x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Revamp Mineverse

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Jarvic, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Jarvic

Jarvic Experienced Member

So, Im sure as we all know. Mineverse is DYING. FAST. Please read until the end before commenting/rating.

Let's jump into this

I've been on this server since the beginning of 2014 so I have a lot of experience with the server. I've been here through it's ups and downs and now I think it's time for me to give some tips on how to get the server back on track.

MINEVERSE STATISTICS:

Highest amount of players ever recorded last year:

2,000+ Players at various times

Highest amount of players ever recorded this year:
      1400+

Highest amount of players ever recorded since last summer (From August 15):
      950+
      ______________________________________________________________________________

So we can see that Mineverse is declining in players.

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS (From my examinations)

Overpowered Ranks

Basically donors have such a better advantage over non-donors. It's to the point where new players that join just give up and leave.

Hackers

This is a very popular one. One thing I have noticed is the average time it takes to get a hacker banned is usually 2-10 hours depending on the time of day that the report was made. By the time the hacker has been banned, players often lose most of their earnings because of this.

Lag

This is something out of my control as it can only be fixed through the server owners. The server is constantly freezing/lagging behind. Another reason players leave, one minute we're completely frozen and in the next moment everything speeds up and in PvP this is a serious pain.

Community

As we know, the generations are changing rapidly. There is constantly sexual activity, vulgar language, racism, hate, In-Game dating, and drama on the server. This is mainly on Creative, Skywars, Skyblock, and Factions (Before Factions died due to lag and hackers.)

Staff Availability

There isn't really much staff to contact in-game. For example if you needed help with something or there was a hacker on the loose, no moderator would not be online or they would be too busy because other moderators are offline. Shown here mvstaff.PNG There is no staff online. This was just right after I came home from school at 4PM Central time USA.

Lack of Admins

I know how Mineverse has been for the past few years. They don't really have admins. But in my PERSONAL OPINION, coming on everyday to see the same spawns, the same buildings, the same maps is getting more boring as the days go by.

POSSIBLE FIXES

Overpowered Ranks
      Give players something that will make them at least stand a chance against donors. For example, I am a Titan on Mineverse. In skywars alone, I get $500 in-game money a day. With about $50 a game I can end a game in 20 seconds flat. Either nerf the abilities of donors and replace their perks with things that don't give advantage over other players, or give the players something to compete against the donors with.

Hackers
      We need different moderators in-game for a majority of the time. Players work hard for their items and it's sad to see it all go to waste because someone decides to cheat.

Lag
      This is out of my control, we can only hope that Noobcrew or Cypriot can notice how badly the lag is impacting the server and work a bit harder to fix it.

Community
      We again need moderators in-game to moderate these things. It's clearly out of control and not much can be done to stop it unless moderators come on and put those people to justice.

Staff Availability
      Here is an idea I've had for a while. *Dislikes incoming* We need to get actual dedicated moderators that can follow a schedule. I know most of you will say our moderators are dedicated but when I come on and see no moderators on for 3 hours straight is just depressing. So what I propose is, we recruit active moderators for different shifts and timezones for each gamemode. So say for example we have a moderator moderate KitPvP for an hour and then we have another moderator do the same and we have some for different time zones per gamemode. This would require a lot more recruiting, probably 2-4 moderators that take turns per gamemode.

Lack of Admins
      Our builders are amazing I will agree, but we need more. 2-5 builders won't cut it for a big server like what we have. I suggest that we take our most loyal moderators and put them in that position.

Hopefully the owners notice this and takes at least some of this into consideration. The life of Mineverse depends on it. I really think this a great server and we can still bring it to just how good it was at it's peak.
      We need to all pitch in and help #MakeMineverseGreatAgain.

THANKS FOR READING IF YOU MADE IT THIS FAR.

2. Exy

Exy Well-Known Member

Wanna know something else?

Lag.

3. Dyna_Mighty

Dyna_Mighty Retired Head-Mod

Just saying /staff is currently broken, I've been online for awhile and it says no one is online.

