Parkour Parkour suggestions (Revive)

Discussion in 'New Gamemode Ideas' started by Qwiby, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

While I know that the chances of any suggestions for parkour (A very dead gamemode) actually happening ive been told multiple times to suggest my ideas so here I am

tl; dr
    Prestiges/Ability to reset level (If you are going to add anything this is necessary)
    New levels
    Vote links
    /ptime or time changer (implemented)
    Perma saturation (Credit to @Grayman)
    Toggleable players
    disable 1.9 player collision (Overall quality of life update) (Credit to @Sando3 )
    In game timer ( Credit to @Sando3 )
    Leaderboards

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Prestige/reset command:
    I heavily suggest this and personally know a lot of people would enjoy this. Once you have completed all 24 levels you cant downgrade back to level 1 or any other level for it blocks you. While this is nice to not accidentally go back to level 1 once youre completed there should be the OPTION to. for example, once youre completed you can type /prestige rankup (Like infection) and in roman numerals it will appear you are prestige I next to your name in chat (Like infection). Prestiges dont even NEED to unlock anything extra it would just be nice to have the option to reset and like ive previously stated, I know a lot of people would love to see a feature like this.
    Alternatively, just adding a command you could run to reset your rank to I would be nice!

New levels:
    A few new levels would definitely add taste to the 24 courses we've now had for years. You could possibly go about doing this a few ways. For example, just straight up adding more levels and removing completed players perms and completed ranks. Or a better idea (IMO) when you prestige, each prestige is one course longer. So P0 is 24 courses long (normal
    P1 is 25 levels... ect. each prestige being longer/harder.

Day/Night/Midday (Implemented)
    Smaller suggestion but would be super convenient. after playing parkour as much as I have (Speedruns, 2 separate completed accounts, and all level one life runs) one of the most annoying things I have noticed is not being able to see the nether fences with a black tone in the night time, it blends in terribly. this would be such an easy fix to jusst add /ptime permissions and would be super useful!

if there is any other ideas id love to hear them in the comments but these are the ones I particularly like to see; again I know the chances of crew even looking into this is low, but it would make me and a few others pretty happy to have something new in this old dead gamemode and see it revived with activity.

Saturation
    Self explanatory, it would be nice to not have to type /feed every 2 minutes

Toggleable players:
    Also fairly self explanatory, having an item or being able to use a command to toggle the visibility of other players. This in my opinion would be a great addition to see because it could solve multiple issues. For example, if you could toggle players it would remove the ability to block other peoples jump so they cant see what theyre doing. Another issue is if someones trolling you or just being annoying and flying around you; you wont have to notice them if you can toggle player visibility!

1.9+ Player collision and Quality of life
    This would be a huge thing for players who enjoy playing on 1.9, its very annoying if youre on one of the earlier levels where a lot of people are and get knocked off. Other quality of life things: Glitching on ladders very commonly
    Glitching into slabs
    and glitch backs.
    Updating to 1.15/1.16 to continue with the current latest version of MC. (Could use new colors/blocks like concrete for new levels for more diversity)
    ( I dont play 1.9+ too much so please let me know if theres any other additions needed)

In game timer:
    I would love to see this addition and it would help with multiple situations. For instance, speed running levels would be a lot easier than people recording and having to time it themselves. It could also help with monthly competitions if they ever do a speedrun competition for people cant cheat by slowing down gameplay or splicing. This could also be fun to make a leader board for each level with the fastest times.

Leaderboards:
    With all these suggestions already talking about this, thought itd be a good idea just to put it up as a suggestion on its own. leaderboards could be a hologram or feather board or jsut a command. It would be nice to see some things like: Most time, most jumps, most prestiges, and maybe some other cool statistics.

• Support Support x 22
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  2. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

Bump already ?

3. Jichdt

Jichdt Established Member

Support! Bring Back Parkour!

4. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

Ty <3

5. Clxrity

Clxrity Boss Member

support!

6. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

Thank you mam

7. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

Also thank you @Swift for the support, means a lot when I know you developed bedwars :p

8. GGs

GGs Active Member

Support! I think that the ptime should not be an option and instead it should all be day as the night time theme is a torture, I keep dying when I skip a fence jump. Furthermore, I always thought that a prestige option would be a great idea to bring more challenge to the game.

9. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

Thanks for support!
    Ptime could be fun plus it would be an easy add but I see what you mean as just a normal always running daytime kind of theme, tho like I said ptime could be fun if you wanted to "challenge" yourself and play on night :p
    Also, I agree prestige would be great; if you wanted to bring it even further you could add a leaderboard for most prestiges you know? a lot of good ideas could come out of a prestige addition,

Also @NoodleToes thanks for support!

10. Swift

Swift Developer Developer

Developer
    i was thinking of doing potion effect option types for our parkour like nausea or blindness but it was considered unnecessary for a gamemode that isn't based around the lobby's parkour :(.

Maybe there'll be plans to put that in the parkour server eventually or maybe not who knows :facepalm:

11. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

blindess disables sprint but other wise I feel like thatd be so neat man, love the support and we'll see ;)

Speed 5 parkour :O

12. Swift

Swift Developer Developer

Developer
    is it blindness and not slowness that does that oof well weird

13. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

Blindness has a super weird affect where you cant sprint for some reason, while under slowness you can? I dont know either its on mojang this one

IE: You can move faster under slowness 2 than under blindness

14. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

15. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

16. JustExposed

JustExposed Active Member

support for everything, prestige idea seems fun; as well as more maps.
    full support

17. Vem

Vem Moderator Moderator Premium

Support! I would loooove to play the prestige levels if this gets added :)

18. Unbreak1

Unbreak1 Active Member

Even though parkour isn't really my kind of gamemode I still agree and think your ideas sound good.
    Support.

19. Qwiby

Qwiby Active Member

Thanks for the support much appreciated!

20. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

Parkour sucks no one ever plays it no support