USA Random's Reapplication

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Random, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Random

Random Well-Known Member Premium

Hello and welcome to my reapplication. Before I start, I know my activity has been low. I just came back from basic training and moved states. My life is stable again (the past 2+ years have been crazy but my life has FINALLY settled down!). I am ready to try for the staff team again and hopefully yall think I will be able to help the server again. I know my reports are low, but I will start those soon! I just wanted to be able to get this out there and then work on everything I can to be a good moderator. Anyways onto the application.

Your in-game name:

RandomNinja14

What timezone are you in?
    EST

What country do you live in?
    USA

What languages do you speak?
    English and a bit of Spanish

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    Yes

Why do you think you should become a mod?

I am experienced. I have been a mod a few times before. I know I just came back, but since I saw a promo wave just happened I figured I would put my application out there. I understand may activity is low and I haven't done reports in a while, but I hope you will keep an open mind when considering supporting me. My activity will go up over the weeks. I know a promotion wave won't be for a while so I hope I have time to prove to everyone I am back and ready to moderate again.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    It really varies. I have a job but probably 20 or so hours a week if not more?

How long have you been playing Mineverse?
    Since 2015

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    No

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    Yes. I've been a mod here a few times.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No
    Do you have 50 Post Count? yes
    Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up? yes
    Have you had 2 Weeks registered on the Mineverse forums? yes
    Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication? yes

If you want any more information, here are my previous applications:
    https://www.mineverse.com/threads/randomninja14s-moderator-application.86814/
    https://www.mineverse.com/threads/randoms-reapplication-for-moderator.138338/
    https://www.mineverse.com/threads/reapplication.141749/

• Support Support x 29
    • No Support No Support x 3
  2. AtomBow

AtomBow Experienced Member Moderator Premium

Minecraft accounts: Atombow
    Support :D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  3. Clxrity

Clxrity Boss Member

Minecraft accounts: Clxrity
    should i explain why i support? no i dont need to

support ily <3
    #randarity

4. Random

Thank you!

#randarity forever! Thank you!!

5. Carbonyx

Carbonyx Active Member

I recognize your name from a very long time ago and I like your app.

Support from me

6. ferras

ferras Boss Member

no support
    i think you've been given three many chances to moderator. you've had moderator rank three times, and you had it for awhile. i think you should step back like the others have and give other people a chance to earn it. also, you say that you will be active and work on it but im not only targeting you, but as for the whole moderator applicants, and what im going to say is your not really going to be as active as you wish to. you've had it a few times so you wouldn't be as taken it seriously, and it wouldn't have the same effect on you then it would have on other people considering you've had it three times. i apologize if this is coming off rude but that's not my intention neither am i targeting you. it's good that you are completely ready and have the skills but its not fair to others because they haven't had a chance to show off their skills.

7. mattenphew

mattenphew Boss Member Moderator Premium Media Team Leader

Minecraft accounts: mattenphew
    support bro

8. Porky

Porky Moderator Moderator

5upp0r7

9. Rent.

Rent. Active Member

flippin support <3

10. DiggyDigss

DiggyDigss Moderator Moderator

Support, is experienced and extremely nice. Just came back a few days ago but I think like you said in your app you'll be very active, gl random ;D

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  11. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Experienced Member

Not how promotions work. Her getting mod doesn’t prevent someone else from getting mod as well.

I hope your situation has improved since we last spoke. I enjoyed having you on the team. Support, and good luck

12. Random

Thank you so much!
    Thank you very much. My situation has greatly improved tbh. My life is actually stable for once and it will stay that way for a few years at least so I am thankful. I am just patiently waiting for my husband to come home now lol.

There are multiple moderators (current and previous) who have been repromoted multiple times. I do not feel that should be a reason for a no support but you have your opinions. If anything, it shows that I am experienced and know the server well. I am familiar with most of the player base and how the staff team runs, as I have worked closely with the head staff on multiple occasions. Also, as Sniff said, promoting me does not mean someone else will not get promoted. There is not a certain number of people they promote, so adding one more would not be a problem. As for my activity, you cannot put a blanket statement over every person applying. Each person is different and I will do my best to be as active as possible. Thank you for your feedback though. I appreciate it.

13. Jichdt

Jichdt Member

Hopefully you keep your promises and become more active but innocent until proven guilty so SUPPOOORTTT!

14. Cucci

Cucci Moderator Moderator

Minecraft accounts: Cucci Fortinos Niagara
    support

15. Saturns

Saturns ♡ egirl Premium

Minecraft accounts: PastelLoser Saturns
    support

jus dont be mean in staff chats about moving to off topic ;)

16. Red.

Red. Active Member

Minecraft accounts: redroyalle
    SUPPORT

17. Frxxxn

Frxxxn Active Member

18. ferras

ferras Boss Member

i know it's not how promotions work, but its common sense. its always the moderators that have had experience are chosen over someone who hasn't. it's pretty logical to do so and if you do otherwise its dumb. It does very much prevent other people from getting mod if she got it because she takes a chance someone could have taken because people have more trust, reputation and believe in here more comparing the other moderator applicant.
    notice how you said current and previous who have been re-promoted, it's cause MV is lacking moderators so they take anyone and I know that sounds contradicting and you would think they would promote a larger amount of people but they didn't. Last promotion they missed a few good applicants. It's good to have someone reapplying that has very, very good trust and connections with the staff team but having that takes away chances from another person trying to apply that maybe hasn't even had a chance meanwhile you've had three. Also, I get that every person is different but almost most of the time people say the same thing you claim and then what happens is they go inactive for days, get on for 30 minutes, maybe an hour, and get off. im not going to be calling out people, but there has been people that do that. i get they have a life, but sometimes they choose to spend their time doing other stuff instead of being a man/woman of their word.

19. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Established Member

20. abbie

abbie receptionist Senior Moderator Premium

Minecraft accounts: spicyabbie
    Senior Moderator
    SUPPORT <3