x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Implemented Survival Suggestions/Rant [Re-posting Here To Get Attention Of Higher Ups]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yogi, Feb 24, 2018.

?

Bring Hoppers Back?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
      92.3%
    2. No

1 vote(s)
      7.7%
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Yogi

Yogi Active Member

Hello all! I'm ItsYorgito from the Survival server on Mineverse. To start this all off I just wanted to say that the Mineverse community as a whole is amazingly friendly and a great server to play on. Now for my little rant/suggestions.

Bring the hoppers back!

I just started to play recently because a friend suggested the server to me (ImMrMuffin) to play along side him and build some cool stuff.
      • The way I approach most servers with an economy is to gather up a boatload of money to the point where I am basically buying anything I need without having to go gather the items myself. Building a steady and stable shop filled with everything anyone would need and I would supply it with the farms that.
      • A giant turn off for me instantly was when I tried to use a hopper for a mini farm that I built and to my disappointment it didn't work. I asked my friend and he said they disabled it for a dupe glitch that 1.12.2 has. Also when I asked in chat most of the people said that it would ruin the economy which in my opinion, is wrong being that I've played a lot of servers that had hoppers and the economy was fine.
      • With the addition of hoppers means a more inflated economy with the shop prices and item availability (another rant below). This can be easily fixed by lowering the prices of easily farmed and easily abused items, (iron, gold, sugarcane, pumpkins, ect.) This allows the economy to be balanced by having people afk/grind for longer than normal to keep prices balanced so that afking/grinding for 1 hour doesn't get you 1 million or in this case 500k because there is a limit? That also makes no sense, capping money on a economy based server? Really makes no point in being the "richest" on the server. In any case the economy is a simple fix but I do admit that it will take time.
      • Also the duplication bug has already been fixed by about 99.99% of servers by a plugin/code added to the server so that really isn't an excuse.

Add more items to the shop! (This will be short, I promise)

The shop right now is lack luster. Being a 1.12.2 compatible server, so many more blocks have been added to the game deeming it somewhat necessary to add 90% of them to the shop.
      • The building and decoration selection is terrible, only being able to buy oak logs? Really? We can't even buy saplings in the shop!
      • Lapis and coal blocks as well as every other block made from resources should be in the Resources tab, not in decoration.
      • Brewing, food and redstone tabs are lackluster of actual needs for the selections.
      • Transportation is still unavailable.
      • 100k for a pig spawner! Regular members should at least be able to change them into any passive mob (excluding mooshrooms and any other biome specific mob) Donators should have access to changing the spawner to any mob (depending on their rank). Which again isn't that hard to do.
      • You can only sell redstone repeaters? How do you mess that up lol?
      Fix mob spawning!

Yes, I do understand that more mobspawning equals more lag. But as of right now barley any mobs spawn, less than regular, vanilla mobspawning.
      • Villagers have trouble breeding and spawning.
      • Dark room spawners are useless for people who don't have spawners (They are all basically gone, especially in the nether as they have all been savaged)
      • Mobs don't even spawn anywhere near me, like at all. I have been trying to get villagers for the past 2 days irl and no mobs spawn. I made a 20x20 dark room and afk all aroud it for 10-20 minutes and nothing spawns. I've made one underground and above ground and everywhere in between and none want to spawn. Fix mob spawning!!!!!!!!
      The end barley spawns endermen for endermen farms (I tried to make one and only had 6 maximum endermen in my spawner at a time before killing them, and yes I was at least 3-4 chunks away from another island)

More staff/active staff!

I have been playing for about 2 weeks now and across all the servers I have seen like 2-3 staff members and they only get on to reset the /staff time or quickly chat and leave.
      • Hire more staff.
      • Make staff more active.
      • Hire more devs.
      • Make devs more active.

Reset the End and Nether!
      • The end and nether have been saved already.
      • With new players coming into the server, it's hard to find spawners, elytras, glowstone, ect. with the End and Nether being as old as the server.
      • Have an automatic Nether and End reset like once every month or 2. That is that a staff member doesn't always have to be on to reset it manually.
      Claims and blocking people from them!
      • Let people be able to block others from coming into their claim.
      • Give us a claim GUI to where we can pick and chose certain things ie; water and lava flow, fire spread, and the ability to block others from coming into their claim entirely.
      • Disable door and trap door use on claims automatically, don't make us use signs to do that. That's a fat no brainer.

