x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Forums Staff of the month

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ModernAdventurer, Aug 27, 2019.

1. ModernAdventurer

ModernAdventurer Experienced Member

The MVP staff member should be awarded Staff of the month, for example, if a staff member has spent more hours moderating or has banned more hackers then than anyone else then they would receive the staff of the month award, it could be on the home page or something like so.

2. its_tuber

its_tuber Active Member

Not needed no support

3. Ares_Xena

Ares_Xena Legendary Member

It's me. I am staff of the month.

4. lordeesti

lordeesti Experienced Member

Honestly see no reason for this to be implemented. Like what’s the point? A Staff Member might just focus on getting this which could lead to them not really focusing too much on helping players which is the role of a Mod and instead focusing on a Title.

5. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Honestly why not, this might motivate staff members to get online more often to get the Staff of the month.
      If a staff member was trying to get this they would have to focus on helping people so ur statement doesn't make sense. If anything they will focus on helping people more than before.

6. Ares_Xena

So, how would you keep track of moderators helping players? Screenshots? ''Hey guys I answered a question today. +1 point to me!".

7. lordeesti

They’re helping players for a Title. They aren’t helping players just to help them, they have a goal in mind.

8. Turtle.

Idk It’s not my suggestion I just said it wasn’t a bad idea. But it is really no different than being employee of the month. It’s just a little recognition for hard work in my opinion.

9. Ares_Xena

Of course, it's not your suggestion. You did however comment about how this could work, and therefor might have thought it out a bit more than the original poster. I guess not.

10. Turtle.

Well what I meant is that it would be up to the Admins/Head Mods to decide instead of a point system.

11. ATruePitato

ATruePitato Active Member

Huge no support on this.

12. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

Finally some motivation and reward? If you find out a way to track stats correctly and all, support

13. Ares_Xena

That's still helping players. Players are on discord and forums, like you mentioned yourself. My question was more aimed towards Turtle's input, and how he visualised this being tracked. Screenshots were one option. Another would be having an admin or the head of staff take notes of this themselves. Again, just asking how he visualised it when he typed that comment; because God forbid if someone wrote something without thinking.

14. lordeesti

If you're going for a Moderator role you're going for the role because it'd provide you with the commands/tools needed to help players and overall make the server a better place. I don't see the Owner putting in the time and effort to find a "Staff of the Month" just to announce that when that time could be used to bring more onto the server.

15. lordeesti

Either way, I still don't see a point in this and still Don't Support.

16. SniffMyToes

SniffMyToes Boss Member

This relies of the headstaff themselves being very active, and many complain that this isn’t the case anyways. They got stuff to do mane other than watch the mods, that’s what Sr-mods are for.

17. Turtle.

Maybe if you were a moderator you would see it differently since this doesn't affect you other than having more motivated staff which is what everyone wants.

18. lordeesti

If I wanted Moderator I’d apply for it. On previous servers I have nodded on, any mentions of Staff of the Month was pointless and useless to me. Especially since I just worked towards helping players and making them happy and enjoy the server leading to them loving and appreciating me and wanting me to basically become an Admin seeing as our Admins were never active.

19. ferras

ferras Legendary Member

No support. I think adding this would cause more trash spoken about moderators. There's already enough people speaking about how the moderators aren't active, don't handle reports, etc. so with this being added people will just compare the moderators who didn't get "staff of the month" to the moderator that did which would cause staff disrespect which is bannable. It'll just more chaos, and problems. I can already think of a few things.
      I get that this is motivating for staff, but read what I said above. Maybe something else could be done as motivation for moderators. With the recent updates, fixes, etc. on Mineverse, I've been seeing more people motivated and coming back to the server, some that said their leaving, some that resigned because there was no hope in the server, there was no motivation. So Mineverse keeping up the updates will keep up the number of players, and people wanting to become staff, and so on.

20. amli

amli Boss Member

no support kinda along with what was said above me
      not only is this true but imagine if you tried super hard for staff of the month and you didn't get it? imagine how disheartened you would be, I feel like although the initial idea is cute it would actually be counter-productive and demotivate people