x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Survival Survival - Please Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Andrewswj, Mar 19, 2016.

?

Should Survival be Reset?

1. Yes. I understand the severity of the situation.

2. No, I dupe. Don't destroy my items.

3. No, I have worked hard. I don't want to lose my items.

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Survival Emergency Call for Reset

[Introduction]
      Hi members of the Mineverse Community. I'm andrewswj and I mainly play Survival whenever I am on Mineverse, so I think I have enough rights to voice my opinions on this. Yes, I am aware that you may have seen this kind of thread many times already. They, however, usually escape the eyes of Cyp or Tanner. I hope to raise this issue again.

[Why Reset Survival?]
      To those who do not play Survival regularly or have just joined Survival in this "new" reset, I will refresh you a bit. Before this current Survival you now see was in existence, there was an old Survival. This old Survival had duplication glitches which included nether portals, rails, hoppers, etc. This partly explains why hoppers are disabled. Anyway, once some found out that you could duplicate items, the spread of duplicated items began. It was so severe that even a dragon egg was worth $1, or even deemed to be worthless. So, they reset Survival, and that is the current Survival you now see.

- Dupers -
      Not many may know about this, but dupers are still thriving here in Survival. They have duplicated player heads, dragon eggs (there are 10 now I think) [EDIT: As of 6 September 2016, dragon eggs are essentially useless. RIP my 3million I used to buy 1/9 of the dragon eggs early on in the reset) and many more items. Now, not many know about how to dupe, so that is good. However, this still poses as an issue to the Survival community as we really do not want glitched in/duped items as this causes unrest.

- Lag -
      Not only that though, there are some problems as there aren't many people who require the scrawny meat of the rabbits in /spawn now. So, at times, I end up lagging a bunch just by going to /spawn as the 10000000 rabbits are jumping around. Maybe lag isn't that big of a problem, but if you're an active Survival player, you really don't want such problems daily.

- Unlimited Warps -
      You can literally create unlimited warps. All you need to do is log out and log back in, create a new warp. This is just ridiculous. It is obvious why this should be removed.

- Spawner Auctioning -
      The auction plugin is meant to reduce scamming and to add a bit more of fun to Survival. However, spawners are kind of valuable, and no one wants to lose a spawner to a scammer. But this problem has arose. If you have, say, a Blaze Spawner and you want to auction it, it immediately becomes a Pig Spawner, so you technically lose money just buy selling a "Blaze" "Pig" Spawner.

- Fly Glitch (Patched) -
      I know that this has been patched already, but early on, there was this glitch where you could type in .warp a in chat and be able to fly. I admit, I got banned for this. I abused this glitch, but the situation got very severe then, with many getting banned for it, so Cyp said that no one would be banned for it (temporarily), so all who got banned for flying (including me) got unbanned. This hasn't happened again, nor is it a huge problem, but you aren't meant to be able to fly in Survival in the first place. It was hyped up quite a lot, and it caused some trouble as money was extorted in exchange for knowledge of how to use the glitch, etc. Survival suddenly became Creative V2, coming at you with /fly enabled! :/

- World size or /wild ? -
      I may be wrong about this, but either the world size has to get bigger or the /wild has to get fixed. /rtp and /wild are pretty broken. Don't get me wrong. You CAN use these commands, but they normally teleport you to a claimed or griefed land, which is absolutely undesired. The whole point of /wild or /rtp is to allow you to find a clean space or a relatively pleasant looking plot of land to build something, start a new "project" or just explore. However, most of the time, when you do /wild or /rtp , you get teleported to a griefed area, as I mentioned. If Survival gets a reset, please don't just reset and fix the above issues. Please either fix /wild and /rtp (if it's possible) or increase the world size A LOT.

- Where did you get these items! -
      I took a break from Mineverse for a month, and KABOOM. When I came back onto Survival a month later, I saw a monstrosity of player heads, barrier blocks and a few command blocks in private possession of a few players. Now, I don't think the people who got them necessarily HACK or duplicate to get them, but I really don't understand how you got those items... Heads were originally not in Survival, especially custom player heads, that you can only get in Creative by doing /give (playername) skull 1 3 {SkullOwner:playername}. Barrier blocks and command blocks are only supposed to be spawnable as OP or in Creative.

[Economy]
      All these issues above affect one thing: Economy. Economy in Survival is very important. You use money to buy things, flaunt your wealth, have a sense of achievement, etc. With players making 1 million each day (exaggerations...) by duplicating items (which takes about 20 minutes max to get that money) and other players who actually try to earn 1 million by mining, farming blaze, trading, building, etc., this causes an imbalance in Social-Economic hierarchies. Still, I would like to point out that some with say, 5 million may have earned that through actual effort and not duping, so please don't go on Survival and just say that all those who are rich are dupers. No, that is not true. Please do not generate that stereotype. The economy is bad, but it really doesn't mean that all who are "richer than you" or just plain rich are dupers. A very good example is Ramiius, an older Survival player who generally makes his money through AFK Cactus Farms and Iron Golem Farms.

