x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Infection Release

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Noobcrew, Aug 31, 2019.

1. gabby

gabby Legendary Member

airstrikes :(

2. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

Now we just need zombie spawn protection

3. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

I think Absorption V (10 full golden hearts) for 3-5 seconds would work the best. So they aren't completely immune to damage

4. Rony

Rony Experienced Member

5. Wolfie

Wolfie Boss Member

Hopefully airstrikes get enabled again.

6. rawtalnt

rawtalnt Active Member

please actually

Attached Files:

7. benji

benji Well-Known Member

@Baby ours would be better :troll:

8. Squire

Squire Well-Known Member

Finally IP restricting was added. It's about time Mineverse cracks down on the hacker situation.

9. Red.

Red. Well-Known Member

what-do-you-normally-do-when-im-gone-wait-for-14671745.png

• Like Like x 1
    10. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

@Noobcrew

Played this for a few days now, I think you’ve gone the wrong way about stopping spawn killing and trying to even out the op humans spots.

You’ve used to buffs to combat the issue when really the problem was the maps, not the weak zombies and its actually had a bad effect. The heaps of hearts doesn’t combat spawn killing at all, people still do it every game and the speed doesn't stop op human spots because they require parkour in most cases which it made more difficult by the speed buff and by human arrows.

Effectively you’ve done nothing by buffing the zombies but making it very unfair for the people who want to play the game properly, the 3 lines of hearts means if you and your mates decide you want to camp or defend a house or corner the zombies can run in and kill you while you are helpless to their attack because they are op, op to combat spawn killer not to combat players.

What infection needs is well built maps, that arent built by selfish builders who only think of themselves and build op spots. Obviously there is some bais to this but Metropolis is the perfect example of how a map should play, plenty of nooks and crannies for people to hide in, the spawn is on top of an unreachable human spot to combat spawn camping (swords and arrows) and the map has been thoroughly tested for glitches and filled with invis blocks. It provides a premium level of gameplay that only certain other maps, match. Rust, Biomes, Towers, Cliff, Desert, Nuketown are all prime examples of how the old system worked well (without block glitching).

The bad maps which you have tried to combat with zombies buffs are still bad because will always be human terrain op, unless you give zombies fly nothing will change that. Winter, 1688, Overgrowth, Cherokee, Caves. Azteca is a prime example, you can still spawn camp while being protected on a tree, zombie buffs do nothing.

You either need to go through the maps with some experienced players and let them show you where the op spots are and invis blocks them, then get them to show you common block glitching spots and invis block them too or removed human sided maps and only accept maps with less human/zombie bais.

#zombiebuffsareuseless #removezombiebuffs #nerfzombies

• Like Like x 1
    11. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

I agree with everything but did you just put caves as a human terrain map???

12. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

I get the two underground ones confused my bad, the one with the lava is human op and the other one is nice and ballanced. But is now ruined for people who want to pvp becuase zombies can get everywhere with 3 rows of hearts.

13. SSMH

SSMH Legendary Member

I agree with 99% of what you said, but I don't really get your argument on the "overpowered" zombies...

The adsorption and extra row of hearts only last a few seconds after the zombies spawn.

I'll give you an example: Running non stop from the spawn in Caves and the lava parkour is roughly the same time the additional buff lasts. So it's not overpowered, in the sense that zombies who reach the end of the parkour - where the humans camp - are not invincible and take regular damage as they did before.

14. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

Thats a long way, The adsorption and extra row of hearts lasts anywhere in the smaller maps. With the speed you can cover large distances, pretty much every map has completely useless spots now, all the buildings on Biomes, Towers, Desert, Metro, Carnival, CoastalCliff, 1688, Cherokee, Azteca are useless, nuke has no ground game anymore, its all bow, you can reach both houses in nuketown completely buffed up.

Need more physical spawn protection not zombie buffs. I killed @Scorvix single handedly when he was in kit titan, not becuase he can't pvp (hes one of the best infection players) becuase I had that many rows of hearts he couldn't kill me.

15. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

I didnt feel like arguing, first off.
      Second off i just havent had many problems with spwn killing? I dont really see what youre on about, the few times ive seen people spawn camping it usually only last about 30 seconds, because the alpha has sharp 4 and a bunch of extra hearts and will eventually kill sum and then the camping will eventually end. Third off, theres a few maps where you can HIT zombies off spawn from pprotection, the only times youre really going to get any kills is from afk zombies so i feel like the wgole "zombie buffs need to be removed" was a moot point. Fourthly I disagree that zombie buffs need to be removed, but i do agree with the maps, they arent great. Humans should either all die or only have 1-2 left. Its just i disagree with "zombies need nerfs"
      Lastly, i didnt respond cause i felt like youd be slightly annoying.

PS: The buffs were never put in for zombies to "combat the bad maps" where humans have advantage, only to stop spawn camping...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    16. SSMH

SSMH Legendary Member

Whatever @Torch suggested about the maps is correct. There are some really boring maps for humans and zombies alike. Zombies: when they can't access a spot if humans keep shooting them. Humans: when the zombies stop trying/don't bother at all (to a lesser extent).

I'll reiterate some maps he mentioned: Azteca, Cherokee, Winter. Take away the aesthetics and you get one similarity: too many tree parkours.

What I'd propose as well would be to have a survey from the people on the ground (that's us by the way) who've been playing the maps since the 31st of Aug and let us determine the maps which give us terrible gameplay, and respective adjustments to these maps/other maps that would make them better. Removing the map completely is also an option.

Pardon me for saying this, but that's if you choose to camp at the buildings right next to the zombie spawn. Regarding Towers: I see no issue in camping at the lava or cobblestone trees, heck even at the second tower for that matter.

That's why I don't really get your point on spawn camping. If you know the zombies have been buffed with absorption, why continue camping near spawn?

Anyway I don't want to start a war about this: it is what it is now.

Bottom line:

I'll just leave you with this: you're looking at the issue on spawn camping in retrospect to current circumstances - there's only slightly less than 30-40 people above p1 at the moment. Once (more) people get their fire swords, eggs and what not, I don't see spawn camping as an issue anymore. And humans will be taking smarter approaches regarding their survival - by not staying at the houses near spawn at all!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2019
    17. Robo

Robo Well-Known Member

Agreed. I am making a map and I got a few people to test out if there will be any block glitch spots or op spots that shouldn't be there. I believe all mapmakers should do this.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

I have no problem with spawn camping and it still happens a lot, I have an issue that the "fix" for spawn camping vastly affects other gameplay. People have to resort to tree hugging because the ground if full of op zombies and will only be made worse by more prestige people because then even the tree huggers won't be safe.

Please make sure the spawn is in a place that can't be camped.

19. SSMH

SSMH Legendary Member

Ok. I misunderstood you, you must have been talking about the "Spawn-snipe" "issue". I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. As it seems to me this doesn't affect the gameplay of people who don't AFK at all.

All these tree huggers are doing is trying to get killstreaks from the zombies who are AFK. I am positively confident that there is no other intention of "Spawn-sniping" other than that. Why waste your arrows on zombies who aren't AFK, with zero chance of killing them? Isn't it better to save them for when zombies invade your camping spot? Not the case for AFK zombies. They're free kills, and that is what incentivises people to "Spawn-snipe" - no malicious intent here at all.

And we have come full circle.

1. Humans spawn camp the zombie spawn with their kits <sup>1</sup>
      2. Crew gives the zombies extra hearts to combat this issue
      3. Humans who spawn camp get overwhelmed, learn their lesson, and resort to what I call "Spawn-sniping"
      4. Zombies at spawn (who are not AFK) are still not killed because of the buff given to them in 2)

And with regards to the extra hearts, like I said; live and adapt, choose not to camp at areas near spawn, then. There's also a reason why human bows are so much more powerful than their melee weapons, if you're choosing to camp.

---

Note:

<sup>1</sup>: I just can't help getting the last word, but, kits were majorly nerfed since Infection 2.0. [Titan] armor lost one level of Protection. And it goes down accordingly through the ranks.

20. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Experienced Member

Yessss I'm so glad this is back.