x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Lamborghiniii's Moderator Application 2.0

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Lamborghini, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Emilly

Emilly Active Member

No support

2. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

Thank you all so much for your feedback! <3

3. Sexiii

Sexiii Active Member

no support

4. Lamborghini

If i recall, i believe you already gave the same feedback a few days ago, regardless though, thanks for your feedback! <3

5. Lamborghini

I'm seeking higher ranking members attention. I will stop, and I sincerely apologize.

;p

6. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

No Support

7. Lamborghini

Thanks for your feedback @Ace123jimbob(OG), but do you mind maybe putting a little more context to the decision you made? Thanks! <3

8. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Yeah sorry, reasons above mainly state why you don’t desurve staff but from my meetings with you ingame you seem to be a nice guy, best of luck.

9. Lamborghini

Thank you so much for your feedback, and good luck to you! :) <3

10. Feurin

Feurin Boss Member

Oh, just so you know, moderators and what not can see deleted posts, they don’t really appreciate it - atleast from experience.

11. Lamborghini

Understood

12. FearTheKlowns

FearTheKlowns Well-Known Member Premium

I agree. However, I'll stick to neutral since you have a lot of mod experience and keep working on it since I never knew you. Get me more to know about you and I'll consider about it.

13. Lamborghini

Thank you so much @FearTheKlowns, I will create a thread to introduce myself more formally, thanks once again for your honest feedback! <3 :)

14. Lamborghini

@8top Thanks for your feedback! Do you mind possibly including some context to your decision? Thanks! <3 ;p

15. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

No support.

Just want to say before I begin - I love every point @OhSkqy makes, thank you for representing and defending our language and making such exceptional points. I don’t see this kind of analysis often, and it’s exactly how I used to judge (and still do) people. It’s refreshing to see. Language doesn’t lie, and a person’s traits can either be brutally betrayed by language or defended and shrouded with professionalism.

As for you, and this application. I’m merely a mirror of most of the no supports. You write like a professional, and you respond like you’re “handling criticism well”, but in reality - I’m pretty sure you’re a charlatan doing this out of eagerness, not genuiosty. I know, I know you’ve “already addressed your eagerness”, but so what? You shouldn’t be using “I’m eager” as an excuse to barely meet requirements. I remember my first application, I applied because I was eager - and at that time - exactly the same as you; clutching at every antonym and synonym I could find to try and fool the reader into thinking I was something I wasn’t.

I find it ridiculous and slightly worrying that people are supporting you for your “handling of criticism”, as this doesn’t reflect maturity - only a lack of self-destructiveness and a realisation that if you bite the hand that feeds you, you won’t achieve your goal.

Now, I’m on my phone, so please excuse me when I say I haven’t scowered your posts like I normally would to understand your reputation, but instead I have carefully looked at your “handling of feedback”, and I can make a conclusion pretty easily. When somebody like @OhSkqy continually wears you down (like they should, it’s their prerogative), you began to correct THEIR grammar. However this was ONLY seen after multiple replies which doesn’t only suggest you fail to have patience with continuous negativity towards your case, but also that your mask is slowly slipping, and the thesaurus is failing to cover your immaturity. Your ecstatically synthetic replies to those supporting you also suggests this.

Now, now, I might be overthinking this - but that’s what I’ve be “trained” to do in order to succeed, and from what I’ve learnt in my experience, this kind of use of language connotes the opposite of what you are intending. So I completely agree with the majority when I say this (apologies for my bluntness) is almost laughable, or on a more pessimistic side - a mockery.

Please excuse my sadism when I say this, but I hope you aren’t let off the hook with this one and I hope you take this as a learning lesson and that you return in a while having defined yourself more.

Good day.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    16. Lamborghini

First off, I want to appreciate the fact you took the time to write this out. Thank you for your feedback. However, I don't understand why everyone believes I used the internet to enhance my writing skills. My writing skills doesn't cover up for my immaturity, in fact, you'd have to know me at a certain level to understand whether I'm mature or not. My level of maturity doesn't correspond with how I replied to those messages above ( I just wanted to address some points the previous people mentioned above) Regardless, however, I simply have a different level of vocabulary and I don't see how that can decrease my chances of getting this opportunity. My eagerness for this position is 100% built on the foundation of my ethical perspective as to how I should give back to this community. As I've mentioned above, I believe this community acts as an incentive for me, and from an ethic perspective, I'm to give back what's been given to me. Thank you for taking the time to compose the wonderful feedback above, thanks once again! <3 ;p

__________________________________________________________________________

I want to take the time to appreciate all your constructive feedback. My absolute main goal is to not backfire an argument or something, but to take your feedback into consideration and perhaps maybe even use it to my advantage. I've gotten lots of no supports and I'm completely fine with that. So once again,

thank you.​

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    17. Accepted

Accepted Well-Known Member

What feedback did I give?

18. Lamborghini

I could've sworn you either rated my application or wrote a message ( mods like to frequently visit my app and edit certain things around ). I'm sorry if I caused you any inconvenience!

19. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

This is literally a stereotype magazine... I'm afraid I've heard a couple of these clichés a few too many times. I honestly don't think you've taken anything I've said into account.

As for your point about about having to know you at a certain level, I'm afraid this isn't true. Subjects like Advanced English Language wouldn't exist if this was the case? That's what annoys me so much about this application. It's tripping my warnings... Your writing isn't grammatically or semantically sound, and so when you write like this, it either means 1 of 2 things:
      1. You are incapable of writing formally
        1. In my eyes - this immediately makes me lack support for this application, as positions like this require initial communication through typing, and if you cannot do this to perfection, your professionalism is affected. Now normally, it's absolutely fine if you are incapable of writing to perfection, as it's rare to possess such a skill, but in your case - your writing is ambiguous and obscure, and on a severe scale. This is not ideal whatsoever for this position, and needs amended.
      2. You are trying to sound smart
        1. This is what I think you're doing, it's clear you've had thesaurus.com open in another tab whilst going through this. Like @OhSkqy said, the only explanation for such semantic failure is either you don't understand basic language, or you're trying to sound overtly and overly-smart.
        2. This, obviously, shows a multitude of negative and undesirable traits.
      As for my other neglected points, you're only proving them by sending this reply. Your behaviour is that of a new forum member wanting the position of moderator. People like this usually claim they "want to help" and want to "give back", etc. Hence my point of this being a stereotype magazine.

Your responses are synthetic, and it's beyond clear. The longer you keep this façade up the more damage you're doing to a reapplication. You should learn from this, and actually make note of your feedback, not "perhaps maybe even use it to your advantage". Your application's statistics should be pretty clear at the moment, not to be blunt.

20. Lamborghini

I will take your feedback into consideration, however, I don't understand how trying to be professional somehow translates into trying to act smart? You're argument is entirely built on the foundation of uncertainty or possibility. You can't know for certain that I had a thesaurus on my google tabs while writing my application.

Here's what I learned from your constructive feedback.

1. I will avoid professionalism, and will not try to act intelligent
      2. I will look for ways to improve my writing

Thank you for your feedback, ;p <3

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.