I have known Ramiius quite a long time as a Survival player, and have seen his bases before, and he does everything legit. Thus, don't go around saying "This player or that player" is a hacker because he has lots of money.

[Conclusion]
      I wish to say that this plea of mine is not just my plea. It's many players' plea. Others have created threads like these and have gained much support towards this. I can support this with evidence of screenshots. Also, please. I am not taking the effort to type this out just to gain "Support" and "Agree" ratings. I am writing this because Survival is about one of the only gamemodes I play regularly, and the situation in Survival regards me too.

[Evidence of Support]
      Meliodas mentions that problems aren't solved with this new reset and so could we have a reset that actually fixed things?
      EMERGENCY CALL.png
      This is evidence of head duping.
      Evidence.png
      @Meliodas and some others hope to have a Vanilla Survival. I have a neutral to supportive idea on this.
      Call for Vanilla Survival.png
      Below are from the thread: Global Reset and I have picked out the part about Survival and it also mentions roughly the same problems as I have mentioned above. This is evidence that this actually occurs.
      Reasons to reset Survival.png
      @Valixta mentions the severity of the situation in Survival as well as the problems we are facing.

SUPPORT.png
      SUPPORT 2.png

To those who have worked hard and legit to get your items and are unwilling to support this change, please read this. I am sincere in telling you that please, we all worked hard. I worked hard to make my money and get my items, but things have to change. We can always have a better Survival after a (hopefully) good reset that fixes these issues, so we can all have a fair chance to be a recognisable player, appreciated player, whatever it is. Please, Survival Community. Even if you aren't part of it, do check it out, you'll understand immediately. :)

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    2. ImJustAndrew

ImJustAndrew Boss Member

3. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Of course, just to mention: There's more evidence than that. Many more approve of this idea, but it would take ages to put in so many screenshots. Just go on Survival :) You can see it for yourself.

4. sircorgi

sircorgi Boss Member

Support. The amount of info into this is amazing by the way, it shows that you are commited to a reset and I understand why people want one now.

5. Arabic Bear

Arabic Bear Well-Known Member

Support, it would help all the survival community!

6. Discdog1000

Discdog1000 Well-Known Member

Support.

7. Tariar

Tariar Experienced Member

Support so much explanation for just areReset you must want it bad

In music class we sung mine-verses

8. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Thanks.
      Thank you, I really appreciate it. :) I try to be committed to stuff I actually want to do. :)
      Thanks
      Thank you!
      Thanks! :) Ooh, Mine-verses. haha :P

9. alma

alma Boss Member

Support.

10. Titanicguy

Titanicguy Boss Member

Why am I not tagged?Survival is bae.Smh.
      Support,the Survival server is so broken.

11. yehs

yehs Builder Builder

Support.

12. MrDrag

MrDrag Experienced Member

Support. Why am i not Tagged ;-;

13. clxrity

clxrity dev Developer Premium

Support.

14. Maxamul

Maxamul Boss Member

Support

15. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Thank you all for the supports. Sorry if I missed out your tags, I don't know everyone who's active on Survival. #Survival4Reset guys! :( Tanner... D:

16. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

Support!

I would actually like to start new again.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    17. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Hi, to that one person out there and many more (possibly) who wish to put their vote as "No. I have worked hard. I don't want to lose my items.", please think about the whole community and not just yourself. If we can improve our gaming experience LONG TERM, why don't we do it even if it means just losing out on some items for a short while before we get it back again? I understand that I may not convince you to change your mind, but it's worth a try. I won't find you and reprimand/threaten you for going against my opinions, but I hope you will think about this sometime soon. Please, it's for a better gaming experience overall both for you and everyone else. Look at this. Survival is desperately in need of a revamp. It's just whether you are bold enough to make a decision that will allow the game to be more fair towards the community in general. That's all I will say. I respect your decision though, and I won't force you to change your vote. I just hope you will think about this. :)

18. Prins545

Prins545 Guest

Support!

19. Stephen Curry

Stephen Curry Well-Known Member

The griefed parts of survival are in desperate attention of revamping, but some people worked hard, and I mean HARD. No matter what anyone thinks, they could be entirely upset of the idea of removing their hard work and long-term dedication. Neutral for now.

20. Andrewswj

Andrewswj Boss Member

Yes, thank you for raising that. I understand. I'm not going to force them to change their thoughts, but at least they should consider :) Maybe we could have a /survival 2 afterwards so they don't lose their progress entirely.

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.