USA Lamborghiniii's Moderator Application 2.0

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Lamborghiniii, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! As you guys already know, I'm planning on being something more beneficial than just a member in this community! I've been planning on applying but never really found the right time, and, I was always so overwhelmed with school work. However, now that school is nearly over, I've decided this is the perfect time to apply! So, without further ado, welcome to my 2.0 Application!

In-game name: Lamborghiniii
    What timezone are you in? North American East
    What country do you live in? America
    What languages do you speak? Arabic / English / Spanish ( not too fluent )
    Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? I have access to easily capturing screenshots, and recording videos (e.i Bandicam and other programs)

Why do you think you should become a mod?

Here is why I think I'm definitely a good fit for a Helper/Moderator position, and I'm going to keep this articulate and concise. Throughout my long experience and history in this game(4-5 years), I've seen lots of inappropriate and foul language, and I too, have seen lots of members exploiting and taking advantage over the fact no staff members were online. I personally believe this network has potential and the necessary means of becoming a server with a multitude amount of players playing consistently and daily. However, the staff team needs an upgrade/expansion. I personally believe that just primarily based off of my manners and exceptional characteristics, I'm more than just qualified for any staff rank. I have an exceptional amount of experience in moderating servers, and I genuinely believe I'm capable of exemplifying my utmost dedication and perseverance within this server. I absolutely avoid all variations of procrastination and my prioritization skills are a skill set I will unquestionably use in this server. I judge peoples problems by observing each opposing side and taking into account of all non-bias factual information and evidence. I feel that's a quality an ideal staff member should have. I have access to both Discord and Skype, so communicating with the staff team won't be a problem for me! I also have access to Bandicam and numerous other programs that would essentially help me and the server. I'm confident, ambitious, and most definitely willing to dedicate any given portion of my day serving this community! I have absolutely no
    recent history of violating the player code of conduct here at this network, and I plan on it staying that way. I, too, believe that not only am I capable of helping this server astronomically, but I also plan on assisting the staff team in their problems. As a staff team, I believe we should set aside our differences and provide the valuable players of this network a comfortable and enjoyable atmosphere here in this server!

How long can you be active on the server every day?

As a dedicated member, I've played this server almost daily but was interrupted by my school which may explain some inactivity. Regardless, however, I finished all my projects, tests, and majority of the school's curriculum, and decided to return back to this server. I'm most definitely capable of playing this server daily and consistently, even if it means I quit other multiplayer games. The positive and optimistic community that greeted me here at this server is what inspired my stay at this network, and I plan on staying and genuinely helping those who helped me in the past! Regardless, however, here is my schedule!

Schedule:

Monday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Tuesday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Wednesday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Thursday: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Friday: 6:00PM - 1:00AM ( Frequent breaks involved)

Saturday - Sunday: 1:00PM - 8:00PM (frequent breaks involved)

If I somewhat encounter a one time change in the schedule I mentioned above, I will most definetely inform an H.R

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I began playing this addicting server since 2014 ( Approximation since my memory just isn't too fast! ). I do plan on staying on this server for an extended amount of time, and, I too, plan on positively impacting this server whenever I'm on!

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

Unfortunately, yes, I've been banned In-game. As a 9-10-year-old, I most definitely have experience in hacking. I was banned in the Parkour server for attempting to fly (stupid, I know), however, as time passed, I never really enjoyed exploits too much and decided to remove them permanently. I understood the consequences and repercussions it caused to myself and others in the community. Regardless, I take my experience in exploiting as a positive benefit for myself as a staff member since I'm capable of easily differentiating between players who exploit and those who don't.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

I've played Minecraft for over 6 years, and I have an exceptional amount of experience in moderating servers. Whether it was development, moderation, or perhaps maybe even managing a server, I believe I'm capable of exemplifying my utmost experience in any of those stated fields in this exceptional network.

Blockdrop: Moderator ( 6 months: resigned)

Bosscraft: Moderator ( 3 months: resigned)

Snowcraft: Administrator (2-3 weeks: resigned)

CraftyMC: Sr. Moderator ( 6-7 weeks: demoted due to inactivity ( server shut down a few days later )

I myself developed some effective and useful plugins for many servers, and I have a long history for managing my own servers!

I resigned for nearly all of the following server because of the insane amount of schoolwork I've been given the past 3 months (Alas, summer has arrived! :happy:)

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?

Fortunately, yes, I do happen to meet all the requirements!

Do you have 50 Post Counts?

Yes, I have over 50 Post Counts!

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?

Yes, I do have Two Factor Authentication enabled!

Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?

Yes, I do have over 2 weeks worth of registration on the Mineverse forums!

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?

Yes, I do indeed have access to both communicatory programs!

