x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • NA [Locked]CircularBanana staff app

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by SniffMyToes, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Your in-game name:
      CircularBanana

What timezone are you in?
      Eastern Standard

What country do you live in?
      MURICA! (U.S.A)

What languages do you speak?
      English, working on Spanish

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc.)
      Yes, I am able to take screenshots and I always have Bandicam up and running.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
      There are many reasons I should become a moderator. I'll list them.

Hard Working
      I am a very hard worker. Whenever I start a task I am determined to finish it. This is very needed for being a moderator because of all the work, stress, pressure, etc. that they go through. I am moderator/staff on other servers so I understand this. But, I still work hard and do my best to catch hackers, report players, and do what I'm supposed to do. I try to do my work and get done not rushed, but in the best way it can be and the way it should be.

Determined
      Whenever I have a task or a goal in life or in game, I work hard to finish it. I am trusted that when I say I'll do something, I'm going to work hard on finishing or accomplishing what I said. I try not to let anyone down when I say I'll do something something for them. Whenever I play GTA (One of my fave gamemodes) I keep coming back and back and back again until I finish my fight or whatever I may be doing. THis may not seem like much, but it shows that I'm willing to take time to finish what I start.

Grammar/Language
      I am very good at speaking/communicating to others. This helps so that others who may need help or something else can understand you. I know many people on this server who can't talk very well, and I know the frustration of trying to understand them. When I type fast, I may not type as well, but I try to do my best to communicate clearly and affectively.

Leadership
      This quality is especially good in moderators. I am a good leader (I'd like to think so). I am good NOT at bossing people around, but keeping people in check and straight. I am good at keeping people how they should be and acting the right way. I try to lead people to do right and do what should be done. Even though I have leadership, I am still a servant who listens and doesn't control. I try not to take over and be the boss and come in when I need to.

Cheerful
      Now, I may not act like it on GTA, but I am a cheerful person. I love talking to people and just having fun with others, let it be fighting or building or anything else, I love interacting with others. I am a very happy person and it helps because it's easier to talk to others when your happy. Not only do you feel better, but it makes others feel more open to talk to you.

Fast
      I am a quick person, maybe not at running, but getting done what needs to be done. I can handle stress and pain very well, and I'm good and handling situations quickly. I realize that some times you need to take your time, but in situations of chaos, you need to work quickly. I am a fast typer which helps communicate to players and dropping the ban/mute hammer. I am fast at reporting people or finding hackers which really helps with being moderator. When I have a job, I can complete it carefully, but also I can complete it quickly.

Active
      I undestand that I may not be as active as other players, but I'm as active as I can be with school and other things. I try to be on mineverse whenever possible, and I've always liked the server. Yes, I can get mad at the server for things that happen, but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy the server. I try to be on as much as possible, and play with others and much as I can on a day to day basis.

Caring
      I care for other people who are on the server and those arround me. I'm good at realizing when I should be quiet and when I need to speak. When communicating to players, if your a real jerk, it could keep people from wanting to play here. I understand what people go through (I may be young, but I still understand). When I need to talk to a player who needs help or feels down, I know exactly what I need to do to cheer them up or help them.

Supporting
      I am very supportive of the server (most of the time), and I love to tell people about it. It's not fun when many people aren't on, so it's good to have many people on. I also try to support others and encourage people and not bring them down. I understand that people make mistakes, and dishing on them doesn't always help. Sometimes you just need to talk and work with players.

Unbiased
      I like to thing of myself as an unbaised person. This helps to settle disputes and do your job as a moderator. I don't care if someone is a family or friend, I still will do what is right even if they aren't. I once reported my brother for hacks and got him banned. As I said, it doesn't matter who they are, if they are breaking rules, they need to be stopped.

Honest
      I try not to lie as much as possible. As I grow up, I realise that lying will just screw you over. One little lie turns into more and more until YOU'RE SCREWED. I try to be honest and tell the truth, even though I may suffer the consequences. I understand that lying can also break up friendships and have effects worse than just telling the truth.

Funny
      I realise that being funny isn't really important to being a moderator. I think it is though. If you're funny, you can help cheer up those who are down, and keep them from being sad. I realise this sounds kid-ish, but if someone doesn't get cheered up, this could lead to depression. Depression could lead to suicide. Suicide leads for sadness for another and the cycle repeats. It helps to be funny to keep the community happy and well.

