x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • [Skygrid] Change the economy/currency system

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Maxamul, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Hello, today I was playing Skygrid and I came to the conclusion that the economy, or currency system we have on Skygrid needs to be changed completely. If you have never played Skygrid, I will explain the current currency system to you and why it should be changed.

-The Economy is based off of Emeralds, an in game item.
      Emeralds, an in-game item are the currency for Skygrid. I think this is actually dumb, as on other gamemodes you have your money on you at all times. This is bad for Skygrid as no one carries emeralds on them at all times as it is incredibly easy to fall off into the void and die.

-Emeralds are hard to get.
      There are only two ways to get emeralds currently; voting, or through /kit Titan, both of which only give you one emerald. They cannot be found anyway in the world. This means you have to vote for months to get a large amount of them, and there is no server shop you can sell to to get money like there is on Survival.

-The current shop has few things of value.
      1fcef780f573e715fc5317207da1afba.png

As you can see, the only real things of value are sponges; which are very glitchy. As well as Ender Chests. Nothing else is really worth buying. So there are really only two reasons to get emeralds.

Possible Solutions

-Make emeralds more common

Possibly make emeralds able to be found in the world? This would make it so you can explore and still find emeralds, however, this would mean that no one would want to vote for emeralds as they can easily find them in the world.

-Get more emeralds for voting
      Another possible solution is to make it so you get a larger amount of emeralds from voting/using kit titan than we currently do. However, we would have to inflate the prices of shop items.

-Add a server sell shop
      Add a server shop like Survival. Where you can sell in game items for emeralds, however, this would lead to the same problems as Survival has with it's economy.

-Replace the emerald system completely
      The best way would probably be to completely remove the emerald system and replace it with the regular money system other gamemodes have. This would mean we could also add auctions, player shops, vote crates/partys, etc. I would be fine with the player shop idea if we also changed the land protection method as griefing is too easy for people to trust others to come to their base. So other things would have to be fixed if we had player shops. But we could implement this and just have a server sell shop, or not have a way to make money at all other than voting.

Honestly, all of these solutions have issues and other things would have to be fixed for some of them to work. However, they would be better than the current system we have now. Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    2. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Mm, neutral.

3. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Reasons?

4. Calli

Calli Boss Member

Tone down the green and then I'll support.

5. Nyath

Nyath Experienced Member

I am neutral also. I agree that it is super hard to get emeralds. But if we change that and make it easier to get the emeralds in game, then nobody would vote.

6. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

That's why I proposed multiple solutions, I honestly think it would be best to completely remove the emerald system and replace it with regular money.

7. Nyath

Nyath Experienced Member

I support that idea.

8. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Thanks.