x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • The Hypocrisy of Infection

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Defamation, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Defamation

Defamation Active Member

The game "Infection" is quite a good game mode, very fun indeed but very unfair.

Teaming/Boosting makes the game unfair for other users. I understand that there is no rule against it but the hypocrisy is that there are other rules to keep the game "fair". Let's get to some examples by comparing teaming to other rules.

Lobby Glitching - clearly this is unfair as it means a player cannot be killed. Let's compare that to teaming; an alive player points out all the spots of other alive players to their zombie friend who then kills them so that their friend can win the game. Pretty must the same situation. It's unfair to other players.

Weapon/Armor Glitching - this rule is to give zombies/players a "fair" advantage during game play however, the game will never be fair due to teaming and of course extremely OP weapons and perks. If you think that giving a zombie a weapon to kill others is unfair think of teaming like that. You're giving a zombie a radar to kill others so that you can win. Extremely unfair and unethical.

Boosting/Block Glitching to Unreachable Areas - The rule here is saying that you shouldn't help someone take advantage of the map so that they can win the game... basically it's the exact same thing as teaming. This is extremely hypocritical.

Death Respawn Glitch Abuse - the rule here is to stop people from gaining an unfair advantage and essentially getting help to win the game unfairly. The exact same thing is done with teaming. You're gaining help unfairly to win the game.

If I haven't changed your mind about teaming then i'd advise you to go play without teaming and see how you do.

If you're going to reply saying you disagree give me your reasons.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    2. Ordi

Ordi Mythical Member Premium

There is a rule in place against boosting, but it's only kickable. Either way, it's still a rule that needs to be respected.

Teaming shouldn't be a rule, as it's a player's decision to team with someone. Some players team with a very large amount of players, while others team with a small amount. Either way, teaming shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I get how you are taking the teaming situation very unfairly, but like I mentioned above, it's a player's decision to team with someone. Teaming is like wars between armies, in this gamemode. One army stands together, as another army stands together. If they are zombies, they won't kill eachother, but go after the other armies.

3. Amori

Amori Experienced Member

There's no donor kits so NO perks
      Only xp I guess

4. fireplaces

fireplaces Experienced Member

Teaming is a part of the game and should not be removed. I used to play infection (perm banned) but teaming is the fun part getting to have fun with your friends and having a good time. The zombies are already OP enough with there prestige perks. The humans have no kits and they are very vulnerable when they are human. There is already a boosting / block glitching rule in place. Their is also always a way to get into an unreachable area if someone else has got there. (Unless they were hacking then that's different). Also, some people don't like to team they choose there own way to play the game. Teaming is not a required in this gamemode. You don't have to team with people.

5. Defamation

Defamation Active Member

Your reason honestly made no sense at all. The point of the game is to work your way through the levels. By teaming you get a free pass to do so making it unfair for other players.

I don't think you understand the point of this thread. By saying "teaming is fun" it's not justifying the unfair gameplay. It's only showing me that, in fact, a lot of this server is extremely corrupt and cannot see that they're ruining a fairly decent game mode.

Win = XP = Level Ups = Unfair Advantage

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
    6. Alana

Alana Well-Known Member

I have nothing against teaming, but I completely agree that everything else is unfair.
      Infection is way to unfair, and it is filled with so many glitches that make it even more unfair. The glitches and prestige ranks all needs to be fixed, or people are just going to keep raging and leaving mineverse.

7. Squire

Squire Well-Known Member

Teaming is annoying, but it's bound to happen no matter what. You'll just have to learn to deal with it...

8. Defamation

Defamation Active Member

"Learning to deal" with unfair winning isn't what I plan on doing. It's completing ruining the game mode. Teaming juxtaposed with poison eggs and sharp 20 bows.. it's ruining the experience.

9. EpicAgentJ

EpicAgentJ Experienced Member

Maybe the cheaters should be banned for a day? I don't know, just making suggestions

10. Defamation

Defamation Active Member

The reason teaming is unfair is because it allows for players who are "popular" on the server to win.

11. Defamation

Defamation Active Member

The point of this thread isn't to bring up the rules, it's more of to convince people that teaming should be illegal as it's extremely unfair.

12. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

It's not our fault you have no friends to team with. You can easily win without a team. Take me for example I'm nearly p2 or p3 and I have NO team.

Hypocrisy: The practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case
      How is the game-mode being hypocritical?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    13. Defamation

Defamation Active Member

Firstly you need to stop being rude. Secondly, the game is extremely hard to win when people are teaming. Thirdly, it's hypocritical to put other rules in place to "keep the game fair" when teaming is legal and is unfair.

14. Musezeta

Musezeta Well-Known Member

Are you trying to make the case that the server specific rules on Infection benefit and are used by players that teamed? I'm slightly confused.

Lobby glitching is a solo act. Teaming with players has no benefit to those that get stuck in the lobby, whether it be purposefully or not. It's both kickable and bannable.

Weapon/Armor glitching is glitch abuse; again this has nothing to do with players teaming. Anyone can do this for any reason they wish as it is a personal benefit. Again this is bannable.

Boosting, while it can be done by teammates, is more often done by regular players who use new players to boost themselves. These new players aren't going to know that this is the intention of a player or where these spots are.

Block glitching is again, a solo act for personal gain. Doing either of these is going to get you kicked.

The death respawn glitch, is once again a solo done act. While teamers may potentially do this to other alive players, most of the time it occurs by accident. If a player is blatantly doing this they are banned.

Teaming with the intention to use unfair advantages is not the same as just teaming. I team players but I don't go out of my way to give them wins every single round. I have no problem killing teammates nor do I have an issue with being unteamed - so if a player wishes to have a truce with their friend, then so be it.

If you're having trouble winning solo hide first and fight later. You're going to waste more time trying to get XP from kills than securing a round win. You can also use skins to hide yourself, we have no problem with this and I have seen many wins happen this way. Lastly try staying in the high levels instead of using /prestige rankup. That extra gear will give you more time to stay alive.

While you may not like it, it's apart of the game and not going away any time soon. There is no difference in two humans keeping each other alive and those who cross-team, they both provide the same result.

15. Mega_

Mega_ Boss Member

Firstly, you need to know that people disagreeing with you isn't being rude. Secondly, the game is very easy no matter if you team or not. I'm almost p3 and I have no team. Thirdly, it isn't hypocritical. Teaming is fair. If the game-mode was intended to be a free for all it would be unfair but it isn't. It's a team game-mode. The aim of the game for humans is to work together to stay alive, for zombies it's the same but to kill all humans.

16. Scorv

Scorv Gaming Warlord Premium

Everything you listed is against the rules and is punishable, except for teaming which is never going to be against the rules. There is absolutely nothing wrong with helping your friends or strangers level up in Infection.

There's a thing called karma. If you're nice to people, people might want to help you level up. If you're mean to people, people will want to make sure you don't win a level.

Even if teaming was added as a rule, it would be impossible to determine if someone is doing it or not. So if it was added, there would be chaos.

All you've done is go over a few rules and ranted about how they should be added, which is weird because they are already added. And complained about teaming, which will happen on pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME. Friends like helping friends.

17. Enderkiller77

Enderkiller77 Experienced Member

So you complain about infection yet I see you play everytime. I killed u a few times C: