x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Requirements Needed Shadowz's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Shadowz_x, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Shadowz_x

Shadowz_x Active Member

In-game Name:

Shadowz_x

Timezone:

(GMT-7)
      Arizona

United States

Language(s):

English

Can you capture evidence?:

Yes, I am able to record and screenshot for evidence, I use OBS.

Why do you think you should become a Mod?:

I've recently started playing Mineverse again. As am I enjoying my time here again, I've noticed some issues within the server. When I usually join the server around 4:30 p.m. (my time) during the weekdays I notice little to no staff are on the server. Yes, on the weekends I see a few extra staff members online here and there, but it's still not enough to help keep this community rid of hackers and cheaters. Most of the time there are hackers on the server and most of these times no staff are on the server, but sometimes on the occasion they are online, most of the moderators don't pay or give any attention to the players trying to alert him or her of a hacker and trying to provide evidence. But being a staff member isn't all about trying to catch the rule breaker, it's also about helping the community, being a fair, unbiased, communicative player, whose helpful and can help new players around the server or tell them the basic member commands. I deserve the position I'm applying for because I've put years of dedication and confidence into this server, trying to improve and mature myself to eventually apply for this position. And I'm finally here, even though I have made some mistakes in the past, I feel committed enough to this server to say I've changed and matured since those mistakes. I don't hack on any servers anymore, and I haven't for a long time and never will again. I have the confidence and communication skills to take part in this position and am aware of the various responsibilities that come with being a moderator. Although I may come out as a bit strong, that is because I stand up for what is right, not what's wrong. I am a team player and I can collaborate and cooperate with everyone in a nice manner.

Character Traits:

Honesty
      I am very honest to everyone I speak to. I may "lie" about some things but in a joking manner and moment, not a serious one. Even if I did "lie" in a joking manner, I would still always tell the truth afterwards. I like being direct to people and get straight to what I want to say, nothing less, nothing more.

Respect

I am always very respectful to all of the community members and staff members no matter what. If I get this position and a higher-up tells me to do something I will be obedient and do as they say (there are limits to this rule). Or for another example if I request something from a higher-up and they say no I calmly say okay and respect their decision.

Fairness
      I don't like to be equal with people. Being equal means everything is the same for everybody. An example of being equal would be giving the 1st place prize in a skate competition to the 1st place winner and to whoever placed 2nd also. I like to be fair with people meaning, if a user breaks a small rule on the server, they're going to be receiving a small punishment. And to someone whose hacking or doxing someone, they'll receive a more severe punishment.

Polite
      I am a polite person to others, I give assistance to other people all the time, whether it be with a server issue, or a homework assignment, or completing another various task. Being polite will gain you respect which I value from other people/players. I believe players are more willing to listen to a staff member who is polite and relatable than to a staff member that is "robotic" or not in touch with the other users.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?:

I can be on the server almost everyday, but I can mostly be on during the weekends unless I already have plans. I usually play during the night rather than the day (my time GMT-7) and there is usually always no staff on during the night for me. It would be a plus to have a staff member on during the night because that's around the time that hackers start to join the server (I mostly play OP PvP).

How long have you been playing Mineverse?:

I've been playing Mineverse for 3 years and I'm looking forward for more years to come.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game):

Unfortunate to say, but yes, I have been banned in the past in-game, but never on the forums. It was a permanent ban for typing an IP in game chat but I eventually appealed and it got accepted on the second try I believe.

Do you have any past experience as a Moderator?:

I do have past experience as an admin on a CS:GO jailbreak server a part of a community named TangoWorldWide. The admin commands in CS:GO are similar, but not completely the same. Although, I do have experience with moderation of servers in Minecraft because I used to have my own private server for my friends and I to play on. But since it was a Spigot server, I already know most of the commands to moderating a server. I was also a mod on a server named MineSkill which is no longer up and running, but it had a player base of 40-100 users a day, a little less than Mineverse has currently.

Do you meet all Mineverse's requirements for staff listed below? Yes/No:

Yes, I do, besides 50 post count.

Do you have 50 post count?:

Even though I do not have a 50 post count, I feel like this rule could possibly be an exception to me because I'm almost at a 50 post count already and I'll be there by the time I get accepted (or denied). Another reason I should be an exception is because I never really used to post on the forums but now I do, and I've been a part of the server for 3 years.

Do you have Two Factor Authentication set up?:

Yes, I have two 2Fa enabled.

Have you had 2 weeks registered on the Mineverse forums?:

Yes.

Do you have Skype and Discord for offline communication?:

Yes.

2. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

You need to meet the requirements dude, once you meet them, I give you my full support.

3. ATruePitato

ATruePitato Active Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for staff on Mineverse.
      Unfortunately you don't meet the requirements for staff at this time. We encourage you to read the requirements needed and take some time to get to know the community here on forums.

Feel free to fill out an application in the future.
      Volunteers are always needed.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.