x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [Singapore] ☣ andrewswj's Moderator Application ☣ [Accepted]

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Andrewswj, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

header.png

Before I continue on with this Moderator Application, I would first like to introduce myself. I am andrewswj, and you can usually find me on KitPvP, Towny, OPPvP and ArcherPvP. As for the other gamemodes, those aren't my first choices, but I am willing to pop over from time to time and increase my gamemode activity. Thank you for reading this application! I appreciate constructive feedback, regardless of whether you support me or not!

mod app pic.png
      Your in-game name:
      My in-game is andrewswj.

What timezone are you in?
      I am in the timezone GMT + 8.00.

What country do you live in?
      I live in Singapore, which is located in Southeast Asia. I believe that my "unique" timezone is an advantage, as I am able to help the few Australian Moderators moderate that timezone. Furthermore, after the relatively recent resignations by some Moderators, I feel like there is a great need for Moderators in this timezone.
      upload_2016-10-17_21-26-38.png
      ^ Singapore is located in the Malay Archipelago, near Indonesia and Malaysia. Please do not get mixed up, as Singapore is a country itself.

What languages do you speak?
      I am fluent in English and Mandarin (中文).

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
      Yes, I do have 2 Factor Authentication enabled.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence?
      Yes, I do. I use iMovie (QuickTimePlayer) for recording, and I am also able to take screenshots and upload them onto Gyazo or Imgur.
      mod app pic.png
      Why do you think you should become a mod?
      Professional:
      Even though I may not be familiar with all the punishments and protocols, I am willing to learn from other Moderators, both ex-Moderators and current ones. I try not to take action when I do not get the facts about the situation right. I will take this duty seriously, and I carry myself both in real life and in-game with pride.

Helpful: I believe that I am helpful towards the community in general. I do acknowledge that I may not be open all the time, but I am working on that, and I've been trying to use the Help section to my advantage here, by taking this opportunity to try to help others in this community so that they can have a better gameplay experience.

Fast Typer: I am able to type relatively quickly so I can respond to messages faster if I am online. For example, if there is a spammer online, I am able to take action with speed so that the spammer causes less annoyance to the community. Thus, if I am online, I should be responding to messages swiftly as long as I am not away from the keyboard checking forums, or already settling an issue that another player has called me to help with.

Trustworthy: I believe that I am trustworthy. If I have the honour of serving this community, I will never have the intention to abuse my powers on players in this server. I will not let the temptation of power take over me. Although I am aware of my past records, I have changed for the better, and I do know that trust is hard to get once you make a mistake, so I will treasure it.

Empathetic: Empathy basically means, to me, that I am able to understand what someone else feels like, and put myself in their shoes (not literally, but you get what I mean). I try my best to understand and be patient with people, especially when they are impulsive and angry about an issue.

Mature: I believe that I am generally quite mature. Even though I may sometimes be slightly dramatic and act in the moment without thinking that much, I believe that I have made a fair amount of improvement on this. I think that I am able to handle pressure given to me better, especially through school. I am mature enough to make rational decisions for myself and understand the situation with various points of view.

Responsible: If I do something wrong, I understand that I should apologise and not be stubborn about it. I am also prepared to record and screenshot, and keep them as evidence through Gyazo, Imgur and QuickTimePlayer. I also do have a YouTube channel which I can upload videos on when reporting hackers, or just recording gameplay footage.

Active: I may not be active on all game modes, but I am very active on these game modes: Towny, KitPvP, OPPvP and ArcherPvP. I am currently working on Infection and Skywars. I am less active on the other game modes, though I will make an effort to be more active there. The PvP game modes need a lot of Moderator attention, so that is why I choose to be active on those gamemodes as they usually attract a number of hackers, and I am willing to spend extra time on those gamemodes.

Willing to learn: I am humble and willing to learn from not just my mentor Moderator, but also other Moderators. I do recognise that I may not know all the information I need to know when being a Moderator, and how to react to certain situations, and so I will definitely be willing to seek help from other Moderators, when given the opportunity.

