x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Scamming | Preventing

Discussion in 'Guides & "How To"' started by Acceptation, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

Scamming is a big issue among Minecraft servers but not only on servers but in real life as well so I have decided to make a guide on how you could prevent getting scammed by other users.

If you would like any help reporting a scammer or reporting a rule breaker, in general, please take a look at this: https://www.mineverse.com/threads/when-reporting-proof.141407/

What are scammers?
      Scammers are people who like to steal or take advantage of another person, they like to try to take advantage to take your in-game or real life stuff such as your money, in-game items, ranks and more. Scamming is completely not allowed but if you do end up getting scammed with or without proof you will not be able to regain your stuff that you may have worked so hard for so be careful.

Important stuff to know when trading
      When trading always remember to record the trade, the staff can't take your word if you did get scammed and isn't there fault if you don't have proof of the trade, screenshots will not be accepted so make sure it is recorded, always get the player to confirm the trade before going ahead with it this is to prevent any misunderstanding. Look out for the player's reputation and potentially check there ban list located here: https://bans.mineverse.com/ to see if they have any scamming history. If they have a bad reputation maybe it's not the best to try a trade with them.

What do I do if I got scammed?
      If you have gotten scammed I strongly advise you to report it here: https://www.mineverse.com/categories/report.9/ make sure you have valid recording proof of the trade because I said staff members do not accept screenshots as the can be edited. However, if you don't have proof of you getting scammed unfortunately staff can't do anything about it so make sure to record every trade.

How do I prevent scammers?
      There is a lot of different ways that you could prevent scammers so let me go through them all.
      • Don't try to trade to trade with someone who has a low rank or no rank at all, especially when they are trading for a rank they don't have. I advise you to not do this because they're most likely going to scam you as they don't have the stuff themselves.
      • If you're trading for money especially high amounts always check ./baltop to see if they actually have the correct amount of money they are willing to trade.
      • Get a staff member to middleman the trade, this is one of the easiest ways to get a successful trade without getting scammed as they won't scam you with a staff member involved. Also, your items will be given back by the staff member if the trade is pulled off.
      • Always ask to do a half and half, this doesn't necessarily prevent scammers but it means that you would only be losing half of your stuff if you do end up getting scammed.

• Like Like x 1