7. Exy

Exy Well-Known Member

Eh no support all you do @3yerrt I've seen you spawn camp a few times what a skid TBH

8. 3yerrt

I come back 2 days ago. Haven't been on in 6 months. I haven't spawn camped since a camp back and haven't for about a year...

9. 3yerrt

So you're basically not-supporting because you hate me and I "spawn camp"? Why would I make this thread if I'm one of the offenders. And I've also never seen you on Infection before.

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

You're joking, right?

11. gianni024

gianni024 Experienced Member

I do support but I also think that it might bring other problems such as people raging because everyone will 'spawn camp' if they're about to die.

12. 3yerrt

Eh, that might happen, but I doubt it. Would you rather spawn camping or people safezoning?

13. gianni024

I guess I misunderstood your idea lol as you're trying to stop spawn camping (and killing), sorry :p
      It's indeed a briliant idea to do this if it's only the humans who can't pvp there.

14. Diggy

Diggy Island Boy Premium

Support.
      Ikr ;-;

But can't this be abused by the zombies?
      Like they get hit several times and are about to die so they run back to that area?

15. Nubby

Nubby Well-Known Member

Naa no support, its apart of the game since zombies still respawn back to normal, either they can legitimately escape the spawn kill increase the count of zombies and exterminate the spawn killer, and if you are sure to add this.
      make sure that there are no bugs within this 5 blocks radius. Mineverse players are good at finding bugs and areas that cannot be reached by the zombies.
      ~Uni out

16. thorraks

thorraks Guest

Why dont u just make it so the first 5 sec you're invincible. No one would camp and no one would safezoning

17. gianni024

An even better idea

18. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

already is, not long enough.

19. GizzBots

GizzBots Well-Known Member

No support.

Zombies have two seconds of speed which is enough to get away from the spawn on certain maps. Spawn killing can be beneficial for both the zombies and the humans. If zombies continuously attack the humans, the humans can kill them. It's upto the humans if they want to spawn kill or not.

Furthermore, the only thing making spawn killing possible is donor kits as they keep the humans alive. Donor kit swords have KB on them(well, I know Titan and God swords do) which are enough to push any infected away. This can help the infected by getting them away from spawn.

Even more so, there is a few second delay after re spawning, giving the infected a few seconds to move away from the spawn.

20. GizzBots

GizzBots Well-Known Member

Yep well fight back. I've been playing infection for at least 30 minutes a day recently and I've seen no problem with it. In fact, I've even done it and I died. :ah

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.