People-centred: I am people-centred. I take each member of this community seriously, and do not try to bully them or discriminate against them. As Moderators have to deal with one-on-one issues sometimes, I believe that I will be able to do this as I am able to communicate well with people. I am sensitive to others' preferences as well, so I do not try to impose my own ideas and beliefs onto others, unless they are the correct thing, e.g. the rules.

Language: This isn't really something I'm doing, but more like what I am currently able to do. I am able to speak fluently in two languages, English and Mandarin. Although the Chinese-speaking community is small, this would be an advantage. I would be able to at minimum, understand and converse with them if they require help.

Knowledge about hacks: I do have knowledge of the commonly used hacks such as Anti-KB, Kill Aura, Triggerbot, Reach, NoSlow. I have this knowledge partly due to me having used a hacked client before. As such, I can better detect toggled hacks. Thus, if I am promoted to a Moderator position, it would be quite difficult for me to false ban a player. If in doubt, I would always seek other Moderators' opinions.

Dedicated: I do know that there have been some Moderators resigning, some after just a few months, and some, longer. I am dedicated to help this server better, not take credit for the things that I have not done, and create a better gameplay experience for the players around me. If I am given this opportunity to serve this server, I believe that I am now prepared to sacrifice my time for this server that I have been on for nearly three years, now.
      mod app pic.png
      How long can you be active on the server everyday?

<< School weeks >>

Monday: 1.5-2.5 hours
      Tuesday: 2-2.5 hours
      Wednesday: 2-2.5 hours
      Thursday: 1.5-2.5 hours
      Friday: 2-3 hours
      Saturday: 3.5-4 hours
      Sunday: 2.5-3.5 hours

<< Holiday weeks >>
      Monday: 4 hours
      Tuesday: 4 hours
      Wednesday: 4 hours
      Thursday: 4 hours
      Friday: 3.5 hours
      Saturday: 4 hours
      Sunday: 3.5 hours

While this amount of time may not seem a lot, but I am confident that I will make good use of this time and really put my main priority to be Mineverse during this period. I do not wish to not follow up on these promises after being promoted. I am also very active on the forums.

mod app pic.png

Timezone: This is an additional section. Since Auzziii is the only Moderator in my timezone, I would like to help reduce the stress and help take on some of the responsibility, so she, and other Australian Moderators don't wear out quickly because of the stress. Quoting @Auzzi , I understand that she finds it difficult to manage the reports on her own, and I acknowledge that. This is just a mere example of how I would like to help the other Australian Moderators on this server. Recently, Moderators, especially from Australia, have been resigning from their positions. I hope to fill this gap and aid with the moderating of this timezone.

I may not be the only applicant in my timezone (there are
      two including me), but I think that I should apply, as I do think I will be able to meet the expectations. and more, at times, of the community.

Furthermore, in this link: https://gyazo.com/eb65148df046b1903ce5b0dec333168d , I can prove that sometimes when I log in, there are no Moderators online. As a result, players are unable to contact them in-game. Thus, I would like to connect with the players around this timezone so that they receive longer periods of attention than they have now. Thus, I think that my timezone really helps in this way, such that I may help bridge the timezone gaps while being in Southeast Asia.

mod app pic.png

How long have you been playing Mineverse?

I have been playing Mineverse since early 2014, and it’s safe to say it’s been nearly 3 years now. Through this experience, I think I understand the community more as it changes and I think I can better moderate this community through my experience here.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

Yes, I have. I was banned I think about twice for post farming (not entirely sure), and I have definitely learnt my lesson. As many of you can see, I am no longer post farming, and I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible actions. I have also been banned once in-game for abusing a glitch on Survival, where people could fly. I was later unbanned as there were too many people getting banned for this glitch. I am also very sorry for doing this, and I was acting impulsively, enjoying flying around in Survival.

