x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • My resignation <3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dualband, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Dualband

Dualband Well-Known Member

I resigned for several pretty key factors that occurred through out my experience as a moderator. When I first got promoted the staff team was ran primarily by Janice (Quert did help out whenever he could), she did as well as she could, but as you can imagine it is very stressful and time consuming to run an entire server and still be attending school. Janice did a great job and her and I are still good friends, the problems occurred with other staff members which I wont get into. The thing that really lead me to resigning would be the lack of the team to maintain the status that we are a "family". The staff team is meant to be a family, and as of right now its not. I was absent for over a month and the only thing I got from basically any staff member was a little wave emoji. In no way shape or form was there any attempt to make actual contact. When contact was made by Kinsey, seen here- https://gyazo.com/af5b8d1974076c39300327b98664b99b -Within the span of 2 days without me responding Kinsey felt it necessary to threaten me with demotion and labeling me as a rogue. A rouge being "a dishonest or unprincipled man". You can ask almost anyone on the staff team but for the most part Kinsey has been absent or takes several days to respond. Maybe he's busy is his excuse idk. There are other reasons, but this main part of being threatened pushed me over the point. So sorry for not living up to how I should've for the server. But I just cant continue being staff for a server where the higher ups seemingly don't care about other staff.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Sparky

Sparky Retired Head-Mod Premium

I’m so sorry you had experienced it this way. I’m very proud of how your honest with the reason why you resigned and not being two faced with the whole “we’re a family” type of team because it hasn’t been like that for a very, very long time. I wish you all the best though, wish I could of staffed with you, would of been a fun experience!

3. Saturns

Saturns best valorant player Premium

100% agree. so beyond proud of u for speaking out :).

4. hrary

hrary Experienced Member

Damn for real? That really sucks. Good luck with what ever comes next.

5. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

I don't know what your definition of a family is, but for me it isn't a group of people who all get along all the time and never have any problems. Every family has problems, every family has members who don't necessarily get along or like each other...the staff team is no different.

As for Kinsey, I don't see anything wrong with what he did. You know the official protocols we have, if you are going inactive then you have to make an inactivity thread, which you did not. Kinsey messaged you asking if you were okay to which he received no response...what exactly do you want him to do? Nothing? It is his job to manage the staff team, he was monitoring your inactivity to which you had no thread defending (inactivity thread). He did not threaten you, he just stated the necessary steps he would have to take next in the case that you did not reply...which is completely reasonable, as you had no thread indicating how long you would be away. Perhaps you did mention you were taking a break in a chat somewhere? These things are however easily missed.

I'm not saying I've made an inactivity thread every time I've gone inactive, I certainly haven't, but I wouldn't be calling out Kinsey for doing his job.

I'm sorry if you felt forgotten because no one asked more about why you were gone, I don't pay attention to much but if I knew thought something was up I would have asked. Thank you for moderating Dualband, I know you really cared about the server and that was apparent in your work ethic.

6. Gabe

Gabe Boss Member

Thank you for finally speaking up on how mineverse is running and where it is heading. Honestly, mineverse is not a family anymore at all. There are favorites and staff members who can do whatever they want and get away with it. Thank you for your server tucker, honestly a great moderator who had an amazing worth ethic, but honestly, I understand why a lot of moderators are not getting on. A lot of moderatos don't care if they get demoted and on the team right now. Mineverse needs to either have a reality check and fix somethings. Once again thank you for your service and for speaking up.

Also, @kinsey_kid weren't you gone from the staff team for like 2 months? No inactivity thread, no warning to anyone. You just left, nobody knew. Wouldn't you count as a "rogue" I even recall someone a higher staff spoke to you about it and you didn't respond until they said you were gonna be demoted? It's kind of funny how you left for long periods of time and you are trying to demote someone because of it? I understand it's your "job" but it shouldn't include threatening to demote someone if they are gone. Also, if you are gonna threaten one mod about being in-active why not look at some mods that haven't been on for ages as well. All I'm saying.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
    7. Dualband

Chain I can completely agree with you that I should have made an inactivity thread, you can ask people such as Gabe, Pastel, even Janice who will say that I had no contact with anyone for a while. I did not have the access to post one. It bothers me that what some of the higher up staff can get away with. With that out of the way, the things you specifically did are way beyond question of right or wrong. You did it with enthusiasm, I'm not going to mention what you did as that would be leaking staff info, just that its completely f*cked.
      -Edit- I will not be telling anyone what went down with that, so please don't ask me lol

8. kinsey_kid

kinsey_kid Developer Developer Premium

So this has gone from a resignation thread to purely bashing me, Nice.

9. EveramSyndicate

EveramSyndicate Active Member

when you're in the wrong but you think you're special so you act like the victim

10. Dualband

Absolutely not, I just mentioned what pushed me over the edge. Other players post what they experienced. My thoughts about leaving occurred a couple months ago when some other stuff went down.

-So please no one else mention kinsey's name from now on-

11. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

You’re not the only one who’s ever been in this situation, many in the past have spoke out about it and many have shy’d away. Every moderation team has some form of problems, hopefully the Mineverse Mod Team can turn this negative situation into a positive one.

12. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

couldn't have said it better myself

#gwismandpilewyaandscofu13

ok but to be fair mods have done things that are far more worse that deserve a demote but arent because of the fact that someone favors them or given a second chance. yes he wasn't demoted but at the same time threatening for being inactive and not making inactivity thread but other moderators in the past have done far worse and they aren't EVEN threatened a demote forit? pathetic if you ask me. and for kinsey, what if dual got his phone taken away? he should be held accountable for that? what if it was stolen, computer broken? take these things into account, then make a decision. you shouldn't threaten someone for something if they hadn't made an inactivity thread. like idk if it was the first time he'd done this, but if it was, he definitely shouldn't be threatened with a demote. like come ok this is pretty outrageous. and as for the family part, to reply to what @chain said, we all work together. share moments, relate on a whole level. we aren't supposed to forget each other, and act like their just not there. i can relate with dual. many and i mean many staff members always excluded other members. and i can say one that starts with a p but i won't. last time i remembered, you wouldn't get DEMOTED for not creating inactivity thread. maybe he planned on doing it but didn't get the chance to؟ don't make assumptions. kinsey i love you like a brotha but with all do respect you are not one to speak about being inactive. you may have created an inactivity thread but you went inactive for awhileee sometimes not replying to anyone on forums and you aren't supposed to but at the same time you should've. @kinsey_kid @Darragh

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2019
    13. Koreancurry

Koreancurry Active Member

feel bad for u m8 im mostlikely lat eto this stuff since i havent been on in like 90 years but ye

14. Skrown

Skrown Well-Known Member

Good job moderating, favorite Mv mod

15. Atom

Atom Legendary Member

Thank you so much for your time on the staff team. You were a great moderator and the community will be sad to see you go :(