x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • OCE JhowTheSloth's Re-Application.

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Jhow, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

[​IMG]

How old are you?

I am currently 14, turning 15 in 2 months.

Your in-game name:

My In-game name is JhowTheSloth

What timezone are you in?

UTC/GMT +9:30

What country do you live in?

I live in Australia.

What language(s) do you speak?

I speak fluent English.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
      I use Bandicam to record which is easy to use and the quality of the videos are great which can be helpful when spotting hacks. For taking screenshots I use Prnt which is fast and easy to use.

Do you have 2FA enabled? True/False
      True.

[​IMG]

Why do you think you should become mod?
      I think I should be moderator because I feel that I am ready to handle the responsibilities of moderator once again. During my last few weeks that I was moderator, I had some big issues in real life and couldn't be bothered with really anything which caused me to resign. I now feel a lot better and believe I can handle the job. Here a few of my traits that I believe will help me moderate.

Active:
      I believe I am pretty active usually spending 2-5 hours on the server a day, allowing me to moderate the server quite a bit while catching a fare few rule breakers as well. I'm on the forums for about 2-7 hours as I have easy access to it. I quite often hop through game modes but I usually spend most of my time on op pvp, infection and towny.

Trustworthy:
      I consider myself to be a trustworthy person, I have friends that tell my pretty personal things knowing that I will never tell anyone no matter what. When I was a moderator I never once leaked a thing that I was not meant too.

knowledge:
      being an ex-moderator I believe I am knowledge enough for this position as I know pretty much all if there are any new or changed commands I don't believe they will be and trouble to learn.

Mature:
      Since the last time I was mod I have been quite immature. Recently I have been acting more mature but I don't know if some of you have noticed it yet. I don't believe someone can change from being immature to mature it's just about controlling it, I Skype a fare few mods and they can be quit immature in the calls compared to in game because they can control it and they know when the right time is to be immature. Previously I was the same person as I was when I was mod but before I didn't care about being immature, now I do and I can promise you that I won't be immature unless I Skype call you and we are close friends.

Friendly:
      Being friendly is a good trait to have when being a moderator because Players, especially new ones like to hang out and talk to mods and no player wants to be treated poorly by staff. If Cyp promoted rude and mean staff, it would give Mineverse a bad name which make the player count decrease.

Hacks:
      Considering I have used a client, I know hacks pretty well. When I was moderator a large part of my job was to find hacks, after doing it for 4 months my eye sight for hacks improved.

[​IMG]

How long can you be on the server everyday?
      I am usually on the sever 1-6 hours a day. At the end of each month my mum never pays the internet bill so I don't have internet for 4 days, I usually use these 4 days to catch up of work, clean my room and things like that.

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I started playing Mineverse September 2014 so 2 years and a bit. I believe being an old player helps to be moderator as I know the server pretty well allowing me to help players and answer more questions.

Have you ever been banned? (forums & in-game)
      Yes I have been banned probably around 6 times in total. What I was banned for were stupid acts that I made because I was at a point where I thought I was going to leave the server but I ended up staying, even though that is still no excuse I would like to promise you that I have learnt my lesson and I can assure you that I will no longer be breaking any rules.

Do you have any past experience of moderator?
      Yes, I was moderator for 4 months until I resigned. Having 4 months experience it has really showed me how to moderate which will help if I was to be re-promoted.

Outro:
      Thank you all who have read my re-application, I would like ask for forgiveness on my previous stupid acts and give me another chance. I would like to thank those who have helps me with my decision to apply and if I do get promoted I won't let you down.
      Please fill free to give me constructive criticism as I'm open for suggestions.
      thank you once again :)

2. elrak

elrak Legendary Member

I give you my full support.

I understand that you've been salty for the past few months or so but every past moderator usually is, the community can be pretty toxic at times and I understand that. I've been seeing you in-game non stop and we desperately need new AUS mods. You're active, respectful and you already have enough experience to moderate, I'd be happy to see you back on the team. :)

3. BlackZone

BlackZone Boss Member

Aye,
      I was meant to be first.
      Jhow you know what my answer is!!! <3

4. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Thank you both means a lot <3

5. alma

alma Boss Member

Jhow I love you and I'm sorry but right now I can't support you. You know why and how I feel.

I'm not going to be bias just because we're close.
      Whelp, here comes the hate.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    6. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Neutral, I've seen you be really immature sometimes :p.

7. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

I respect your reply, even though I disagree with most of it.
      Thank you for your reply, I can promise you that you won't see that side of me again.

8. alma

alma Boss Member

Lol the bs in this reply Jhow. After you have a go at me on skype for not supporting you. Don't give the 'I disagree with what you're saying' when what I said here and on skype is true. You don't respect or care about my reply.

9. BlackZone

BlackZone Boss Member

Please don't start a flame war, this not a warzone this is a Mod App.
      (Warning to everyone)

10. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

No support.
      I agree with Alma actually. To me, I won't judge you based on how you attempted to trick me in Towny before, etc., but I have noticed that you're recently pretty disrespectful to staff members and other players too, being rude to them. You've also gotten less into the habit of helping people out.

@Alma Could you blur the names of Jhow's and yours' Skype names and just screenshot the part of where Jhow was being salty as what you said (proof)?
      But it's a BlackZone :p And I don't think it's going into a flame war yet, but good thing you stopped anything from happening here :)

11. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Thank you for your reply, I don't actually remember ever being disrespectful to a staff member because I actually love them. I did sometimes jokingly tease close friends that were staff but would never have meant it. I haven't really been helping people out but that's because I had no interest in going for mod until a couple days ago. Thank you once again for your reply and I hope to see you in game :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    12. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Support

It's not bragging if you can back it up, Jhow knows what it takes to be staff: It takes a passionate, hard-working, and a motivated individual. Jhow is that and more.

13. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Thanks matt means a lot <3

14. FearTheKlowns

FearTheKlowns Well-Known Member Premium

Support! You are well known.

15. Jhow

Jhow Boss Member

Thanks fear <3

16. CrystalConduct

CrystalConduct Experienced Member

Support because you live in my hometown. <3