Thank you for your time and thank you for reading! Any criticism and other suggestions are welcomed! Thank you again for reading my long post and hopefully some of this stuff is either fixed or implemented by being backed by the community!

2. mad

mad Active Member

Support, especially on the point about being able to prevent someone from coming on your claim.

3. abbie

abbie receptionist Premium It's My Birthday!

Support

4. Que_Ball

Que_Ball Experienced Member

Can we renovate locked chests and sign shop permissions? How about allowing you to remove locked chests and shop signs inside your own claims. Realize this might be something that needs some announcement before implementing otherwise people would loose things they thought were protected. But if you prevent further adding of locked chests at least but still allow original owner to break them it could stop the clutter from increasing.

So if a users claim expires but they left a bunch of locked signs on crates and doors it creates a real mess for any future use of that space. Honestly we don't even need lockette as you control access to chests inside your claim permissions. I do not even want there to be private chests outside of your own claim permissions system. And I would prefer it if the shop chests and signs just followed the claim permissions instead of the lockette behaviour.

5. lokadd

lokadd Experienced Member

Support :)

6. Yogi

Yogi Active Member

So are any of these going to be implemented? Or a fix coming anytime soon?

7. Ozzy

Ozzy Experienced Member

I could tell you why hoppers are not allowed and will most probably never be brough back. The reason is it is way to simple to dupe. Before you say stuff like "they patched it" and more things like that take the time to consider if a dupe glitch was made and people explotied it they would have to restart survival and all you progress would be lost.

So consider this.
      Do you value what is on surivial right now and not having the server being restarted frequently
      Or having to play survival without hoppers and the econmy being stable and less restarts?

The rest of the ideas seem pretty good but I can't judge because I dont play survival and I have no intention to.

8. Yogi

Yogi Active Member

I do agree with you on the dupe part but hoppers had like 2-3 glitches which all where in the last patches, this "new" one with the minecart doesn't work. He cuts the video and I've tested it for hours with every possibility checked and it doesn't work. All servers have to deal with it and they do, we just need an active community to report these along with active devs/staff who can fix them (with server file access).

9. Nexel

Nexel Active Member

100% support, all of these suggestions are needed in my opinion

10. imnotdim

imnotdim Active Member

I completely agree! those can be very annoying indeed.. cant say i do it myself haha

11. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

Hoppers got added :)

12. Yogi

Yogi Active Member

Unfortunately I have already left the server a while ago, no changes where made at all, no response from an owner of dev, just one good admin. The server owner clearly has no interest in fixing the survival server therefor why should I play on it if it takes months for 1 simple change. The server is dead as it should be at this point, not much else I can say. In terms of all the things I've listed, adding hoppers was like middle priority.

13. Acceptation

Acceptation Boss Member Premium

Rip, sad yo see you go :c

14. FearTheKlowns

FearTheKlowns Well-Known Member Premium

15. GroceryStoreBrandChicken

GroceryStoreBrandChicken Active Member

If hoppers are evil in factions,
      they aint gonna do no better in survival.
      *Warps*
      -Falls to death-
      *Hopper collects stuff*
      -Goes into chest-
      (It's claimed)

*Rages*

And yet they're back

16. FearTheKlowns

FearTheKlowns Well-Known Member Premium

Ouch. True. Make a suggestion if you want to be removed ASAP and they will consider it.

17. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

I will support most of this, just gonna break it down.
      Support to this, bug got patched.
      Yeah, support for that. Needs fixing.
      They don't just leave. The other mods that are active may not be in your timezone.
      Every 3 months SUITABLE staff are picked.
      COSTS MONEY
      They only get paid to do what they need to do, they aren't trained to moderate.
      Resetted
      That'd be good and will save bman and crew's time.
      Yes please.

If you're still active, please take this strong advice.

18. Purge

Purge Boss Member

Neutral

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    19. Porky

Porky Senior Moderator Senior Moderator Competition Team

Dude, you can't support it all, you need to read it and break down the sections as part of it is now invalid :/

20. Koreancurry

Koreancurry Active Member

Support but hoppers are added but the shop yes I would love it to be expanded

Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.