x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA Lamborghiniii's Moderator Application 2.0

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Lamborghini, Apr 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

My sincerest thanks, tubes.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    2. Lamborghini

Thank you @Sando3 for rating my application positively!

3. Winnfield

Winnfield Boss Member

I'm not the kind of person to not make a reply. If somebody replies to me, I will respond - hence my involvement with this thread.
      Of course. I do think he would make a good moderator, but the problem is that he's applied right away and that normally never results in a good moderator... It shows the wrong intentions. @Lamborghiniii Every point I've made can be summarised by saying I think you're capable, you've just applied instantly, and this in conjunction with the obscurity of your writing doesn't reflect who you could be... I think if you were to apply in 4 weeks or something, with a few hundred posts under your belt, then that would be a great showcase of motivation, my points were that I cannot see this motivation other than through your alleged motivation... Hence the picking at language etc.

This is a good point, whether you mean to or not - it makes you seem insincere and "fake" if you will... I'd rather see someone who is blunt but themselves. But hey - that's just me.

This is actually quite impressive? Put this in your application? Like jeez.
      It's hardly advertising and I'd be horribly disappointed if somebody penalised you for linking this with clear context.

Most of my points summarise the opposite of this - he's breezing past the feedback in my opinion. As for the majority of my posts here, they've been in response to a question he's asked. I will take your position into account, I'll most likely be unwatching this thread now as my feedback has reached a climax...

4. Lamborghini

I completely understand your point of view. I for one think it was to soon, however I really believe I have the necessary means of making a good moderator; if it means being consistently active, then so be it. I took this whole ‘too soo’ argument into consideration even before I applied. I just barely met the requirements, but I seriously have the dedication required to be apart of the MV community as a staff member. I plan on proving myself correctly if I happen to get this position. I thank you though for giving my application some strong constructive feedback! Thanks once again..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    5. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

It wasn't a simile, as it didn't use "like" or "as" to make the comparison. I guess you could use an upgrade in your knowledge of similes.
      Semi-colons are used to separate two thoughts. There shouldn't be an "and" after it. Each sentence should be able to make sense grammatically by itself.

6. Lamborghini

I hope you can excuse the grammatical mistakes I undoubtedly made at 6:00AM in the morning. I will definitely work on my figurative language and fixing the semi colon mistake when I’m fully awake.

Edit: Fixed

7. Cake

Cake Experienced Member

support

8. Lamborghini

Thank you @Cake so much for the positive feedback :) <3

9. Ruminisque

How was that positive feedback?

10. Lamborghini

Cake supported me, therefore I should thank him?

Thank you @Ace123jimbob(OG) for the honest feedback, but do you mind elaborating on why you went with that decision?

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019
    11. Ruminisque

Why aren't you asking those who reply with just "Support" to elaborate as well. This just shows that all you care about is getting your supports. You don't care about the feedback.

12. Lamborghini

What are you even talking about? I’m just asking for some constructive criticism so that I can use it to my advantage when constructing another application. I most definitely care about the feedback everyone gives me.

Edit: I’m not asking why people supported my application, it’s not necessary although I genuinely appreciate it. People who don’t support my application tend to not like something within my application, and therefore it’s my duty to ask them why and learn from it.

Bump!!

hahaha

Bump

(Important)

I have seen lots of feedback (mostly on discord) of people asking me to simplify the Why do you think you're a good fit part of the application. I have removed some excess information, and provided all my reasoning within the bullet point format! Please take a look and give me your honest feedback and recommendations! Also, I may add a a segment in the moderation history part within the next few days so keep an eye out people!

Thanks!

Edit:

I literally changed a lot of important things within my application, so check it out everyone!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2019
    13. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Changing to Support. I like the new layout of your application. You seem very active and nice within the community! Keep up the good work! Good Luck.
      -TurtleKeeper22

14. Lamborghini

Thank you so much, and I appreciate it!

15. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

You're welcome.

16. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

No Support, I dont feel like you're ready for moderator. I also seen you in game, and your words and actions arent the same to your application.

17. Lamborghini

I don't expect myself to act "that professional" in-game on a Minecraft server as not too many people are really fond of it. I will however try to be more careful with what I do/say in-game. Regardless though, I thank you for your feedback.

18. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

So you're not really "that professional". If it was normal for you to type and act the same way you do on the forums, you would act the same way at any time, and any where. Therefore I think you use "professional" words just so it makes you look like you know what you're doing.

19. Lamborghini

yep, okay. I choose to be professional whenever I want, and you can't dictate that.

If you want to talk about this please PM me so we can avoid any unwanted outcomes.

20. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Im just trying to tell you that you shouldnt use words or phrases you normally wouldnt use. As it makes you look like you are lying in order to become moderator.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.