x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Partially Implemented Moderator Applications Whilst Being Banned

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chipemunk, Sep 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

If moderator applicants are currently banned in-game/on forums their application should be automatically denied at least until they are unbanned. I don’t understand how they are supposed to moderate whilst they are banned say if they were accepted? And even if they were fit for the job, isn’t it morally wrong to have somebody whose currently banned to enforce the rules they broke? I mean even if they were just being silly or it was an “easy mistake” the bottom line is they are still banned no matter how ”serious” it is. Just a little thought/suggestion.

2. Pillow

Pillow Active Member

I agree with it being closed but not denied. :)

3. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

No support. If someone gets banned they are likely to receive an influx of no supports. This shows the difference between applicants as some would quit and close the application while others could go on, learn from their mistakes and with time potentially get promoted. In addition, false bans could confuse this system. In addition, if it's a ban on one game-mode there are all the others to moderate on whilst banned assuming someone gets promoted while they're banned while I believe has only happened here once or twice.

4. Pillow

Pillow Active Member

*agrees*

5. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

Just because they will receive an influx of no supports that makes it okay? That’s like saying no we won’t punish someone because people say it’s bad.
      If they are banned though they can reapply once they
      are unbanned doesn’t that show persistence. Leaving it open for them doesn’t show that they’ll change, making it harder will show persistence. also if they cannot physically get in-game to moderate why is it logical to have an application open?
      they shouldn’t be a moderator whilst banned on another part of the server too morally because it just makes a mockery of the system.
      i never said they aren’t allowed to reapply or have their application reopened just for the meanwhile whilst they are banned.

6. Qwiby

Qwiby parkour enthusiast Premium

I dont see the point of this really. Id be likely to say you wont get mod while being banned but hey, call me crazy.

Sarcasm aside theres no point in closing an app while someones banned its not like theyre going to be accepted while theyre banned so might as well just let replies and supports/no supports pile up.

7. boba

boba Retired Administrator Discord Leader Premium

No support,

If the applicant has been banned from the Forums, have the application either closed temporarily until unbanned or leave it open and as @yehs said, they will most likely get support changes from other players based on the ban. No need to have it denied.

8. Toheedprff786

Toheedprff786 Experienced Member

No support
      agree

9. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

No support for now

10. Chipemunk

Chipemunk twink

I never said that though ? I never said that it should be permanently denied. I just meant closed?

11. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

ehhh I guess I support, but I don't really care

I feel like it makes sense to close/archive apps when they're banned, but if they're banned I feel like it's quite self-explanatory they simply won't get staff anyway. I guess it especially makes sense to close it if they're forums banned since they can't defend or respond to people, but even so I don't see a huge problem with the applications staying open

12. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

Thank you for submitting your suggestion. We have decided that we will be partially implementing this suggestion.

Should you have any more suggestions or feedback for how we may improve the network, please feel free to create another thread.

Thread moved to archives.

Regards,
      The Staff

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.