x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented Official Factions Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bman, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Benko

Benko Boss Member

Mate u cant cannon in general on mv

2. JazzMagic

JazzMagic Experienced Member

Mineverse was definitely far from "proper" factions. I have played many faction servers and Mineverse was definitely unique, however in a bad way.

And claims? The average faction needs 1000 claims? What the hell do you need in your base lol. Here's a base I used on a server once, and it was very difficult to raid.

[​IMG]

I drew this (not very good) sketch of this base. The interior of the base was 14x14 if I remember correctly, it had a bunch of chests, a lobby room with villagers in it, and a pig grinder on the top floor with quite a few spawners. I could have expanded the base on the y-axis but decided not to. The red squares show the claims that the base would be if I used only NINE claims on it! On the server I used this base on, we had 15 power per person, so I also claimed the blue squares so I was able to make more walls to protect the base. In the actual game, each claim could hold 8 separate walls (with water included) . This used up 13 claims (if you want to add corner protection) , I did have a friend join my faction for extra power, but even then I didn't need it if I was careful about not dying.

So lets say we have 25 power per person, a base in a similar design as this can have more claims in the direction of the green arrows. If I used 21 claims in total, I would have 36 water covered walls of protection on each side of the base! And this is with having one person in a faction! So I'm just saying, you don't need that much power to build a good base.

Wither raiding requires no skill, but relies on time, and luck finding wither skeleton skulls. Raiding with cannoning actually requires skill to build a proper cannon and know how to use it in the circumstance you are faced with, and is more accessible to new players to Mineverse, because they don't have to spend hours finding the skulls to make the wither. And even if they are in the shop, they'll probably be expensive anyways, and withers are not always guaranteed to work like cannoning does. So yes cannoning is essential to basic factions.

3. Benko

Benko Boss Member

LOL, that base can be split in less than 30 minutes lmfao. Who the hell builds a base with less than 160 walls? You legit know nothing about factions lmao. I've played many competitive servers and none, I know far better than you when it comes to this lmao. 36 walls hard to raid btw @Mega_ , this guy is a meme

4. JazzMagic

No need to be rude. This base can be easily expanded far beyond that if more than a one man faction uses it. It would only take 85 claims for 160 walls, or more than 6 people on a 15 power server.. And honestly if someone took the time and resources to build a nuker to break into this base, then those people deserve my stuff.

5. JazzMagic

Well I know Mineverse factions has not been a good as other faction servers, so something needs to change. If you insist on keeping everything the same, then I can guarantee that the game mode will flop once again.

6. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Most servers have a 20 chunk buffer limit from your outer base wall giving you 160 walls, as most factions have a base that is atleast 48x48 blocks that gives a 529 for a corner base, 989 for a border base and 1849 for a normal base. And nearly all the big factions have bases over 160x160, which makes them need upto like 3k claims.
      I could raid that base in less than a minute once I've built the cannon.
      You could raid that with a 1 stacker in 20 minutes, those are the easiest cannons to build and require very little resources to build.
      Capping mcmmo is the reason 95% of the player base quit. Mineverse really needs to be focused on maintaining it's current players rather than expanding. Also, the owners aren't willing to invest their time or money onto the server anymore so expansion isn't really going to happen.
      Actually, wither raiding requires an extremely high amount of skill. Anyone can place blocks and press a button. Having to navigate the wither and get it to go where you want takes skill.
      And mineverse hasn't updated their cannon jar file in 4 years.
      It's not about keeping things the same, it's about not becoming clone of every other faction server there is. Mineverse was wildly different from other faction servers, that's why in the past Mineverse factions was one of the most popular factions servers there was. We don't insist on keeping things the same, we insist on adding features that the player base actually wants rather than taking in peoples opinions who don't even play. The reason Mineverse faction servers have died is because they add things that the current player base don't want, things loads of other people ask for then they don't even come online to try it out, they just ask for more things to be changed resulting in more people quitting.

7. JazzMagic

Here's a little more context on the base since I barely provided any.
      1. It is water covered (you probably already knew that)
      2. It is at y 256 like a normal skybase
      3. There are slabs at the bottom, but a slab buster can easily deal with that
      The most basic hybrid cannon would not get through a base that quickly unless there's another way that I don't know of

That is true, however it would take away from the PvP aspect I feel like, especially with the frame rate drop whenever someone enables McMMO in combat. I don't care as much about the rest of the plugin though, if it's not capped then it's not capped.

