x
  • IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
    0 Players Online
  • Join our Discord!
    0 Users Online
  • Updated Rules

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Janice, May 26, 2019.

1. Lamborghini

Lamborghini Active Member

AFK'ing was one of the most effective ways of gathering keys to sell for money later on.

idk

2. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

The rule has pros and cons, i think the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion

3. trinityy

trinityy stan boba Premium

what are the pros then

4. Swift

Swift Boss Member

Okay so let me get this straight, to report this as an offense we will just have to get /seen evidence of the player and that they are currently afk? As far as I know players don't get an afk tag next to them after so much time has passed where they do not move.

What if /seen says you are online for 4 hours and then you go afk for one minute and someone gets you banned off that? How would you prove that you were or weren't afk for that amount of time. You'd basically have to logout for any amount of time you're away.

5. Lamborghini

Just let the staff handle this LOL

• Like Like x 1
    6. Quertiss

Quertiss Retired Head Mod

There are more methods to determine whether someone was afk farming than simply basing it of /seen and the moderators are aware of this. We understand your worries but until we find a better solution this rule stays.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Turtle.

Turtle. Experienced Member

Also, how long is too long. Like @trinityy sometimes I go to do something quick and then I get dragged into something else for an hour and then I get banned?

• Like Like x 1
    8. Sando3

Sando3 Tom Holland Premium

Shouldn't AFK farming be a PVP server specific rule anyway? If this was to apply to Skyblock, I'm sure many people would be banned. Is there even a single person on /baltop who hasn't gone AFK for a wheat/slime/pumpkin/egg/mob farm? It would also be unfair since titans have /vanish, and there would be no way for regular players to report them for AFKing

To me, this rule just sounds very little thought through. An auto AFK kicker sounds great though, even though that can still be easily bypassed by a single movement or script

Also: Is profanity now a VERBAL warning instead of a /warn?

9. Deivid0ze

Deivid0ze Well-Known Member

I'm trying to imagine playing Prison (If that ever comes out again)

Whenever you would want to afk mobs for your grinder, you would be punished for leaving your PC over the night. I would agree that it's kinda cheating the game, but it's an advantage that everyone has, everyone can leave their PCs connected through the nights to afk various farms, grinders or whatever.

As Sando said, leaving this off for PvP servers would be ideal, but for every other gamemode it's just a big negative that would just annoy everyone.

I most likely would lose interest in the majority of the game modes that require grinding simply because of an AFK timer or a punishment for afking. Again, it's something everyone can do and everyone have that "advantage".

10. Front$treet

Front$treet Active Member

Is mineverse really getting this bad? Kicking/banning for AFKing? LMAOOOOOOOOOO. I dont understand the problem with AFKing accounts to get keys and money, anyone could do it and its not like you need to install a hacked client for it. If your computer cant handle opening 30 minecrafts then its not anyone elses fault but your that you have a trash pc. *AFKS* banned. LMAOO this is a joke rule literally makes zero sense. At this point they should just disable using your kits more than once a day because thats technically farming isnt it? this rule was definately proposed to slow down the progession in baltop advancements. But why? What is the point slowing down progression? With every community that exists, someone will always be able to cheat the system. And if this gets removed I bet that mineverses playercount will decrease by 30-60% instantly. On release about 20% of the players were AFK alts for VP rewards, and more recently, up to half the server is AFK alts at one point. How is mineverse benefitting from this rule? They aren't the farming rule is plain stupid, because people want these rewards, it encourages them to vote for mineverse multiple times. Now, what is the point in voting multiple times if you cant collect the end reward? Exactly, this rule will just make mineverse die even slower.
      have a nice day

11. hannah

hannah Boss Member

@Quertiss why is it so much work to just have an afk timer.... it shouldn’t be that much work

12. fran

fran Experienced Member

Um, mineverse's sister server (skyblock.net) has an AFK timer set for 45 minutes on Skyblock Economy (.ORG). Is it that hard to implement an AFK timer here too? I mean, it's already coded. (Don't quote me on this one) I know nothing about developing, anyway.

please don't rate me anything other than salt k bye

13. Quertiss

Quertiss Retired Head Mod

We will bring up an updated version of this rule soon because of feedback we received and clarify a little more on what the rule is meant for.

14. xTrendsetter

xTrendsetter Experienced Member

Please go check out my latest poll on bringing skywars back. Any participation is needed to spread awareness and bring the server back to at least where it used to be!! Thanks and have an amazing day!

15. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

We have been reading the replies and it seems the majority are in disagreement with our new farming rule. Quert has stated most of what we mean & I would like to clarify on some:
      • This is not meant for just one person on one account at one time. It is intended for multiple accounts. However, we are making a slight modification:
      • CHANGED*: If you are found to be on more than one account the rule would take in effect after 3+ hours. If you are just on one account the rule would take in effect after 12+ hours. Please know that we are not restricting you from afking completely. This is only if you are gone for a long amount of time. We are also making it so your bals and keys will not be taken away until the 2nd offense.
      • This rule is more for people who are on with multiple accounts for a long amount of time (3+ hours) and we check very thoroughly with each person before taking action. This includes messaging them a short message to see if they are afk, checking their ./seen, checking their inventory, and alt checking them.
      • I have spent yesterday discussing with some of you, both staff and from the community about your opinions on the rule so if I messaged you, thank you for voicing them to me! We decided to move the rule to server specific. This is going to be for Op PvP.
      • Almost all of you agreed that an afk timer would be best. The afk timer is something we have thought of for a while, but yes, it is a longer process than you would think and everything takes time. It's just been too long before we could get it implemented which is why we decided to with this rule for the time being. The majority of you that have talked to me has expressed the need for this, so I will continue to do my best to make it a reality. If we do decide to implement it, the farming rule may be modified or even removed. However, this is a new rule that is implemented for the time being and we hope it’s just for a short term.
      I hope this clears everything up.

• Like Like x 2
    16. i_am_youtuber

i_am_youtuber Administrator Administrator Head Moderator Competition Team

This is not at all what we want you guys to do.

We want your opinions, otherewise we would have no idea what you guys view this as.

17. Lamborghini

I agree, taking into account of everyone's opinion is the most reasonable option there is.

18. AcePvP

AcePvP Active Member

Good Job Janice

19. Janice

Janice Retired Admin | Max's Mentee Premium

I know this announcement was posted just less than an hour ago, but the owner and I just discussed and we decided for it to be removed. There will also be no afk timer plugin implemented for the time being.

Sorry for the confusion. ;-;

• Like Like x 1
    20. hannah

hannah Boss Member

so there is no rule for afk farming ?