For more information about this, I highly encourage you to visit this thread:
      www.mineverse.com/threads/andrews-revelation.87453

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
      Yes, I do have experience as a Moderator! I was a Moderator and later a Head-Admin for a small server called The Crafty Crafters. It was a slightly successful small server, attracting a small player base. I moderated it for a fair amount of time, and it was unfortunately shut down due to funding issues. I was also a Moderator for other servers, but they were also closed due to unbeknownst reasons, most of which I would guess to be funding issues.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No
      Yes, I do meet the requirements for staff.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      I have at least 2 weeks experience on forums
      I have at least 50 messages
      I have Skype (Skype/Teamspeak 3)
      I have 2FA enabled.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

mod app pic.png
      To those who wish to drop a comment but want to have their identities more anonymous, you can PM me on forums and I'll definitely respond.

Thank you to all the people who have encouraged me to put up a Moderator Application, it really made me feel like someone believed in me :) Thank you for reading my Moderator Application. I am open to constructive criticism!

More obvious information on how I can help by being a Moderator on the server:
      https://gyazo.com/2938729e9b533140f22890f21757b691

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    2. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

@Jas0n Thank you for the support! Do you have any comments on how I can improve?

3. Kyra

Kyra Well-Known Member

I support you 100%
      But I do have some suggestions.
      1. I would use more color, but make sure it's not bright.
      2. I don't believe I have seen you in-game yet.

But other then that. Good luck ❤️

4. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Thank you for the support!
      Colour: I will definitely take your suggestion into use!
      Activity: Hmm... What time zone are you in? Near mine? Maybe we could meet up, I am pretty active in the gamemodes above, though I'm trying to get more active on other gamemodes, especially Infection. Thank you for your feedback!

5. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

Definite Support.

6. Kyra

Kyra Well-Known Member

I forgot about time zones. My time zone: I also didn't start playing infection till today and in my opinion I don't quite like it. I would suggest Op PvP to be a big one you should consistently play.
      Eastern Time Zone
      UTC-05:00

7. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

I see. I'll try to catch you when I see you online, what gamemodes do you normally play?
      Thank you so much! Do you have any comments on how I can improve, or any reasons why you supported me?

8. Kyra

Kyra Well-Known Member

Skygrid, survival, op pvp, kit pvp. Op prison (not often), skywars, infection (just started.)

9. Ruminisque

Ruminisque Experienced Member

You're active, friendly, intelligent, knowledgeable, and an overall great applicant for this position.

10. Tigerz

Tigerz Boss Member

Neutral leaving towards support, all I suggest is improving game activity a little

11. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Support, very active and friendly!

12. Clones5

Clones5 Well-Known Member

Support.
      • Active
      • Friendly
      • Does reports
      • Meets requirements
      • Great application :)

13. ShonalFromRaxs

ShonalFromRaxs Well-Known Member

no support

14. CrystalConduct

CrystalConduct Experienced Member

No, you seem cool ;P

15. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Thank you! :)
      Yup, I am currently working on getting on more gamemodes, especially the PvP ones, so I can have more chances to find those hackers :P Thank you for the suggestions!
      Thanks so much WhyteDuck! Any things I can improve on?
      Thank you for your support, and stating some reasons! It really helps me to keep myself in check.
      Could you state some reasons why? I understand that you may be salty after I reported you twice for profanity, but please be impartial in this. I respect your opinion, though. It'd be good if you gave me some extra feedback for me to improve on! Thanks!
      Ah, thanks!

16. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

Lol no support
      Hehe Support <3

17. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Thanks! I saw that support :P Any reasons why you support me or how you think I can improve on my behaviour, etc? :) Constructive criticism to me is very important in my improvement process.

18. Baby

Baby Well-Known Member

I cri

Some advice:
      - Come back to Earth (You're an Astronaut hehe)
      - Maybe more gamemodes? I don't play MV In-Game much
      - More color and design on your app :)

19. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Boss Member

Just do more reports, other than that you should be a-okay

20. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

1. Coming back to Earth? Ah... Well, I'll have to see.
      2. I play quite a number of gamemodes, as you will know if you read my application through.
      3. Yup, I'll try to add more colour and design to my application!
      Thank you for the feedback!

I see, thanks! I've been trying to get more reports in. I'll try. :)

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.