x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [PvP Mods] We need them [Moderators Look]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Creed, Jan 29, 2015.

?

PvP Mods?

1. Yeah we need (good) PvP mods..

64.3%
    2. Nah leave the work to the recorders

17.9%
    3. Neutral

17.9%
    1. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

Hello there, yet another thread by myself on the case of how sh** pvp has gotten lately, mainly concerns KitPvP, Factions and OPFactions.

To start, I pvp every single day for about 4 hours of my 8 hours playing time. And I can only usually find out of the 100 people I fight 40 of them are legitimate players. And trust me I would be piping even more if it wasn't for my Timezone and people not being on.

Also something that I find really infuriating, is that every staff member that I have seen on usually stays on that server for a max of 10 minutes and the logs off. I am mainly talking about OPFactions here. And when I do message a mod about someone is hacking at the current moment I get Ignored. Now really? Staff should be active on their selected server for at least an hour to two hours a day, and probably should be doing something about hackers, but all I see in chat is them talking to people and telling people to shut up when they swear or say N*gga

Mineverse can't just rely on people to record hackers becuase there are so many hackers that people that record can't get all of them, and in fact the only really get a few. So this is my idea, A new type of staff called PvP Mods dedicated to, KitPvP, OPFactions and Factions, just like Guards are to Prison. They don't browse the forums or make any decisions on here.

I have the idea that with this staff rank, they only get certain permissions and is abused will be instantly demoted and possibly temp banned.

Permissions:

1. /tp, if abused just to tpa to people without their permission, an instant demote should take place.
      2. /God, I believe this command all that is necessary if you a watching a hacker hacking, there is no need to fly.
      3. /vanish, you don't want a hacker conscious of your presence, so this would help. Again abuse will be instant demote and possible temp ban.
      4. /ban, this I believe is the most important one, for you to ban someone for hacks while you are there, you MUST have clear evidence that you can present if the "Hacker" makes an appeal for not hacking. If this is not followed correctly said "Hacker" will be unbanned for not enough evidence and possible false charges. If false bans are seen it should be a instant demote and a must for a ban.

Those are about all the commands, a PvP Mod should need to use. Also having clear evidence usually means having a recording so the Mod must have a recorder.

As for the application process, It should be as usual except my idea of a accepted application's standard must be this:

1. Active member+
      2. No less than 500 words.
      3. Has to be supported by at least 4 staff and 50 members.
      4. Needs to have a Skype interview with both CypriotMerkz, NoobCrew and Scofu.
      5. Has never been banned on the server and or other servers unless it was for a mistake.
      6. Must have played on the server for at least 3 months.
      7. Isn't biased and stupid like some the other mods that are getting promoted.
      8. Spends at least an hour to 2 hours a day on the forums and in game. If the are on vacation, it is understandable why they are not active, but when you accept staff you have to commit.

The PvP mods must also have an understanding of what true hacks look like. Not just guess work.

That's about all I have to say about my new idea, if needed I can add more info on the subject, but I would also like to here others opinions especially some specific people's opinions, so that's why I am tagging these people below.
      @Yin @Ducky @ScoFu13 @Darkchyldeone @Zulfqar @lionbdcraft @Firo3000 @HeyitsAlexa @Badlerner @PandaBear__

I was also wondering about about if one of the staff that see's this if they could please tag CypriotMerkz or NoobCrew because I really think this should be implemented.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
    2. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

No support, for a range of reasons. But I'm not going to get into detail.

3. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

May I hear them? I thought my idea was a great one... Having other people's opinion can help revise my thinking on how this could possibly be done.

4. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

Also, sorry for my grammar it's 10pm where I am and It took me half an hour to make this thread how it is.

5. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

Ima just say my main reason... There is really no need for Moderators that are restricted to the PvP servers. If you are really that aggrivated about the Moderators not being active enough, I suggest you make an application. It is also the players of Mineverse's responsibility to gather evidence of others breaking the rules and reporting them. We need to work as a community, even the players. That's all. :)

6. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

@Badlerner
      You are entitled to your own opinion, but what do you dislike? I'm interested to see why people would disagree with it?

7. Badlerner

Badlerner Experienced Member

i disliked because of this :
      [​IMG]

8. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

We can't be the most effective community is 70% of the server are 10 year olds, How would they ban people? They would most likely not have the brains to download frap or any other software.

9. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

About that drums part, that was a typo and meant to be forums. And I do not see what is wrong with that standard?

10. Badlerner

why '' Has to be supported by 4 staff and 50 members'' ?

11. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

To show they have solid support by the community that they are suitable in the eyes of other players, to be a mod.

12. Badlerner

it's not about all the support from the players

13. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

Also GoodNight to you all and I hope to continue these engaging conversations tomorow.

14. Badlerner

goodnight man :>

15. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

I'm talking about people like you. You obviously want to do something to help, so why not just record/screenshot bad behaviour? I just think 'PvP Mods' is unnecessary. :3

16. Creed

Creed Experienced Member

Well how would you feel if you were trying to your job and all everyone is doing is accusing you and hating because they don't support you.. You need a strong "Fan base" to be effective and be a good mod. If you were the most hated person on the server by players do you really think your going to get the position?

17. Badlerner

if they hate me i don't care, i can do my job even if they are hating me, if they report me for something i always got my evidence of it not being true, you don't need a fan base to be a mod

18. Badlerner

lol i'm a pvp mod, that's not nice .-. jk xD

19. Alex

Alex sweet roll Premium

Bby c; I meant what he's talking about, not you xD

20. Mineterria

Mineterria Boss Member

I don't support, but I agree with you about the lack of staff on servers. I live in Australia, so there are a few mods in my timezone. On the rare occasions there are staff online, they are afk, talking to friends or they log off after 5 minutes. I like the staff team but most staff are inactive.