x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Rank Discrimination

Discussion in 'Rant Archive' started by Candyyy, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Candyyy

Candyyy Experienced Member

There is nothing more like RANK DISCRIMINATION. This is so annoying it really kills me. I am a MVP rank, and before I got this rank, I wanted to make a trade with someone.

The trade consist of me and another player, who was ranked.

The trade was I was to give him 150 bucks on KitPvp2 for 150k on Prison.

He asked me so I said yes.

We went on KitPvp2 and I was recording the trade because I was going first - lesson learned. ALWAYS DO THIS.

So he said, "Ready?" And I replied, "Yep."

He looked at my name tag I guess and saw I was NOT ranked. He then said "Oh wait, you are not ranked, so the deal is off." When I asked why all he said was that he does not trust non-ranked people.

---------------
      I did not get a rank because of this situation, gosh no. This is not the first time this has happened. I have witnessed it, and experienced it. This is unacceptable and rude.

CLEARLY the SIMPLE saying "Treat youself the way you want to be treated." is not so simple because most people cannot do it. This is what really annoys me and I find it very disrespectful.

NOTE - Most behavior learned from children come from watching their parents/influences. Discrimination is not funny, even in certain ways.

If you see this, be sure to tell the player to stop.

EDIT) I understand I typed the quote wrong. it is Treat others the way YOU want to be treated.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    2. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

ye bc non ranked ppl have a higher chance of being random alts, and a vast majority of them dont have a reputation on the server. Another reason could be bc ur name is CandyGirl978. No offense, but ur name is very generic plus it has more than 2 numbers at the end. These two attributes are correlated to the names cracked alt generators like McLeaks and FastAlts generate.

That's just my (maybe twisted) reasoning, if u don't agree that's fine. But ik what ur talking about. Back when i didnt have a rank, i would get attacked within 5 seconds of jumping out of spawn on oppvp and kitpvp. But since i got a rank, i usually find myself walking around waiting for someone to hit me. Plus ppl seem to notice what u say in chat more

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    3. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

@WiiTarded I kind of agree with you on that. It's normal. However, if you are a really "well-known" player on a certain gamemode, or have good connections with well-known people, you're more likely to be able to complete the deal with someone.

E.g. Me being a default rank on Survival meant that having good connections with others and spending a lot of time on Survival had given me more opportunities to strike deals.

But then again, back then it was not as difficult to complete deals.

4. Puaple

Puaple Experienced Member

I agree, but I just got ranked up two days ago from someone so then again..

5. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

addtext_com_MjIzMDQ4NTQzNjY.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    6. WiiTarded

WiiTarded Experienced Member

the one on the right looks like the ones at my school lol

7. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

hell all you need is premium and you already have trust

I guess it's because people tend to recognise people from their tags better, and if you're default it's harder for one to know who you are because there are a lot of defaults they have in their memory. So that means it's harder to become well-known, I guess.

8. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

It's "Treat others the way you want to be treated." If it's so simply, as you said yourself, why did you completely mess it up? You also won't be able to stop this happening; I know I will continue to never do high-risk trades with no-ranks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
    9. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Non rank discrimination? Non existing. Really, people thinking of others as lesser than they are simply because of a rank, is nothing more but stupidity, ignorance and immaturity. Someone with a rank would be more easily recognized, sure. But being able to purchase or to have purchased a rank does not make you better at the game, the mechanics, etc. You don't get better at moving a mouse or clicking on your mouse suddenly because you purchased (for example) Elite.

If you see it happening, ignore it and move on. They're illogical and immature. Do not even bother to communicate with them. If it happens to you, ignore it. If you decide to communicate with them; ensure that you communicate with them using drawings and simple words. Otherwise they won't be able to understand.

10. Chain

Chain Prison Warden

There is a pretty logical reason as to why he has his policy of not trading with non-ranked players. Quite honestly non-ranked players are more likely to be scammers. Why? Think about it, a ranked player has paid money for their rank and is therefore less likely to take the risk of getting banned, a non-ranked player hasn't much to lose by attempting to scam someone, and lots of them are probably alts anyway.

I'm not saying all non-ranks are scammers, I was a non-rank for a year, and I'm not saying donators do not scam, they do. You tell us to treat others as they would treat themselves and he probably would treat himself the exact same as he treated you because his reasoning would be the same, he wants to minimize his risk of being scammed.

You're right, it's technically discrimination, but I wouldn't be comparing it to racism or sexism because let's face it...it is quite a different situation.

11. Wolfiee

Wolfiee Active Member

I agree with you. ;)

12. Candyyy

Candyyy Experienced Member

i can agree - made this accound WAY BACK

is that supposed to be racist?

i dont think i compared it to racism or sexism...lmk if i did XD but i disagree, you would be surprised by the number of scammers that are ranked. people do not care about their money :/

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2017
    13. Max

Max Janice's Mentor Premium

#EqualRights!!!!

14. Kyaaaal

Kyaaaal Legendary Member

donut diskeminte 4 peepz wit no rank dat is unfare we r jus da normal peopz 22!!

15. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

#GreyLivesMatter

16. kinsey_kid

kinsey_kid Developer Developer Premium

Honestly I can understand why people are more cautious, it's not right but I understand it

17. Nubby

Nubby Well-Known Member

#NubsMatter!
      #IMatter!

18. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

I'm going to assume English isn't your first language, and not answer your question.