Moderation Experience
      I've been moderator/staff on many other servers. The first time I was staff was when I was 9 or 10. Since then, I've worked on many other servers. Right now I am admin on one server and moderator on another which is updating. It helps to be experienced, so you know what to do in every situation, and gain knowledge and learn how to be a better staff member. I've played minecraft for a long time, and being moderator helps to all the commands and other stuff.
      /tpo
      /spect
      /tempban player length reason
      /mute player length reason
      /kick player reason
      /fly
      /vanish
      It helps to know these commands and more to know the basics of what being a moderator is about.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
      Monday - 2 to 3 hours
      Tuesday 2 - 4 hours
      Wednesday 1-3 hours
      Thursday 2-5 hours
      Friday 3 - 6 hours
      Saturday 3-6 hours
      Sunday 2-5 hours

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
      I've been playing Mineverse for almost 3 years

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
      I have been banned a few times in the past. One recent one was for killauring in survival to get blazerods and exp. I realise that this was a dumb mistake I promise one like this will not happen again. Way before, I was banned for water walk while I was on minechat. This was tested, and I was unbanned. Any other bans I either do not remember (I'm sorry) or were short that I didn't put them on here.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes. I am moderator on a server currently updating. I was/and still am an admin on another server with a smaller playerbase. I was first moderator on a prison server when I was 9 or 10 and since then I have been staff about 2 more times.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below?
      Yes!!
      Do you have 50 Post Count?
      Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?
      Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?
      Do you have Skype and Teamspeak 3 for offline communication?

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy!
      3 [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    2. bare

bare Well-Known Member

A lot of ur reports seem to be just about chat offenses; so u should work on hackers bc they're more important

Neutral I haven't seen u in-g yet meaning i don't c a lot of activity coming from u

3. benji

benji Well-Known Member

neutral
      make more hax reports.

4. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

This might be because I reported hackers from an old account or other name. I've probably reported 30+ hackers. Also, same reason you haven't seen me in game... I've changed my name recently or I play on my alt. :)

5. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Also, like I said to jannah, I report hackers on my alt. Again, have 25+ hacker reports/bans.

6. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

@benji and @jannah I checked my alt's reports. I have 4+ pages of hacker reports, not to mention my prev names

7. FearTheKlowns

FearTheKlowns Well-Known Member Premium

No support, you just got back and not much going around with you.

8. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thank you for the recommendations and tips. I was fixing some of those as you replied lol

9. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Hello Boodge I am going to rate your application Neutral
      • Very well written Application
      • Nice
      • Helpful
      • Respectful
      Improvements

• Reports, you have been pumping out but keep doing them.
      • Stay Active
      • I suggest REAPPLYING when you have more experience.
      • Color
      • Align your ENITire application center, this makes you look very professional.
      Suggestions

Try tagging people once and send them over a screen shot, I would like to see this you need to backup your claims, I suggest gayzo, Imgur, Ptnr I personally use gayzo screen shot device.

10. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Ok. edit and show me them

11. FearTheKlowns

You just got back to the forum. This is what I mean and your reports need to be worked on.

12. Purge

Purge Boss Member

I accidently said that I was referring to a differant form this is Bodge's Application

13. FearTheKlowns

Changing to Neutral. Just keep it up with your active and report :)

14. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Thanks Fear!

15. Puaple

Puaple Experienced Member

Well since I haven't posted. I guess I will.

Firstly, I heard you just came back recently. I don't think you should've applied right away, you should've rather waited a while before applying to get to know the community better. I know that it is basically impossible to know the community entirely/most of it, but I would try to regain your status of being well known on the server.

Secondly, I haven't seen you in game. This isn't really such a problem but I think you are just a couple hours ahead of me, or behind me. What are you alts IGN's?

Thirdly, I would like to point out the lack of information on the "Why I should be a moderator" I'm not saying that it isn't lacking detail on the traits, but it sure is lacking on the main question, why you want to become a moderator. You just explain your traits and you don't give a valid answer to the questions.

Lastly, I would like to talk about the reports. As said by @jannah (you can read that).

One think to improve on. (More than one)
      • Activity
      • Reports
      • Interactions via community
      • If not done, please try to interact with more gamemodes.
      No support as of now.
      Good Luck!
      (Also, don't triple post, rather use the reply action multiple times on one reply.)

16. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

No support as of now, reason(s) quoted.

17. benji

benji Well-Known Member

Forum alt's are illegal to have. lol.

thanks for a new reason to no support.

18. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Neutral.
      Reasons stated.

19. 5pp_