Why can't the server have both? And it depends on the cannon, but if you know how to build a great cannon, then yes, you just click a button.

Whenever I would check out the faction server on Mineverse, sure it was popular, but it never had crazy numbers, and please note that I've been here since 2013. I never ended up playing it because I did not like the McMMO, raiding, and just how hard it is to start in the world. Yes, maintaining the old playerbase is very important but with so few people logging into Mineverse as a whole, it is hard to ignore the fact that we need new players. The new factions server need to be accessible enough for a new player at the start, but allowing people who work hard to have an advantage still, and that is a balance that could be worked on.

8. markykos

markykos Active Member

You obviously haven’t been playing here since 2013 if you think there was Mcmmo and it was hard to start on the first facs map, there wasn’t even a shop for the longest time on there, let alone the fact that donor kits weren’t even working at the time. It was so easy to get started.

9. JazzMagic

Let me be more clear, I started Mineverse in the summer of 2013, I mainly played on KitPvP and Skywars with my friend, so I didn't try factions right away if it was even out yet.

10. Benko

Benko Boss Member

You think water on your base makes a difference? Also could bypass all your walls anyways lmao. Slabs do nothing, pointless these days. A basic cannon, as in a lil cannon u place tnt in lad? A modern day basic cannon can go through multiple walls in seconds.

11. Random

Random Legendary Member Premium

I've gone through and deleted some of the unnecessary comments, please do not go off topic or start flaming here.

12. Takinator7

Takinator7 Experienced Member

regens :D

13. kinsey_kid

kinsey_kid Developer Developer Premium

Thats a must

14. Bman

Bman Experienced Member

Moved thread to the front page.

Sorry for the delay, I have been caught up with a bunch of things. We are still wanting to get your feedback!

15. Benko

Benko Boss Member

Check my threads

16. Vincent~

Vincent~ Experienced Member

On OP factions maybe go above an beyond by adding breakable bedrock (If possible) and /fly for certain buyable ranks.

17. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I like default 10 personally but a lot of people prefer to have a solo faction which 10 isnt enough. Id say make it so you start with 10 and you can purchase more claim (max at like 20 or 25) through in game money or the server shop.

I agree with you. Cosmic is just dumb, the richer get richer and stay rich well the poor stay poor. Its just a garbage pay to win server. You think you have a "god set" then "hey everyone, new enchants coming out! remember the old op ones? Those are garbage now! 5$ on our shop and you'll get them all monthly!"

Personally I like custom enchants, but not when there are millions of them. Like a few would be nice in my opinion and nothing stupidly overpowered.

Also events would be awesome, like loot crates or drop parties.

(Sorry about the spam, you can move then together if you want)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2018
    18. NoahDaHorsey

NoahDaHorsey Active Member

good pvp arena

19. ToruPvP

ToruPvP Active Member

- Add a top kills leaderboard
      - Add most vanilla mob spawners to the shop
      - No cap on mcmmo
      - Different types of ranks? E.g, some ranks you can get awarded after a certain amount of playtime and obviously still keep the donator ranks, it would encourage players to play for longer for a good player base.
      - add /helpop ? most of the time whenever theres any hackers or cheaters there aren't any mods on and it would notify them to go on factions to ban the cheaters/hackers/exploiters etc.
      - Add a vote party? like the one that's on prison - it would encourage people to vote more
      - Make it kind of like the first factions? - e.g, make it so u can run out of spawn and fight people there but make sure its flat and no grass so it's easy to pvp in keep the ground around spawn completely flat until about 100 or 150 blocks out so people can pvp without blocks and grass getting in the way
      - Have some days randomly where everyone gets Double mcmmo exp
      - and whatever you do PLEASE just PLEASE don't do what you did with prison where u made grinding so hard to do it'll just make people afk mobs for hours and make factions laggy
      - make it so u can only afk for 5-15 minutes so if u add the time ranks people can't just afk all night to get the ranks
      - also make afk pools and things like that not able to be used IF u add the time ranks so people can't exploit the time limit of 5-15 minutes
      - make a 15k x 15k end and nether and overworld so theres tons of room for people to build and make factions without being raided every 5 days

- And some of the other stuff people said

-Might add more

20. ToruPvP

ToruPvP Active Member

Yesssss capping mcmmo is so stupid

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.