Conclusion:

So, in conclusion, I personally believe I can benefit this server in a positive way astronomically with my sense of undeviating professionalism. I have what it takes to be active every day, and I genuinely think I'd be a positive difference in this server. I have an extensive amount of moderation history and I can easily differentiate between those who violate rules and those who don't. I make decisions primarily based off of factual evidence and no bios info. If I manage to get this rank, I'd be completely content and I'd implement my utmost sincerity and professionalism into this volunteering position.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you all so much for reading! Have a wonderful rest of your day/evening!

:););):)

Best regards,

- Lamborghiniii

• No Support No Support x 12
    • Support Support x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 4
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 4:03 PM
  2. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Senior Moderator Senior Moderator

Minecraft accounts: i_am_youtuber
    Senior Moderator
    I'm sorry but right now I can't support you.

You just hit 50 posts, now normally this wouldn't be such a drawback for me but this leads me to a few other drawbacks.

You see as soon as you joined forums you created a mod app and it got denied because you didn't meet the requirements.

After your app was denied you started posting a lot, so much so that it was classified as post farming.

I warned you for it, and you fought me on this warning, saying things like that you were "just trying to make the forums a more lively place" and "have had years of moderation experience".
    Now I kept the warning on even though you had fought me on it because it was a valid warning.

However with you making this moderator application the minute you hit 50 posts, I belive what you were telling me was in fact not true, and any "activity" you've been having has mostly been to simply increase your post count.

This compiled with the fact that you wish to fight that much over something as simple as a warning tells me right now, you simply wouldn't be a good fit on the mod team.

I'm sorry if any of this seems harsh but this is simply how I see it, maybe you can change my mind on a later date.

3. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

I respect your constructive criticism. This all seems too fast, and I 100% agree with you. However, the only explanation I can give you is this.

Of all servers, I respect this one the most. As a child, I dedicated lots of my time on this server with my old friends. It's an amazing feeling to revisit that one community you loved as a 10-year-old, and that's what motivated me.

I'm really ambitious about this volunteering position. For once in my life, I'd like to do something beneficial online even if it's for a Minecraft community. @i_am_youtuber

I'd like to hear other valued opinions on my application.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019 at 12:49 AM
  4. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

5. OhSkqy

OhSkqy Member

Minecraft accounts: OhSkqy
    Haha I cringed like hell on this app
    It literally sounds like some 7th grader trying to cram in all the big words he can find so he sounds more sophisticated.
    Sorry, but LOL, here's an example:
    LMAO
    You may reply with something like, "I have a big vocabulary", but no one talks like that, you're just humiliating yourself

For this reason alone, I can tell you're not fit for this position and I feel like you're trying to sound more mature than you actually are. Plus, I don't think you're that mature (going off of your application and i_am_youtuber's comment).

EDIT: haha the fact that you're 14 makes this all the more hilarious and cringeworthy

No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support

No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support
    No Support

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019 at 3:20 PM
  6. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

Thanks for your feedback!

7. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

Alright, I hope you have a great rest of your evening, and may you have a productive, beneficial, and awesome day tomorrow.

Also, for the record, trying to implement a sense of professionalism within what I say in this community isn’t humiliating.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019 at 3:57 AM
  8. Accept

Accept Senior Moderator Senior Moderator

Minecraft accounts: Acceptation
    Senior Moderator
    Alright, I'm not going to comment on your post count because in all honesty I think it should be lowered as a requirement, also not going to judge you because you're new because you can still know how to do the job.

With that being said, I'm going to go with neutral.

I quite like your experiences as a staff member, especially the one on Blockdrop as it's quite a bigish server and the fact that you stayed for 6 months is quite surprising as I find it quite a toxic server, which just shows me that you can handle this server.

I've seen you in-game quite a bit which is also a good factor.

The only thing I'm scared of is that you are sounding way more mature than you actually are, I know I could be wrong but I feel you potential googled some of the words and never actually use them.

As I said I could be wrong though so feel free to comment back if I am. Good luck.

9. Boobalyboo

Boobalyboo Moderator Moderator

I’ll have to go with neutral due to the reasons above. I also havent seen you in game all that much, but that may be cause of clashing scheduled. All else said, I wish you good luck.

10. hannah

hannah Well-Known Member

Minecraft accounts: canting
    no support, i don’t trust people who say they can be active from 6pm to 1am because those are the mods that go inactive

11. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

Frequent breaks involved

Thanks for the feedback though!

That's' completely fine! Although I'm on OP-PVP most of the time, I find that completely okay. Thanks for your feedback

I genuinely appreciate the fact you took the time to write this. I completely understand your feelings. My school has this program that enables you to expand your vocabulary list, and if you already guessed I'm in enlisted in it.

Thank you all for giving me your honest feedback!

Keep em coming guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019 at 1:51 PM
  12. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

Also, my recent history with the server's code of conduct may have changed a little, hope it doesn't interfere with my overall chances of acquiring this position.

