x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Sell Mineverse?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ares_Xena, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

Hi,

This isn't a suggestion thread, but a discussion to the subject in the title bar.
      Suggestions are being ignored, the current administrator team (with noticeable exceptions) aren't doing much.
      Mineverse is (basically) like beating a dead horse at the moment.

The current owners have done a lot in the past, no disrespect or offense intended in this thread at all, it just seems (as many would agree) this server is on life support and the plug is going to be pulled soon. A different group of people could do much more with this.

The server has been in the same state for months.

This thread isn't as huge as it probably should be because a lot of this is self-explanatory. And again, no offense or disrespect intended. Don't close this thread without a valid reason (you know who you are).

Kind regards,
      Ares.

• Like Like x 6
    2. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

The owners and administrators truly aren’t doing that much, and the server really hasn’t improved much at all in the past few months. Agreed

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    3. benji

benji Well-Known Member

I'd buy it. ;-)

4. Ares_Xena

Twiz but a discussion.
      The current management system has failed to take actions in the last few months. There are those who want to improve Mineverse but are extremely limited by the owners. They've been given plenty of time. If the current owners have no intentions anymore of resolving the current issue or provide support to the people who are dedicated to resolve those issues (other management members), then they should give this to someone who does have those intentions, or sell 50% of the shares to someone who has the proper intentions.

5. Post Malone

Post Malone Experienced Member

pffffttt, Noobcrew is in it for the $$$

6. benji

benji Well-Known Member

o rly

7. Post Malone

Post Malone Experienced Member

I literally mean just the money.. he don't care about anything else

8. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

If I were them, I’d sell.

They clearly don’t put effort into it anymore. This should go without saying; but, like Ares, no disrespect to them. Cyp & Crew have done a wonderful job creating this server and have undeniably dedicated a lot of time and effort into it... But, it’s simply not what it used to be.

Promoting the new current admininstrators has been the best thing that has happened to the server in a long time. Much respect to them for all they do to keep the server going, whilst the owners are the ones getting payed for it. I agree with Scorvix about the risks of the server being in new hands, of course. I have no doubt things would go wrong. But, in my opinion, it seems like it would make the most financial sense for Cyp & Crew to sell it. The possibility of new, active, and interactive owner(s) is also a plus. I just would hope that the hard-working & long term staff/administors wouldn’t be left to dry after their time and dedication to the server (aka keeping them).

The longer they go without selling, the more risk there is that they will get stuck in a non-profiting hole. The server has been in this bad state for well over a year now. The fact isn’t even the elephant in the room anymore, it’s just the undeniable truth.

9. loadist

loadist Well-Known Member

I would buy it, their making bank lol

10. BigDave

BigDave Experienced Member

Indeed, Mineverse has really gone down the drain over the last 2 years I've played. I can believe that the owners put work into the server back then, but now they don't really do much.

Much of the server hasn't changed much, other than for physical spawn changes and additions of gamemodes, but even then it hasn't been much. Take Towny for instance. They opened up that new gamemode and just let it sit. It would constantly get so laggy to the point that nobody could play, but they didn't get that fixed. That's why Towny is dead now. Same thing for ArcherPvP. It wasn't really much of a reset, more like just revising kits and moving the spawn location. Yea, sure looks dead now just as it did a week after its reset.

The anticheat system has been crappy and, as far as we know, will always be. A big reason Mineverse has died down so much is the overflow of hackers (or cancer as I call it) on various gamemodes. Mods do what they can to quickly ban hackers, I'll give that to them. However, with alt websites and VPN hackers, there's just not enough staff and availability to ban them.

Had a much better anticheat or autoban system been installed, it is quite possible that there would be far more players than there are now. There is an uncountable amount of people I've known who have quit playing simply because of how cancerous the server has gotten.

I feel that eventually the current owners must step down, given the many options they have compared to the state the server is in now. They could find a way to hand it down to long-time and well-known staff for one since they've seen what needs to improve. Maybe they could sell it to someone who actually knows what they're doing and will try to improve the server. Who knows, but at this point that likely won't happen, knowing how the owners are.

11. Ares_Xena

The current feedback is appreciated. My compliments to everyone for (so far) being mature about this thread.

12. GlobalWarning

GlobalWarning Active Member

I agree with you, beacuse they have not changed they server that much since like 2014 or something. So yeah I agree a 100%

13. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

this is hella risky because potential buyers might do worse and just deprive the server even more, but i think it's for the best.
      ok not 2014, but more around 2016.

14. lokadd

lokadd Experienced Member

i personally wouldn't want to see this server sold it's very risky and I have seen the current owners, managers, moderators and all other staff put in lots of effort recently I could see this server rising in popularity

but it isn't just the fault of the staff that this server has become what it is, it is also due to glitches such as hoppers being disabled because of duplication glitches and stealing from private chests

but another reason is how this community has become toxic especially on PvP gamemodes where there are far too many people causing fights, being rude and even evading the filters has become an issue
      there are also bots / players advertising other servers which can get extremely annoying and can take away from the current mineverse community
      also there are way too many hackers and this server doesn't really have an amazing anti-cheat system this is taking players very frequently

but these are just some issues I'm stating I don't think the server should be sold, just improved

15. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

I agree with Clxrity and Ares quite a lot. I'm glad that this thread has not been locked and archived, and that this hasn't turned into a flame war.

All I know is that Mineverse is in this state, and it is going to continue rolling downhill without a gamble. As others said, the owners have done a lot for the server in the past, but in the past year (?), it does seem that there was not enough time and effort put into the improvement of Mineverse (fixing bugs, etc). There are some people in the staff team who seriously care about the server (and others too), but don't have the means to.

I think that selling Mineverse would be a gamble, but it's a gamble that needs to be taken, since obviously the owners and other administration/development (?) people don't seem to have that much motivation to improve the server.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Honestly, with quite a few years if owning and managing servers, I would love to work with another partner on this server. But if they did sell it, it would go into the $1000s cost wise.

17. iam_a_potato

iam_a_potato Active Member

rip mineverse 2017

18. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Experienced Member

I support you buying it xD

Anyway, if Mineverse was up for sale, it would be difficult to find a buyer willing to handle the expenses of owning a server. First being knowledge of every little bit of the server. You can't just simply find a random person on craigslist who will buy it, thats not gonna work at all.

Second the buyer must put a huge time ccommitment on it. If he/she wont be active, they will end up in this situation.

Third you need money and that too lots of it to support and update the server to keep up with the new updates and prevent hackers, both of which are crucial for the survival of this server.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Torch

Torch Builder Builder

Wouldn't be worth much now at all, should have sold early 2016.

20. Benko

Benko Boss Member

If it’s ever sold , i hope they sell it to someone who they know will improve the server