4. Jarvic

That picture was taken about a week ago.

5. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

Do you realize that in general most minecraft servers are actually dying.
      It's mainly because many people are moving on from minecraft and going to other games and stuff.

6. longed

longed Well-Known Member

true.

7. Dyna_Mighty

Dyna_Mighty Retired Head-Mod

Hmm ok

8. 196

196 Boss Member

He took it at 4 PM.
      Doesn't mean he took it at 4 PM today.

9. Savage_ASF

Savage_ASF Experienced Member

I agree with the hackers!

10. Benko

Benko Boss Member

the amount of cheaters is killing the multiplayer of the game xd

11. Sadie

Sadie Active Member

I do believe this has a few pointers we can relate too, but I think that theres not much they can do about the lag.. Mineverse isn't dying alone from those reasons and I think many people will stay because they love the server.

12. _Rlxtreme_

_Rlxtreme_ Experienced Member

Well, its actually because of the EULA. kids under the age to understand fairness, want donor items that give them an advantage over the enemy. When the EULA hit (Thanks Microsoft) servers were forced to change their ranks to appeal to the EULA rules. Thus, servers died quickly and are still dying. MV is one of the remaining servers that chooses to stay in 1.8 for the time being considering the server is most likely blacklisted at any other version above 1.8.

As for Minecraft itself, the game is actually doing just fine. In fact, Mobile purchases are surprising being bought more than the actual PC version of Minecraft. Mainly, because of mobility. People want to play on the go, therefore more people buy the mobile version than the PC version. this results in less population playing the PC version and thus, less people playing multiplayer.

Now, as for the points made in this thread, I totally agree. There needs to be more updating to the server and the staff. There needs to be either more mods to cover time zones, or a schedule to follow. I mean, it took Cypriot what? 6 months before someone found out about the server ready and not released? That's unacceptable. You build a server named Towny and announce "Beta" then close Beta to finally open Beta up again 6 months later when you realize you never finished the game mode in the first place.

There needs to be sudden updating to everything MV related. From staff to game modes, from maps to rules. This all depends on Cypriot of course. If he's willing to update the server, progress will be made. If not, the server is just gonna keep doing the same thing over and over and eventually bury itself in its grave.

13. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Agreed with most of the points. About staff availability, it's pretty true, but this is my opinion.

Most of the time I'm playing, it's to cover for the Asian-AUS timezones. And I'm pretty much sometimes the only /staff online. Even so, there's still gaps in the system.

Revamping really needs to come. Updating. Everything. But about the moderators issue, if we aren't good enough, where do we find others?

14. Jarvic

We need to first fix the other problems if we even hope to get more players.

15. fireplaces

fireplaces Experienced Member

Minecraft is dying itself. Noone wants to play this game anymore. It's all about infinite warfare and the new games. minecraft. Mineverse needs more active staff, and it needs to remove some gamemodes.

16. bexr

bexr Well-Known Member

Honestly I agree with this, I know more kids that have a console (Xbox/PS) and use that for gaming.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      If you look at the statistical data it seems PC/Java Version is at the lowest at each place being sold, I don't think the game is dying I think technology is moving. More devices to be played on that are easier for kids to use and understand is proving that they will be using these things more often. Overall I think a regular person would buy a console for gaming rather than a PC because they rather pay a lower price of about $400 - $500 dollars than getting a whole new setup for your PC. Also I think that mineverse would boost a player count if we really invest the money from the server into different things like into more advertisement.

17. Mr. Friendly

Mr. Friendly Experienced Member

You guys now that come people don't have time to play at all, It's during the summer, when players start to up

18. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

Dont blame this on staff, in general Minecraft is dying

19. Sadie

Sadie Active Member

true

20. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Hi, I think there's a glitch with the /staff right now, so it may seem like no Mods are online but there are. As you know, I am a Moderator, and I just logged into Mineverse and did /staff. It didn't show that I was online, and no, I am currently not demoted. So it may be a glitch.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.