13. ATruePitato

ATruePitato Moderator Moderator

I'm going to be completely honest with this application by giving you a no support. You seem like a very nice person and you seem like you really want to help the server, however, I've seen your vocabulary and such. It's very good for a 14 year old, and I don't clearly understand some of them. You can use apps like Grammarly and also just Google them up like @Accept stated. However, I saw your post that you have a school program which helps you expand your vocabulary which I quite don't believe, sadly.

Also, the fact that you got denied before for lack of requirements, I saw you posting at a fast rate to catch up to 50 posts which is basically Post Farming. Even @i_am_youtuber had warned you but you decided to argue with him when you shouldn't. That's one of the main reasons I'm giving you no support.

14. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

I don't know what to say, other than the fact I appreciate you giving your honest feedback. Clearly, I made a mistake arguing to @i_am_youtuber about whether I was post farming or not. I guess I was just eager to submit my application, and I'll be honest, I was. I personally believe that by using the best vocabulary words I have ( which I don't acquire off of a thesaurus), I would elevate my chances at getting this position.

I'm simply trying to be as articulate ( well spoken) as I possibly can. I'm very ambitious over doing something productive this summer, and I believe the first step towards benefitting the people around me, is acquiring this rank here at this server. I genuinely love this server and I'm passionate about it. That's why I'm more than just qualified.

So far the score for my application is 6(negative)-0(positive), and some neutrals. All I can say is thank you all for giving me your honest feedback. Once again, thanks @ATruePitato for giving your honest, concise opinion about my application.

Thanks once again <3

15. OhSkqy

OhSkqy Member

Minecraft accounts: OhSkqy
    If you want to be articulate on your application, use words that fit what you're trying to say in your sentence and actually sound like a human is saying it. For example, when you say "which I don't acquire off a thesaurus", you are using acquire as a synonym for "get". While this may hold true, no one talks like that and its obvious that you are looking these words up, or don't know what they fully mean.
    I would have thought higher of your application if you used the words correctly, but your plethora of incorrect or ill-fitting usage revealed that you don't actually have experience using those words, and you most likely copied off a synonyms website.
    My reason for no support is only partly due to your abhorrent use of vocabulary but is also due to my 6th sense telling me that you're just one of those kids who think they are smart. Whilst this may not be the case, I don't think you're a good fit for this position.
    You're not establishing a sense of professionalism. This is a Minecraft server, and your effort to make yourself seem more mature makes you seem fake.
    Next time, I would recommend coming off as more personable and authentic, as someone that others can relate to.

by the looks of it, I don't think you're gonna get mod lol
    As of now, I am still a...

NO SUPPORT

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019 at 10:26 PM
  16. Alex

Alex Boss Member Premium

Minecraft accounts: HeyitsAlexa Homicidal
    Sorry if this comes across rude, but do you type like this all the time? Reading this application reminded me of reading one of my university essays after I’ve had a thesaurus open for hours to make it seem smarter.

Yes, you want to appear professional when moderating a server, but it’s also great to relax and use a bit of slang here and there to come across as approachable to our (especially younger) players.

17. TurtleKeeper22

TurtleKeeper22 Active Member

Neutral. Your application is very long which contradicts what you said "I'm going to keep this articulate and concise." Overall it seems like you googled all of these words but at least some of them that I saw were used correctly. As @i_am_youtuber said that you argued with him shows the quality in you that do not want to listen to authority, which makes me believe you would not be able to handle the stress of being a moderator and possibly abuse you power. Lastly, the fact that you have exploited before is a drawback because it shows that you deliberately tried to interfere with the fairness in Mineverse. Therefore, I believe you should gain more experience on Mineverse and play other servers with in it, since I mainly see you on OP PVP. However, I love your honesty and willingness to accept criticism.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019 at 9:27 AM
  18. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

I may have taken it too far, I guess. I just really want this position. I've always implemented a sense of professionalism in every place I've ever volunteered, even at the hospital. As a 10-year-old, I joined this server and was greeted with utmost positivity and optimism. I want to give more than just a thank you to this community. Thanks for your feedback guys!

19. Lamborghiniii

Lamborghiniii Member

Also, what's up with everyone saying I googled it. I'm in a private school, and I'm in this program that enhances my speaking and writing. I don't want to appear as some smart kid who aces his classes or whatnot. I'm just trying to be as mature and professional as possible. I mistakenly argued with a staff member, and I completely regret it.

Thanks once again

20. Alex

Alex Boss Member Premium

Minecraft accounts: HeyitsAlexa Homicidal
    It’s okay to want to sound professional, but don’t think this is the way to do it because I’m sure you have a great way of communicating! Just be yourself -something I wish I learnt when I first got promoted here. People will like you better and will want to come to you for help if you’re authentic. :)